A fish dish that's delish?

fizzle75

Original Poster
What are some really good fish dishes at WDW for folks who normally don't like fish? I actually really enjoy milder fish like cod, flounder and catfish but if it get's much fishier than that I can't stand it. Depending on how it's prepared and if it's not too fishy I really enjoy salmon as well.

We will be back at The World this April and we have ressies at the following restaurants...

Boma
Hollywood Brown Derby
Ohana
California Grill
Yak & Yeti
Jiko
Spoodles
Le Cellier

Do any of these restaurants have any good fish dishes that you fine folks would recommend? And for future reference are there any other good fish dishes at any of the other WDW restaurants?

-Matt

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Im suprised that you actually like catfish. That can be some fishy fish.

LeCellier and salmon go hand in hand.

Although I have never had it, Whispering Canyon has a mean trout I understand.

fizzle75

Original Poster
Im suprised that you actually like catfish. That can be some fishy fish.

LeCellier and salmon go hand in hand.

Although I have never had it, Whispering Canyon has a mean trout I understand.

I've had some really fishy catfish and I have some very mild catfish, I guess it all depends on how it's prepared and how fresh the fish is. Actually, the best catfish I've ever eaten was at The Garden Grill a couple of years ago.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I've had some really fishy catfish and I have some very mild catfish, I guess it all depends on how it's prepared and how fresh the fish is. Actually, the best catfish I've ever eaten was at The Garden Grill a couple of years ago.

Cool to know. We are eating there in June and I love catfish. Was it grilled or fried?

Rufus T Firefly

For future reference two fish dishes come to mind:

Cedar Plank Salmon at Artist's Point :slurp:

Potato Crusted Red Snapper at the Flying Fish :slurp:

Both were far more enjoyable than the forgetable dish I had at the Coral Reef.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Raglan Road has in my opinion the best Fish and Chips in the World. being English I am a Fish and Chips connoisseur LOL, and I give them 10 out of 10 at Raglan. :D

tigsmom

Raglan Road has in my opinion the best Fish and Chips in the World. being English I am a Fish and Chips connoisseur LOL, and I give them 10 out of 10 at Raglan. :D

Thats good to know. I was very disappointed in the stuff I had at the Rose & Crown.

To the OP:

I'll eat salmon any day of the week. I really loved the salmon at the old Tusker House. Had salmon at Akershus and the cedar plank at Artist is good also. For fish at WDW we go to the seafood buffet at Cape May in the Beach Club. They have all sorts of fish and plenty of non seafood too.

GoofyMom2

My DH really loved the catfish at the Garden Grill but for the life of him can't remember if it was baked or fried! LOLI have heard rave reviews about the salmon at Artist Point.I am also not a huge fish lover .......I would much rather have a good steak......but I do enjoy salmon, snapper and a few others. Many places have great appetizers that have shrimp and other shellfish if you like that as well. I just love Le Cellier's shrimp cocktail w/ wasabi coleslaw, a little spicy but so good!Oh, Columbia Harbor House has fish and chips that are pretty good, but obv. not on par with Raglan Road!

PineapplePrincess

A fish dish that's delish. Hmmm. . . does Dr. Seuss know you're plagiarizing?
Last time we were at Hollywood Brown Derby, I had the salmon, and it was indeed delish. It had some sort of polenta with it.:slurp: I hope they still have it, as we are eating there in 12 days!

LowesChevy

Spoodles has a red snapper dish that is great. It is served with Israeli cous cous, wilted greens and a light tomato broth. The red snapper is pan seared and lightly seasoned. The dish was mild and had no offensive odor bothering my DM, who dislikes fish, sitting next to me.

palmage

If you can find Grouper get a double order.
Don't get it fried though, get it grilled.
And it's more of a unique fish than Salmon

sbkline

For our group supper at California Grill, I was just looking over the menu this morning and noticed that they have a Red Snapper dish. I can't testify if it's any good or not, but a few years ago on one of our off property trips, when we visited my Aunt in Jacksonville, I had it in my head that I wanted to try some snapper but I never got to. So I thought I may try that when we meet up at the Cali Grill next month. Maybe we should both have it, then compare notes. LOL

And we ate at Garden Grill last year and the catfish was very good. And it was fried.

fizzle75

Original Poster
For our group supper at California Grill, I was just looking over the menu this morning and noticed that they have a Red Snapper dish. I can't testify if it's any good or not, but a few years ago on one of our off property trips, when we visited my Aunt in Jacksonville, I had it in my head that I wanted to try some snapper but I never got to. So I thought I may try that when we meet up at the Cali Grill next month. Maybe we should both have it, then compare notes. LOL

And we ate at Garden Grill last year and the catfish was very good. And it was fried.

Sorry bro, I'm happily married...I'm not sharing a plate with you.:lookaroun

sbkline

Sorry bro, I'm happily married...I'm not sharing a plate with you.:lookaroun

I'm happily married, too, and I find it difficult to share a plate with my wife. :ROFLOL: I'm greedy and selfish when it comes to my food and if anyone comes near it, I growl them away like a dog! :D:lol:

Obviously, I meant that we should each order the red snapper and eat from our own plates, then compare notes on how it tasted. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom