7DMT Animatronics

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's quite funny whe you take a step back from this thread and think about it for a minute. I've delayed an 'early to bed night' as I explained to my wife "I'm engrossed in a thread where grown ups are fighting about the seven dwarfs appearance on a childrens roller coaster". She looked at me first kind of disappointed and then secondly kind of bewildered before disappearing, leaving me here chuckling to myself at the absurdity of it all :)

Everyone has that thing that they are obsessed with. Recently I was reading a forum that is dedicated to highways. There was a several page debate about the point at which a specific highway changes from one route number to another and what the most appropriate signage for that are would be. Note that these are not people in the road construction business just fans of roads.

lazyboy97o

Everyone has that thing that they are obsessed with. Recently I was reading a forum that is dedicated to highways. There was a several page debate about the point at which a specific highway changes from one route number to another and what the most appropriate signage for that are would be. Note that these are not people in the road construction business just fans of roads.
And while it is something that goes unnoticed by the vast majority of drivers such a matter is important to how highways operate.

mergatroid

Would somebody please assure me that if I ever resort to doing this that they'll come round to my house and quickly and painlessly end it all for me :rolleyes:

RSoxNo1

Fact is, we here are the 1%. Everyone else visiting does not see or notice any issues. There is not a group of people outside Expedition Everest complaining about the Yeti. (hence why we get so mad, we KNOW what it supposed to be like).

People go, have a great time (or not, we've all heard or had the bad times), go home, look at the pictures, and come back in a few years.
You're right, most people don't notice that it's broken. However, those same people are very likely to appreciate the attraction more if it wasn't broken. That cannot be dismissed.

Uncle Lupe

B mode........ Slap on the masks.

7_DWARFS.jpg

Thessair

New video of the Dwarfs in action.

I don't know if it's the glow from the projection faces or the frame rate, but something is off on those. They just look a little weird. Maybe they'll look better in person, but they don't seem to be that huge a step over Buzz to me. Granted, the integration with expanded motion is a huge step up, sure. But the faces themselves don't seem to be a massive improvement. As I said, though, maybe I will be far more impressed seeing them in the wild as opposed to a video.

Weather_Lady

I think they look charming -- like the film brought to life, just as intended. The "lighted from within" aspect of them is off-putting to some, I think, because it looks odd under regular lighting conditions, but it will be perfect to make the characters stand out in sharp, full-color relief when they're in the darkened mine (just as they appeared in the film).

For those who can only find fault with the figures, I am reminded of this exchange, and assume that whatever the Imagineers came up with, they'd be agin' it:
Grumpy: Angel, ha! She's a female! And all females is poison! They're full of wicked wiles!
Bashful: What are wicked wiles?
Grumpy: I don't know, but I'm agin' 'em.

Thessair

I think they look charming -- like the film brought to life, just as intended. The "lighted from within" aspect of them is off-putting to some, I think, because it looks odd under regular lighting conditions, but it will be perfect to make the characters stand out in sharp, full-color relief when they're in the darkened mine (just as they appeared in the film).

For those who can only find fault with the figures, I am reminded of this exchange, and assume that whatever the Imagineers came up with, they'd be agin' it:
Grumpy: Angel, ha! She's a female! And all females is poison! They're full of wicked wiles!
Bashful: What are wicked wiles?
Grumpy: I don't know, but I'm agin' 'em.

So anyone who doesn't fall over themselves singing the praises of these figures is against everything the Imagineers do? Gotcha.

Weather_Lady

So anyone who doesn't fall over themselves singing the praises of these figures is against everything the Imagineers do? Gotcha.

No. No one need fall all over themselves to praise something they haven't even seen in action yet. All I was insinuating was that "wholesale nay-sayers" come off as Grumpy... a point that is now better emphasized thanks to your participation. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom