A Camera Bag to Survive SM & KRR

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
I think it's safe to say many of us [here] bring a good bit of kit into the parks to indulge in our photography habit. I know I certainly do. The trick is to find a bag that's just big enough to carry a reasonable kit and still be comfortable after eight or more hours, be able to fit between your legs on rides like SM - and the kicker, be able to survive the potential soakings on SM and KRR.

I've used half a dozen different bags in the parks, but I think I've found that perfect bag. And here's a full, in-depth review of it:

Wotancraft Atelier Avenger (City Explorer 005) Review

It easily carries a mirrorless, rangefinder or DSLR body with three lenses and all the doo-dads, yet it's small enough to take on every ride. The killer feature is the waterproof inner bag that would even let you enjoy BB or TL with it strapped on. :D

CAPTAIN HOOK

The killer feature is the waterproof inner bag that would even let you enjoy BB or TL with it strapped on. :D
Or just take the disposable polythene carrier bag which you get at any supermarket to take your groceries home in and wrap your camera equipment in that and place it in your camera bag :banghead:

thomas998

Or just take the disposable polythene carrier bag which you get at any supermarket to take your groceries home in and wrap your camera equipment in that and place it in your camera bag :banghead:

Frankly I prefer to wear cargo pants with lots of pockets so I can put a few accessories or lenses in them, maybe a small pack, a camera on a good well padded neck strap and that is it... taking any bag that is going to be swinging around my arm isn't ever going to be comfortable by the end of the day... As for wet rides, a poncho works wonders because I don't like getting soaked regardless of how hot it might be walking around in wet clothes is not comfortable.

Gig 'Em Mickey

I don't do wet rides. I have a north face back pack that will have some stuff in it. But I have my camera on a black rapid strap and plan on keeping one spare lens in a pocket as I typically wear cargo shorts. If I wear jeans I have a foam pocket my dark ride lens can go in. My tripod will either be in the backpack or bottom of our stroller. Strollers are a PITA but really convenient for hauling extra gear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom