A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

Holly I LOVE all of the pictures! Some of my favorites are of you Brett on the monorail! What a great place to get wedding pictures!

I too love the Illuminations Cruise surprise. That is my and Adam's favorite firework show as well, and nothing will ever be as great as the first time we saw it together. I can just imagine how you felt getting to watch it from that view point as a great conclusion to your wedding day. I have to admit that I teared up a bit when you were describing your emotions during the show!

I can't wait to see you report on the Dream! Adam and I have already decided on a cruise for our honey moon (it will be my first) and I am secretly hoping that some of your (i already know amazing) pics, will help give DCL the edge! :ROFLOL:

P.S. I think your dress was amazing on you!

DisneyRed95

Yep, I'm crying along with your Illuminations story too. :cry: I just love that show. What a fabulous surprise for your families!

All your pictures turned out great! I love the monorail ones! It looked like you guys had so much fun! :sohappy:

silver1113

yep, I had actually not had any tears till now. I have been all smiles but, now come the tears and I am sitting at work. Good thing school is out.

You both look so magical and extremely happy together. I hope you will always feel that way. There will be good days and bad days, and remember to never go to bed mad. Say I Love You everyday, and NEVER leave each other without a kiss.

mamamouse

omg Holly could there be a more perfect story ,I('m so happy for you both that you truely had a wonderful day and just think it's only the beginning,Comgrats again and wish you all the best in your future together.I'm excited for more tr too!!:sohappy:

Fashionista007

What a way to arrive... it certainly beats having to elbow someone out of your space when they try to squeeze in at the last minute. :rolleyes:

This made me really LOL! What are people thinking sometimes? Someone once made a move to stand right in front of me during the Boo To You parade. They were a lot taller than me (not saying much as I'm about 5'3") and I wouldn't have been able to see anything. Plus we had been holding the spot for about an hour. But I saw it coming so I made sure to plant my feet wide apart enough that they couldn't fit in. The nerve of people!

Seriously, I’m all choked up just writing about Illuminations. I remember leaning over to Brett during the show and whispering, “thank you.” Thank you for this day, thank you for the love that we share, thank you for fulfilling my dreams, thank you for being you.

:cry: I love ROE. Promise has gotten me through some tough times. I'm so glad you got a chance to do a fireworks cruise and it looked breathtaking!

OK I've been crying for awhile now so I should probably go :) You two are just too adorable for words!

I have been reading this and tearing up for every new post. Not to mention my boyfriend is tired of me saying "look at this picture". I am so happy for you and Brett and all of the pics look as beautiful and as fun as the wedding and TR sounds. I can't wait for more!!

Congrats again!!! :sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

I think I've figured this out. You must be posting your updates when you get home from work. Unfortunately, the time difference catches me when I'm supposed to be making dinner. Oh-freakin-well! The guys can just have pizza until this is done! I've waited a looooong time for this..... :lol:

As I was reading I made notes on a napkin. I wasn't tearing myself away to go get real paper. Here's what I got:

- When I'm so hungry I'm starving to death but then again I'm not, this is not a time to ask me what I want to eat. I won't be able to say anything other than "food". However, if you start suggesting things nothing will appeal. Tracey is reduced to a fuming, cursing mess by this every now & then. I think it's funny. Is that wrong?

- Derek totally scores extra brownie points for being an awesome BiL & helping with the food pics. Way to go, Derek!!!

- When you said Brett pealed your shrimp it hit me...weren't you nervous to eat in your gown??? Oh I'd totally require a bib just because I know my lucky. The greasiest thing I attempt to eat will the thing I wear. :eek:

- Special drinks & desserts! Score!!!! So I need to be showing up in a floor length white dress & carry a bouquet. Got it! :slurp:

- Oooohhh...what a fantastic surprise! And I totally love your FP idea! That's so creative! You didn't really say, tho...was everyone surprised??? Besides Kathy? :lol:

- I'm totally not a wedding crier: not at my wedding, my brother's wedding, my 2 brother-in-law's weddings, my parent's wedding :)lookaroun don't ask), etc. You whispering "thank you" to Brett during Illuminations totally turns on the water works. I do that, too. "Thank you, my Sweetness, for giving me the dreams I never dared to dream and for making them come true."

- Wedding day mirror shot! Best. Shot. Ever. Hands down!

- The bobby pin pl__________g. I didn't have to do that on my wedding day but picking the rice grains out of my hair was the pits. Oh! And I gotta share this: the funniest wedding night mishap I've ever heard was Tracey's sister, Stacey, and her drawstring slip. Somehow the string got tied in a knot. Her poor old man fought with that knot valiantly. He tried picking at it. He pulled at it. He even tried to chew it in half. Then he found some matches they had to light their romantic candles and burned the stinkin' string in half. Now THAT's desperation!!!! :lol:

Okay. I'm done. Come on cruise! I'm so ready to get all giddy & pumped because I know you're gonna totally rock the cruise reporting waaaay better than other cruise reports I've diligently studied. And I know you took pics for ME!!!!!! :sohappy:

popsicletrees

Honestly, I knew with 100% certainty that Brett and I neither one would smash the cake in the other ones face. You know all those pictures you see of kids with food all over their faces? And people are always commenting on how adorable it is? Well, I don’t care what other people say… it is so not cute. Like, not at all. :ROFLOL: Just thinking about pictures like that makes me shudder. Brett shares this pet peeve of mine so we were definitely on the same page with regards to feeding one another cake. Clean and simple, people, let’s keep it classy!

PREACH IT! I threatened Jordan if he dared do this. I knew he wouldn't if I just simply asked, but I made sure before our wedding that he knew good and well what would (or shall we say wouldn't) happen to him if he did.

I LOVE this shot! Disney couture all the way!

I know what you mean about getting all choked up during the moments with your dad. My mom is my best friend, but I am also an absolute daddy's girl. While my dad and I were tucked away in a corner before going down the aisle, I looked at him and said, "Don't you dare say anything nice to me." I knew that if he did I would be a slobbering, crying mess. The pictures of you with your dad brought me right back to that.

Holly, let me just say that I am so happy for you and Brett. Your wedding was b-e-a-utiful, and thank you to you both for sharing it with us. I loved all of your personal touches, especially the Illuminations fastpasses. I would love to do that some day after reading your report. You looked stunning. I loved your hair and dress so much! It fit you so perfectly. Again, congratulations, and I can't wait to read the rest!

BrittanyRose428

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! Congrats! Also, you've pretty much sold me on an escape wedding, not sure how my huge family would react to the fact that they wouldn't all be able to go, but I love how intimate your wedding day was. Looking forward to hearing about the cruise!
-Brittany

PartOfYourWorld

I have to agree with sweetpee, I love the mirror shot! Brett's expression had me laughing! He has his favorite things in the world: You and the champange and the flowers were just an added bonus :D haha

foreverbelle

That's it you totally sold me on renewing our vows...hmm I wonder if its to late..we are celebrating a late five year anniversary trip in July (its actually memorial day weekend)

But you sold me. on everything.

It is always so interesting to see the before and after shots. You can tell Brett is just so relaxed and you look radiant. What a great day.

And the Illumination cruise looks amazing. I must try one of these days.

I am so happily jealous right now.

And to know we were there I could have hunted you guys down darn it..lol

NewfieFan

"We go on..." :cry:

Oh, goodness... Illuminations gets me everytime and reading it in your trip report was just too much to handle! :cry:

(My hubby just said, "Are you reading that wedding TR again?" :lookaroun Why yes, yes I am! :D)

That's it, I'm getting a vow renewal at Disney! You sold me (you might want to contact Disney to see if you can get some commission off this - you are selling this Disney "gig" to a lot of the ladies on here!) I love the Yacht Club pictures... that's where I'll do my vow renewal! :animwink:

Your wedding pictures are freakin' amazing! Seriously, I am all shades of green with envy! You have a wedding monorail picture, ok that is a new level of wedding picture awesomeness! Oh, and the one of you by the tiki gods - stunning. You are beautiful!!!

"Oh honey, can you come here? I'd like to start planning our Disney vow renewal..." :lookaroun

Sarabell

I guess by now you´re sick of my comments cause I always end up expressing my feelings towards this report with the exact same words, so I´ll just go ahead and say YAAY!! you´re back!
Is it creepy to say that even though I don´t know you, you make my days happier? (yes, that sounds totally creepy :lookaroun) I mean with your posts

meganw1985

Omg Holly I was sooooo looking forward to the big surprise and I am not disappointed! I had to work late tonight, and I was reading it at work (shame shame). I totally choked up, I'm not gonna lie. I, too, love Illuminations, and I actually get choked up everytime I watch it. Just hearing the beginning drum beats gives me chills thinking about it right now...

I really really like the pictures as the evening goes on. I think better than to "official" ones. You guys look so relaxed and happy! You have one cutie pie husband I must say! Although I am pretty biased to his name since I have my own little Brett at home :lookaroun (p.s. did you know one of the chefs at Le Cellier is named Brett? Just a side note :lol: )

My favorite picture, though. might be the one of you "you've gotta be friggin kidding me" look at the Ohana podium. I lol-ed out loud! I can only imagine the wave of desperation that went through you guys! Like "really? You seriously can't be doing this on our wedding day!" haha.

I'm ready for MOOOOOOOORE!!!

Side story just for sharing: this past weekend was my bachelorette party. We stayed in downtown St. Louis, went to eat, out to the piano bar, and dance club. At approximately 2am, Steph and I were the only ones left standing, and were dancing our rears off at the dance club. And what song does the dj bust out? Not joking: the Circle of Life. Club mix. Apparently it has a club mix I was not aware of. They even played clips from the movie on the projector where they play the music video clips. I was so super stoked, yet surprised, and laughed and danced to it. Had to share. Knew people on here would be the only ones to appreciate it!!!

diddy_mouse

I know exactly what you mean about being starving but not wanting to eat. You brain is saying "EAT NOW" but your stomach is all like "You put anything in here and I'm gonna be angry." The same thing happened to me on my wedding. :lol:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the shots of you guys around the Poly -- pure magic. It's amazing how you change ever so slightly to "yourself" when you get a picture taken by a family member. And I totally mean that in a good way! One thing I must add is how impressed I am at well your bouquet and leis held up. With all the running around inside and outside everyones leis still looked fantastic!

*sigh* IllumiNations...
This show is always so amazing. The narration at the beginning really sets the tone and it just gets better from there. I can only imagine how stunning it must have looked from your vantage point. What a wonderful gift for your families

Ah yes, the bobby pins (and hairspray!). There sure is a sadness that comes along with taking the hair down, cleaning off the makeup, and getting into "normal" clothes. But I love that you two were reflecting on the day's events...so cute!

And finally, yes...Flying Fish is simply the best. Better than all the rest. :slurp:

PirateTink

Wowsa lady, your figure is KILLER! I know from your reports that you run, and your hard work shows!! ;) And I love those 2 "relaxed Brett" pics at the Beach Club too, you both look great!!! I was SOOO hoping you were gonna do the Illuminations cruise--that sounds like the most perfect way to end your intimate WDW wedding--sitting on a cushy boat, Florida breeze, fav nighttime show, a few drinks!! Awesome girl, just awesome. And thanks for sharing the required "mirror shot"!! You and Brett crack me up--move to Toronto and hang out with Steve and I! :ROFLOL:

djpoore94

Holly, your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! You were a beautiful bride and Brett a very dashing groom. It looked like a perfect day :sohappy:

DisGal

What a perfect ending to an absolute beautiful day! Love the pictures your mom took of you on the bridge. I also heart the bridge! (ahhh memories)

Great choice on the cruise! We also debated between a dessert party and the cruise (Wishes) and so gald we chose the cruise. After eating at 'Ohana there was no way more room could have been made for additional desserts and it would have been a waste.

Looking forward to the rest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom