A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

BYancey

Woohooo… congrats on the first post! You’re going to love this community. And an even bigger congrats on your upcoming wedding! Are you a Wedding Pavilion bride? I was totally a Disney wedding junkie leading up to the big day, as well. In fact, I still am to some degree. I did a pre-trip report, which is linked in the first post if you’re interested in some of the pre-wedding planning details. And Shelley (a member on this board, fashionista007) will be getting married in September… so be looking for her report, too! You can find her planning thread in the Weddings and Honeymoons subforum.

Have fun on the Dream… she’s a beauty. I’m glad you enjoyed my report!

Thank you so much!! I am a Wedding Pavilion bride. We'll be married there at 5:30 and then move to the Whitehall Room at the GF for our reception. What I'm REALLY looking forward to is seeing Wishes from the patio. I told them I really wanted fireworks at my reception (4 grand? ok. nevermind..) and they told me how to have them for free! Can't beat that! :sohappy:

We're leaving for our wedding planning session and to take our engagement photos in 29 days (but who's counting, right?) so I will definitely read through your pre-trip report before then! I may do one myself to get my Disney energy out :ROFLOL:

Heatherbell

I generally am a silent lurker when I read the trip report section however I could not help myself but to post a comment. Your report was amazing, not only because of the beautiful pictures (yours and Jason's) but because it was so beautifully written. I found myself blubbering in many spots. You were able to convey that "disney feeling" so appropriately in your report.

Congratulations to you and your new husband. Best wishes for a fabulous life together. I too was engaged in Disney and honeymooned there. My three year old has already visited three times. There is nothing better then seeing it through your child's eyes.

Thank you for all your hard work and devotion to write that trip report.

thewdwguru

Hey Holly, I am about to jump in the digital world of photography from film. I was just curious what dslr you use and the lenses you have? How do you like what you have? What would you change? Thanks!

usd2bmd

I'm not even sure where to start. It has taken me a little over a week to read the whole TR (I know, stupid job and household chores getting in the way). Here I sit on my couch tears streaming down my face. This TR has reminded me of so many things, my own wedding (17 years ago), my first trip to WDW (as an adult) with my husband and my daughter. I cry everytime we walk through the "tunnel" under the train station into the Magic Kingdom. I cry so many times while we are ther my husband sometimes ask why we go if it makes me so sad...(sometimes he's funny, sometimes not) Your wedding was beautiful, You and Brett made a stunning couple. I had to show my daughter the pictures and now she thinks she will want her wedding at WDW as well. (thankfully I have 10 years or so before I have to worry about it) We have also cruised on the Carnival Liberty. We are actually leaving this weekend for another cruise on the Liberty, this time we are taking our daughter with us. Funny becuase I started reading the TR because we didn't have a trip to WDW planned this year and this is the time of year that we normally go. All it did was cement the fact that I wanted to go back so desperately and we are now planning another trip back to MY Happiest Place on Earth. Thank you for sharing your perfect day (days) with us...:sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thank you so much!! I am a Wedding Pavilion bride. We'll be married there at 5:30 and then move to the Whitehall Room at the GF for our reception. What I'm REALLY looking forward to is seeing Wishes from the patio. I told them I really wanted fireworks at my reception (4 grand? ok. nevermind..) and they told me how to have them for free! Can't beat that!

We're leaving for our wedding planning session and to take our engagement photos in 29 days (but who's counting, right?) so I will definitely read through your pre-trip report before then! I may do one myself to get my Disney energy out

Yeah... there was no doubt that we wanted to incorporate fireworks into our day. Who wouldn't want fireworks for their wedding?!?! And viewing them from the Grand Floridian, with your wedding guests, will be absolutely magical.

I generally am a silent lurker when I read the trip report section however I could not help myself but to post a comment. Your report was amazing, not only because of the beautiful pictures (yours and Jason's) but because it was so beautifully written. I found myself blubbering in many spots. You were able to convey that "disney feeling" so appropriately in your report.

Congratulations to you and your new husband. Best wishes for a fabulous life together. I too was engaged in Disney and honeymooned there. My three year old has already visited three times. There is nothing better then seeing it through your child's eyes.

Thank you for all your hard work and devotion to write that trip report.

Aww, Heatherbell, thank you so much. And I appreciate you coming out of lurkdom to post. I think it's great that your three year old has already been to Disney so many times - gotta start 'em young. That's going to be our plan, as well.

Hey Holly, I am about to jump in the digital world of photography from film. I was just curious what dslr you use and the lenses you have? How do you like what you have? What would you change? Thanks!

Hi, wdwguru! I use a Canon Rebel XSi. I love the Canon line, but I'm starting to feel limited by my specific camera (there's really nothing wrong with it, I'm just outgrowing it). It has a max ISO setting of 1600, and I would recommend anyone buying a DSLR to purchase one that has a minimum of ISO 3200. That being said, my biggest recommendation is to search online until you find a couple of models that you like the specs on and then go into a store and actual handle the cameras, see which one feels best in your hands. Then go purchase it online. :D

I'm not even sure where to start. It has taken me a little over a week to read the whole TR (I know, stupid job and household chores getting in the way). Here I sit on my couch tears streaming down my face. This TR has reminded me of so many things, my own wedding (17 years ago), my first trip to WDW (as an adult) with my husband and my daughter. I cry everytime we walk through the "tunnel" under the train station into the Magic Kingdom. I cry so many times while we are ther my husband sometimes ask why we go if it makes me so sad...(sometimes he's funny, sometimes not) Your wedding was beautiful, You and Brett made a stunning couple. I had to show my daughter the pictures and now she thinks she will want her wedding at WDW as well. (thankfully I have 10 years or so before I have to worry about it) We have also cruised on the Carnival Liberty. We are actually leaving this weekend for another cruise on the Liberty, this time we are taking our daughter with us. Funny becuase I started reading the TR because we didn't have a trip to WDW planned this year and this is the time of year that we normally go. All it did was cement the fact that I wanted to go back so desperately and we are now planning another trip back to MY Happiest Place on Earth. Thank you for sharing your perfect day (days) with us...:sohappy:

Thank you so much for all your kind words. I'm really happy to hear that my report took you back to so many of your own memories. And tell your daughter... there's nothing better than a Disney wedding. :sohappy: Oh yeah, seeing as how late my reply is, I hope you had a fabulous cruise on the Liberty. She'll always hold a special place with me, as that was our first cruise!

lbrad

“Holly and Brett as you prepare to pledge your vows to each other, let me remind you that no other vows are more sacred, no other words are more tender than those you are about to assume. May these vows only be broken by death, and may you both live a very long and happy life together."

"As a symbol of your union, will you now join hands and look into the eyes of the one you love and repeat after me.”

“I, Brett, take you, Holly, to be my wedded wife
To have and to hold, from this day forward
For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer
In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish
As long as we both shall live, this is my promise to you.”

03HPBHW-196.jpg

03HPBHW-192_edit.jpg

“I, Holly, take you, Brett, to be my wedded husband
To have and to hold, from this day forward
For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer
In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish
As long as we both shall live, this is my promise to you.”

03HPBHW-199.jpg

03HPBHW-192.jpg

I adore this picture… mostly because it’s the only shot that shows how truly intimate our ceremony really was. And it showcases the beauty and grandness of Sunset Pointe so well.

WOW!!!! You have the perfect backdrop ... so beautiful ...just like you ;)

Just found your TR tonight ... I have been reading (& crying/sentimental tears) for hours ... you look AMAZING!!!!

CHERISH the MEMORIES ...

can't wait to read more ... CONGRATULATIONS to both of you :wave:
P.S. I am up to page 27!!!!! WHEW I gotta lot of reading ;)

lbrad

Well you are forgiven... Congratulations on the new job and move :wave:... How exciting for you both !!! Now that youre are celebrities we'll let it slide....:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Hmmm ... you know that saying ... "New house new baby" :D

tink65

Hey Holly,

I've got to tell you.....I ran the Wine & Dine 1/2 and had to tell you this. I was in line at the first character stop (Flora, Fauna, & Merriwether) patiently (maybe impatiently) waiting my turn....I happened to look at the person behind me, looked away, looked back & said "Are you Brett?" To which this gentleman stated "yes"! I thought how funny...I traveled over 640 miles for my annual vacation and my very first Disney 1/2 marathon (or any 1/2 marathon for that matter) & met an internet celebrity while waiting in line to have a character picture! How funny!! Anyway....hope you guys enjoyed the race as much as I did!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
WOW!!!! You have the perfect backdrop ... so beautiful ...just like you

Just found your TR tonight ... I have been reading (& crying/sentimental tears) for hours ... you look AMAZING!!!!

CHERISH the MEMORIES ...

can't wait to read more ... CONGRATULATIONS to both of you :wave:
P.S. I am up to page 27!!!!! WHEW I gotta lot of reading

Thank you so much! We really couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day - the weather really showcased the beauty of Sunset Pointe. And you are too kind!

Our of curiosity, how long did this monster take to read when not broken up into lots of chunks, separates by weeks and days? :lol:

Hmmm ... you know that saying ... "New house new baby" :D

:lookaroun :eek: :ROFLOL:

Hey Holly,

I've got to tell you.....I ran the Wine & Dine 1/2 and had to tell you this. I was in line at the first character stop (Flora, Fauna, & Merriwether) patiently (maybe impatiently) waiting my turn....I happened to look at the person behind me, looked away, looked back & said "Are you Brett?" To which this gentleman stated "yes"! I thought how funny...I traveled over 640 miles for my annual vacation and my very first Disney 1/2 marathon (or any 1/2 marathon for that matter) & met an internet celebrity while waiting in line to have a character picture! How funny!! Anyway....hope you guys enjoyed the race as much as I did!

Oh my gosh... Tena, I've totally been trying to figure out who Brett met. He shared the exact same story with me when we reconvened at the finish line, and I kept being like "Tina? Are you sure? I don't think I know a Tina?!" :lol: Congrats on finishing your first half! :sohappy: Isn't it the most exhilarating feeling, ever?!

lbrad

Our of curiosity, how long did this monster take to read when not broken up into lots of chunks, separates by weeks and days?

It has probably taken me about 10 -12 hours (over 2 weeks) ... And I have read EVERY DETAIL!!! Always looked forward to reading more - time flies when you are having fun :)
You are "mighty with the sword" ...

Love everything ... you make a beautiful couple!

Your video is Fabulous <3

Wish I would have found & read your TR sooner. DH & I were in WDW Sept. 29th - Oct 3rd!!! Would have loved to meet you & Brett (Although I feel like I already have).
I was planning to do W&D 1/2 (inspired by one of your previous TR's) but injured my knee :( Was so jealous when I saw people with their medals ... won't lie ...shed a few tears ... I plan to keep trying! Maybe do the "Relay" with my DD ;)

I wish you & Brett all the happiness your hearts can hold & more.

Thank you for sharing you wedding & Disneymoon with all of us & for making us all smile. CONGRATS!!!

lbrad

thank you so much! We really couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day - the weather really showcased the beauty of sunset pointe. And you are too kind!

Our of curiosity, how long did this monster take to read when not broken up into lots of chunks, separates by weeks and days? :lol:

:lookaroun :eek: :roflol:

Oh my gosh... Tena, i've totally been trying to figure out who brett met. He shared the exact same story with me when we reconvened at the finish line, and i kept being like "tina? Are you sure? I don't think i know a tina?!" :lol: Congrats on finishing your first half! :sohappy: Isn't it the most exhilarating feeling, ever?!

the burning question is how many of us were singing along to 'hawaiian rollercoaster ride"?

((((raises hand))))

and i know i wasn't the only one! :lol:

me !!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Our of curiosity, how long did this monster take to read when not broken up into lots of chunks, separates by weeks and days?

It has probably taken me about 10 -12 hours (over 2 weeks) ... And I have read EVERY DETAIL!!! Always looked forward to reading more - time flies when you are having fun :)
You are "mighty with the sword" ...

:eek: I'm still not sure if I want to know how much time went into writing it. And thank you!

Love everything ... you make a beautiful couple!

Your video is Fabulous <3

Wish I would have found & read your TR sooner. DH & I were in WDW Sept. 29th - Oct 3rd!!! Would have loved to meet you & Brett (Although I feel like I already have).
I was planning to do W&D 1/2 (inspired by one of your previous TR's) but injured my knee :( Was so jealous when I saw people with their medals ... won't lie ...shed a few tears ... I plan to keep trying! Maybe do the "Relay" with my DD ;)

I wish you & Brett all the happiness your hearts can hold & more.

Thank you for sharing you wedding & Disneymoon with all of us & for making us all smile. CONGRATS!!!

Thank you so much lbrad, for all of your kindness! It's too bad we didn't run into each other in October. And it's also too bad you weren't able to run the Wine and Dine. But you can still totally do it! And Disney has lots of great halfs to choose from.

Absolutely loved your trip report! Best of luck to you and Brett :sohappy:

Thanks so much, emcclay!

Aurora79

Hi Holly, I know I'm a little late to the game here but I just finished your trip report and it was wonderful...I'm so happy for you! Congratulations and thank you for helping me get my Disney fix vicariously. :) -A

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Hi Holly, I know I'm a little late to the game here but I just finished your trip report and it was wonderful...I'm so happy for you! Congratulations and thank you for helping me get my Disney fix vicariously. :) -A

Thanks so much, Aurora! We certainly had our dream wedding.

corey154

I'm just finally catching up! (work been busy for months...gotta love the holidays) What a wonderful trip report, there's so much to say, but I can't remember everything so I'll keep it short...love the pics you took, totally made us feel like we were there with you, you guys look great....CONGRATS! And as always, thanks for sharing with us, i know how much work these things take...so when i see long TR's, I really do appreciate that you took the time to share this part of your lives with us!

(And I wish you could have seen us out there with the sign...oh well..next time!)

Tinkerrific2

Hi Holly,

I am new to this site and this was the first Trip Report I read! What a truly magical experience you have shared with us!

If I remember correctly, you wrote about your collection of Disney plush and your display! Would you post a picture on here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom