Pre-Trip 7 days at Pop Century is almost here! 3/26-4/2

Finally! So grateful to be writing this pre-trip report! I wasn't sure if I'd write one, or an actual trip report, but I'll do my best here!

For this trip it will be myself, a 34 year old single father, and my soon to be 13 year old daughter, Angelina who is also a member of these forums. We're both very excited. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is Splah Mountain. The ride was being refurbished during our trips in February of 2009 and March of 2013 last year. My daughter has never been on it, and I haven't been on it since 1992. I honestly booked this trip around when the ride would re-open this season. I wasn't going to have us miss it again.

We'll be staying at the Pop Century Resort, which is where we have stayed out past two previous trips. While our plan was to upgrade to a Mod this time, it just didn't work out. POR didn't just have a standard room, and Coronado Springs only had one with one King bed. French Quarter also didn't have a standard room...so I'm wondering just how crowded it's going to be down there. I would have thought that I missed a good chunk of spring breakers. At any rate, we decided on Pop because AoA only had suites available, and we're familiar with Pop and we like it. Their food court has a lot to offer, the bus transportation has always been great and we can walk to AoA at any time if we choose.

We will be there for 7 days, with 7 day park passes, with waterpark/fun/more options. We'd like to go to Typhoon Lagoon, since we've been to Blizzard Beach once. And we've never been to Disney Quest, so that's on our radar as well. We have the DDP, the quick service plan. My daughter and I won't do more than 2 sit down table meals in a week there, so this is the better option for us.

We'll depart from Baltimore at 6:15am and arrive at MCO at 8:20 in the morning, so I'd expect that we're on the Magical Express and at Pop Century by around 10 am. This will give us a full day and we can have a full breakfast after we check in. My daughter usually likes to spend the mornings swimming, so it's rare we get to a park before 12pm. But our first day tradition is always to head to the Magic Kingdom. And while Tomorrow Land is usually our first stop, I think we're going straight for Splash this year. :) And then maybe a Dole Whip.

As for the other days, we usually don't plan those out in advance. Since we like to do a waterpark, we try to look at the forecast and do that on the warmest day of our trip, so everyday is usually pretty flexible for us. We'll use the extended magic hours as a guide as well.

I'm interested to see how the MagicBands and Fast Pass + work out for us. My daughter tried on a MagicBand at the travel agency yesterday, so she was able to alleviate any fear that it might not fit her.

One thing I'm not sure about, and may not even have enough time to do, would be to venture outside of the bubble for a day and go to Sea World. Has anyone ever done this while staying in the bubble, without transportation? I'm assuming we'd need to take a taxi there?

Anyway, less than 48 hours until we enter the bubble of Disney. And I can't wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom