7DMT: E Ticket??

What "ticket" will 7DMT be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I bow to my error that the Major attraction thing. was your view also............however there are others with that view.

As to the story, they are telling *part* of the SW story though the eyes of the dwarfs. the short scene of the house and the witch ties it into the larger story, However its is not the whole story.

I have agreed before, that if this attraction has a draw back, it is that it is somewhat short.

As to *little things*, in that para was I was referring the Disney in general.

AKK

I just don't see how it's through the eyes of the dwarfs. The mine scene is pretty much right out of the movie and the cottage scene is more from the witches perspective...and again, from the movie. When the imagineers say "through the eyes of the dwarfs", it's just spin, imo

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

"'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.'"
~Through the Looking Glass

Disneyhead'71

I believe that Tonka's Skipper is confusing the term "E Ticket" with another archaic Disney term that modern WDW fans are relatively unfamiliar with and that is "Disney Quality". WDW fans haven't seen this kind of quality themeing since 1992. They have been conditioned to think Primeval Whirl is "Disney Quality" so even when something as banal as TSMM is built, it gets elevated to "classic" status immediately. Maybe if TDO would build an actual "Disney Quality" attraction more than once every quarter century, WDW fans would have a better perspective.

Radiator Springs Racer - E Ticket
7DMT- Not so much

Tonka's Skipper

I believe that Tonka's Skipper is confusing the term "E Ticket" with another archaic Disney term that modern WDW fans are relatively unfamiliar with and that is "Disney Quality". WDW fans haven't seen this kind of quality themeing since 1992. They have been conditioned to think Primeval Whirl is "Disney Quality" so even when something as banal as TSMM is built, it gets elevated to "classic" status immediately. Maybe if TDO would build an actual "Disney Quality" attraction more than once every quarter century, WDW fans would have a better perspective.

Radiator Springs Racer - E Ticket
7DMT- Not so much

Please I don't need your comments about what I think or know. I have explained repeatedly why it is a E ticket and if you choose to disagree your welcome too.

Seems there is this continued issue with some Uni fans that have a problem with Disney doing anything of high quality, they have to knock it down to support Uni parks efforts, both the good and the not so good.

I really never did understand this, they are 2 different sets of parks, looking as mostly different markets. WDW really more all of the market, but mostly all families and children. Uni a mostly thrill based system of attractions looking to teens families.

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

How is a restaurant an E ticket? I think BoG is one of the best things in FLE in terms of theme and detail though. Not arguing it's charm and beauty at all.​

I say the following with the utmost respect and a touch of humor from one Disney fan to another; your overwhelming desire to label the coaster an E ticket has led me to believe that you are either, A: the hardest of hard core pixie dusters or B: getting paid by Disney to spread love for it at all costs. Either way I respect your love for it and the brand.

I figure you would get to throwing cheap shots sooner or later.

As to BOG, I was referring to the theming.

AKK

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Where is it Marni? This thread?
Hold on....

Found it

image-jpg.52571

Original vs built.

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

Hold on....

Found it

image-jpg.52571

Original vs built.
They did indeed change it, I bow to your point.

Yet I still love what they ended up with .and yes I still think of it as a E ticket.

Gee Marni, we really do have to get rid of Iger and his bean counters. The other good point here is that doing 7dmt as well as they did, we will expect them to continue with this level of quality again. The mermaid level will no longer be accepted.

AKK

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I figure you would get to throwing cheap shots sooner or later.

As to BOG, I was referring to the theming.

AKK

I was honestly joking, bad translation of humor. I dont think you are either of those things. I have nothing but admiration for your love of 7DMT and FLE.

IWant2GoNow

This may have been answered before but I couldn't find it searching. Were the water features taken out from 7DMT or have I just not watched a video of them running yet? Thanks in advance!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This may have been answered before but I couldn't find it searching. Were the water features taken out from 7DMT or have I just not watched a video of them running yet? Thanks in advance!

There was definitely a waterfall running during construction. Most of the videos are aiming the direction of the track so you can't see the waterfall which is beside the track.

Tonka's Skipper

I was honestly joking, bad translation of humor. I dont think you are either of those things. I have nothing but admiration for your love of 7DMT and FLE.
(00,

I apologized if I mis understood your comments...no problem,

I am not a big fan of all of FNL, I do believe in the E ticket value of 7DMT. I think most of NFL was mis designed from the very beginning. Mermaid if any attraction was *value* engineered,that was it. The double Dumbo was a great idea, as its a low capacity attraction and needed the extra capacity. This Disney treasure and classic is still, after 50 + years at DL and WDW, is loved by millions and I hate the comments putting it down as dated or old or whatever. I cannot help but wonder if any other parks will have rides as loved and popular after that many years. Disney has a lot of them.

If you read most of my posts you would see I think Iger is a major problem, along with his budget cutting bean counters. He had no idea what Disney was about and the magic of the company. He's bottom line guy interested only in the next quarter and that is what has led to the problems Disney has. Yes they are making good profits, but he doesn't see he's hurting the magic of the company. He hurting the name of Disney as quality and family and magic, something that if loss will be very hard to get back.

There is nothing wrong with making money, but he's killing the golden goose as they say.

What do I believe in???......Walt and Roy, two people that came together to build joy and wonder for millions of people. Walt tried his best to teach us all that in children there is a little adult and in adults, there is a lot of childhood. Every time I saw the joy, wonder, fantasy and love in my kids faces and the faces of lots of other kids when they saw and met a Disney character or rode attractions or had a little pixie dust from a CM or even just a friendly guest, I thanked Uncle Walt and Roy. I am sorry and others will disagree, but I never see that same joy and love in other parks.

Before someone says it, of course they both wanted to make money and in the end they did, but more important they gave millions of families and people, millions of memories and joy.

I get tired of some cheap comments being made by some, putting down anything WDW. I honestly believe some have this idea that to protect Uni, they need to put down or degrade anything Disney. I don''t put UNI down, I think they did a great job on HP. However we don't care for much of the rest.

I am hoping that the 7DMT is a turn around, and things will change. I like the many new attractions and shows and things being added. WDW is so much more then just the next E ticket/thrill ride. It will take time, but it can happen.

Any way I respect yours and others opinion that 7dmt is a D ticket, but in the end it will not matter, it will be a immensely popular favorite attraction, a Disney family classic, loved by millions of guests.

Anyway, let me get off my soap box.

Best Regards.................AKK

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom