A Better You Thanks To WDW

mpeters

Original Poster
Thought I had today. Have you ever used your vacation to WDW to somehow improve yourself? For example:

I am a smoker. Up until this point I loved smoking. I know all the health risks associated with it but I just kept on doing it. The only time I really don't smoke is on our annual trip to WDW. I feel during the day down there, it takes to much time away from fun stuff to stop and find a smoking spot. I am also a strong believer of smoking in the designated spots and would never walk around like some people do. No one should be subjected to 2nd hand smoke. My children do not even know I smoke.

So back on topic, I am planning on using this upcoming vacation to basically help kick this habit. I am wondering if anyone else used their vacation at wdw to improve themselves (physically and/or mentally).

DisneyDebNJ

Thought I had today. Have you ever used your vacation to WDW to somehow improve yourself? For example:

I am a smoker. Up until this point I loved smoking. I know all the health risks associated with it but I just kept on doing it. The only time I really don't smoke is on our annual trip to WDW. I feel during the day down there, it takes to much time away from fun stuff to stop and find a smoking spot. I am also a strong believer of smoking in the designated spots and would never walk around like some people do. No one should be subjected to 2nd hand smoke. My children do not even know I smoke.

So back on topic, I am planning on using this upcoming vacation to basically help kick this habit. I am wondering if anyone else used their vacation at wdw to improve themselves (physically and/or mentally).
Both myself and my husband belong to the same club. Yes, we are smokers and smoke VERY little while we're at Disney. I dont smoke in MK at all, smoking areas or not. Funny thing is, I don't miss it! The one time I do smoke is when we first wake up. I head down to the smoking area of our resort and give in to my horrible addiction. I did quit years ago for 10 years, but started back up while going thru a divorce. My now husband, is a smoker, and like an idiot I picked the habit back up. Here's to healthier days and us all quitting for good!

AndyS2992

I generally feel happier as well as lose about 20 pounds per trip so I always look forward to that :) Although I have read about people putting on weight at WDW but I don't know how that is possible given the heat, all the walking, the sweating.. :eek:

Cmdr_Crimson

I say that disney is cheaper then a therapist! ;)
But, the Bill still hits you hard...
worried_about_a_bill.png

JIMINYCR

I used to decide to lose some extra pounds and start a walking routine to prepare for the long Disney days and decadent food and deserts I knew would be coming my way. Now I am keeping better daily track record of my weight and exercising more so I dont have to do the work prior to a trip. Then theres also a more conscious effort to put money aside and save for the next Disney trip. Sometimes I stop and think... Hey !!! if I spend my money on this crazy thing theres going to be less for a Disney extra. So do I really need to buy this?? So I've become a wiser spender and more vigilant saver. And Disney dining has gotten me to be more particular about the menu choices I'll make. With those costs I really want to order something worthwhile.

HRHPrincessAriel

I guess if last year and this year are any indication on the future, I'm using the RunDisney event I sign up for as a motivating factor to get out and run. I probably could do the same with a local event, and next year that might end up being the case, but for 2013 and 2014 they are pretty fun goals to set.
I'm ONLY running cause it's WDW. I even told DH the other day I may only ever run in Disney races.

DisneyPrincess5

Disney gives us a healthy escape from reality (work, bills, monotonous routines) and let's us be relaxed and carefree. We don't even bring our phones to the parks that's how disconnected we want to be. We eat well and exercise anyway, but we especially pump it up for our trips to be in shape and have stamina. Disney has a light at the end of some dark tunnels we've been down and it gives us something to plan for and look forward to.

BigTxEars

I feel like a failure if I don't add 5 lbs after a week as Disney. I really don't have a weight issue (5'10" 185lbs) but I pack it on at Disney.

Other than what was mentioned above (no cell phone, no real world) I guess I don't do much good for myself at Disney, but it sure feels good.

disney4life2008

This past holiday season- everything was going absolutely wrong. Everyone said - talk to a psychiatrist and work it out. At $100+ a hour I thought to myself - what a waste. I booked a trip for January and had a wonderful time. I did not spend a lot of time in the parks but more time in the resort just relaxing and working on my dissertation. It was the best vacation I ever had. And I came back to campus and defended my prelim and passed :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom