A Better You Thanks To WDW

momprincess

I always feel better after a trip to the world and in between trips I listen to childrens Disney radio on Pandora almost every day as therapy.

DManRightHere

I generally feel happier as well as lose about 20 pounds per trip so I always look forward to that :) Although I have read about people putting on weight at WDW but I don't know how that is possible given the heat, all the walking, the sweating.. :eek:

We gain weight :/ we're pretty fit walkers and are pretty darn active, try to watch our diet at home. At Disney we eat what we want and much more servings so it gets to us lol.

sophie_the_pooh

I am somewhat of an anxious person, but all the stress seems to go away while at WDW! I'm more relaxed, happier, my husband even tells me I become more like the "real me" whenever I am at WDW!!! I try to bring a little of that back home afterwards...

I also feel the trip planning is helpful. I have a stressful job (I work with mental health patients, in a public center with high performance standards), but coming to this site, reading the posts, visiting WDW website and making lists for my next trip during my lunch hour helps me get through the work day.

belledream

Our trips are just a week or so of pure happiness and hakuna matata. I love being disconnected from the outside world. No Facebook, no Twitter, no texting friends. I leave my phone in the locker in our resort room, and don't touch it the whole trip!

Disney Shib

I have NEVER been a runner. I've played softball and volleyball for years but when it comes to running I just could never get into it. In the last 6 months i've been training to run my first 10K at WDW during the Princess 1/2 marathon weekend. I've ran 2 5K's since decided to run Disney and I cannot wait for February. I find myself now feeling gross if I dont go for a run after work. In the process i've managed to loose a bit of weight too.

FettFan

Disney helps me let go of my anger.
walley-world.jpg

Sassagoula-Rvr

Well...I have resolved myself to get back to my "fighting weight" before the trip next year...(let's be honest though...I won't scale in AFTER the trip...trips are hard on a diet...because...I don't think about what I eat down there at all...)

But...it's not uncommon to get back to the resort and check the fitbit/Jawbone and it will say between 10-12 miles.

If I walked that much at home in a day...I would be feeling it...but there...doesn't seem to bother me!

prfctlyximprct

The whole atmosphere in disney world just puts me in better spirits. From their customer service, to the fairy tale dreams, disney just offers something you cannot find anywhere else in the world. The parks just do something to people.

I am more apt to talk to strangers (my mom would be so ashamed! Lol) because I know everyone is there for a common theme, a common love. Everyone is in their happy place, a place of childhood and dreams. To me, it has always seemed like a disney bubble, where you can escape the everyday realities.

I like to think disney lovers are nicer people.. :)

MrDee

During extended visits to The World, I like to stay up late back at the hotel and re-read my favorite book--Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury. In essence, it perfectly captures the idea of remaining forever young, regardless of the realities of life.

Scott10

Not that I think that I am a bad father, but for me, our Disney vacation is a reminder of how important and special family is and how important being a great father/husband is. It is a time where our family is focused solely on each other. We always laugh because even during the little time when the tv in our resort room is on, it is on Disney Must-do's or something Disney for our kids to take in. In essence, our trip tends to make us all a little better because we realize how blessed we are to have the opportunities that we have and the people in our lives that truly care about each other.

fmingo36

I started running 5 years ago so I could run a 1/2 marathon at Disney for my 40th birthday. I turned 40 and the next day ran the Princess 1/2 marathon. Since then I have run an additional five 1/2 marathons and also completed the Disneyworld full marathon--my proudest achievement ever. I am currently training for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon in November. Every trip to Disney now revolves around a race.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom