$6 Billion to Fix WDW

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
If you could fix WDW with $6 billion, what would you do?

Here's mine (decided $1.5 billion for each park)

Magic Kingdom ($1.5 billion)

General

1. Spruce up the park - $10 million
Main Street ($15 million) - $25 million
  1. Give Tinkerbell's M&G to Minnie Mouse - $1 million
  2. Conceal the backstage area between Tomorrowland Terrace and Main Street - $5 million
  3. Give the whole street a facelift - $9 million
Adventureland ($425 million) - $450 million
  1. Reroute Jungle Cruise and give it a nice refurb to make room for massive Adventureland expansion. A new nighttime cruise should open as well - $55 million
  2. Give POTC some TLC, also rework to allow guest paths to reach new expansion - $20 million
  3. Move Magic Carpets of Aladdin to new Agrabah mini-land in expansion - $5 million
  4. Vulcania added with E-ticket Fire Mountain suspended/floorless dark ride-coaster hybrid with a state of the art lava monster AA - 51" - $150 million
  5. Sultan's Palace restaurant - $25 million
  6. Cave of Wonders Soarin' meets Peter Pan-style E ticket - $195 million (imagine moving on a Magic Carpet over the sets below via KUKA arms and a suspended hang glider - AAs and screens seamless combined for one grand adventure) - 40"
Frontierland ($250 million) - $700 million
  1. Splash Mountain gets a massive refurbishment - $40 million
  2. Big Thunder gets the enhancements DL got - $30 million
  3. Berm is reworked to allow for Western River Expedition (family-friendly indoor river raft ride that tells the story of the west along a river, including Cowboys, Indians, shootouts, geysers, and much more) - $180 million - no height requirement
Fantasyland ($295 million) - $995 million
  1. It's a Small World exterior - $10 million
  2. Fantasyland dark ride refurbs - $50 million
  3. Close Princess Fairytale Hall and have M&Gs in castle - $5 million
  4. Relocate Frozen M&G to Arendale mini-land - $10 million
  5. Mary Poppins dark ride where Snow White used to be - $70 million
  6. Frozen trackless dark ride behind B&TB - $150 million
Tomorrowland ($505 million) - $1.5 billion
  1. Space Mountain gets a new track, on-board audio/music - $40 million
  2. Carousel of Progress refurbishment - $25 million
  3. Stitch closes for a new UFO Encounter (includes new distinct facade) - 48" - $50 million
  4. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor replaced with WALL-E show - $30 million
  5. Buzz gets a nice refurb - $40 million
  6. Wreck-it Ralph E-ticket in place of Speedway and some backstage space (Sugar Rush - 34" for Fantasyland, and Hero's Duty - 42" for Tomorrowland) - $200 million
  7. Huge family Martian dark ride outside berm - $160 million
  8. Flying Saucers flat ride outside berm - $25 million

EPCOT, DHS and AK come later

Tom

Beta Return
Very impressive. I think some of the big ticket items are still under-estimated. The e-ticket rides you mentioned would probably come in closer to the $250M price tag, each. It's hard to stand up a new ride for less than a quarter billion these days.

Regardless, $1.5B could do some serious good at the MK. If it were me, I'd focus more on the other three parks and less on the MK. Relatively speaking, the MK is running on all cylinders, while the other parks are backfiring quite a bit.

I'm anxious to see the rest of your write up!

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
Yeah, the Magic Kingdom is fairly well off (E tickets for Adventureland and Frontierland, a trackless dark ride for Fantasyland, and a Tomorrowland redo are all that's essential - the rest is just extra)

So maybe $1 billion for MK, with EPCOT and AK getting $1.75 billion, and DHS getting $1.5 billion

EPCOT

Future World ($1 billion)
  1. Spaceship Earth gets a massive refurb/upgrade that finally finishes the finale - $60 million
  2. Wonders of Life is replaced with a new Weather pavillion, including a new E-ticket simulator that depicts the various forms of natural disasters in the world and a family flat ride to demonstrate the power of wind - $300 million ($360 million)
  3. Test Track gets fine-tuned to be truly a futuristic depiction of transportation - $60 million ($420 million)
  4. Jr. Autopia is placed next to it for the little ones - $55 mililon ($475 million)
  5. Universe of Energy is given a massive upgrade - $80 million ($555 million)
  6. Rainforest Coaster added to The Land - $95 million ($650 million)
  7. Imagination Pavillion bulldozed for a new version that includes a trackless dark ride and 4D show - $300 million ($950 million)
  8. The Seas With Nemo and Friends is removed for a new adaptation of The Living Seas - $50 million ($1 billion)
World Showcase ($750 million)
  1. Maelstrom gets a nice refurb - $30 million
  2. Rhine River Cruise is finally put into Germany - $110 million ($140 million)
  3. Kong 360-style bullet train ride in Japan - $100 million ($240 million)
  4. UK dark ride - $80 million ($320 million)
  5. New ride films for all of the pavilions - $80 million ($400 million)
  6. New pavillion - $200 million ($600 million)
  7. Canadian river rapids - $150 million ($750 million)

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
Disney's Hollywood Studios ($1.5 billion)

Hollywood Blvd ($125 million)

1. GMR gets a massive refurb to show Disney's greatest films with Carthay Circle Theater as the new facade - $120 million
  2. Sorcerer's Hat is removed - $5 million
Star Wars Land ($500 million)
  1. TIE Fighter spinner along Echo Lake - $15 million
  2. Mos Eisley Cantina replaces Backlot Express - $25 million
  3. Speedbike coaster in backstage space - $110 million
  4. Death Star dark ride in Indy's place - $225 million
  5. Millenium Falcon walkthrough/show in remaining backstage space - $50 million
  6. Ewok play area where old Jedi Training Academy is - $25 million
  7. Jedi Training Academy takes over Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience - $50 million
Muppet Studios ($150 million)
  1. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $100 million
  2. Gonzo/Swedish Chef restaurant replaces Pizza Planet - $25 million
  3. New MuppetVision ride film - $25 million
Pixar Place ($430 million) - $1.2 billion
  1. Monsters Inc. door coaster - $125 million
  2. HITSK play area themed to Bug's Life - $15 million
  3. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - $20 million
  4. Gusteau's - $25 million
  5. Finding Nemo - The Musical relocated to here - $25 million
  6. Incredibles KUKA arm dark ride - $220 million
Sunset Blvd ($295 million) - $1.5 billion
  1. B&TB replaced with 1930s themed Broadway musical - $25 million
  2. Fantasmic removed for Crimestoppers family dark ride - $200 million
  3. RnRC rethemed to 1930s Hollywood - $70 million

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom ($1.75 billion)

1. Tree of Life refurb - $20 million
  2. Bug's Life mini-land surrounding It's Tough to Be a Bug with Flik's Flyers - $30 million
  3. Original Countdown to Extinction brought back - $50 million ($100 million)
  4. Dinorama bulldozed for Ice Age family boat ride, Excavator wooden coaster, and a rotating theater inside a laboratory - $425 million ($525 million)
  5. Asia gets a panda flat ride and Jungle Book trackless dark ride - $225 million ($750 million)
  6. Everest is given a nice refurb that finally fixes the Yeti - $50 million ($800 million)
  7. Kali River Rapids is expanded to be closer to the planned rendition - $75 million ($875 million)
  8. Rafiki's Planet Watch gets some refurbishment and a dark ride - $125 million ($1 billion)
  9. Africa gets a Lion King E-ticket log flume - $225 million ($1.25 billion)
  10. Beastly Kingdom opens with an indoor Dragon coaster, outdoor Fantasia boat ride, Minotaur maze, and Unicorn flat ride - $500 million ($1.75 billion)

mharrington

Fantasyland ($295 million) - $995 million
  1. It's a Small World exterior - $10 million
  2. Fantasyland dark ride refurbs - $50 million
  3. Close Princess Fairytale Hall and have M&Gs in castle - $5 million
  4. Relocate Frozen M&G to Arendale mini-land - $10 million
  5. Mary Poppins dark ride where Snow White used to be - $70 million
  6. Frozen trackless dark ride behind B&TB - $150 million

Just out of curiosity, where would you find the room for the princess meet-n-greets in the castle?

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
Well, the thing is, I'm not really really familiar with all the sides or backstage areas.
Between IASW and Little Mermaid, if a tunnel was built over it and backstage spaces moved back, you could fit 3-4 attractions back there. I remember seeing a map that showed how many attractions MK could add using space beyond the railroad berm. They apparently thought 20. Personally, I'd say 12-15 is more reasonable. That's not including the Speedway or replacements. Either way, TDO could add quite a few new attractions if they were willing to rework backstage and service roads.

RMichael21

Disney's Hollywood Studios ($1.5 billion)

Hollywood Blvd ($125 million)

1. GMR gets a massive refurb to show Disney's greatest films with Carthay Circle Theater as the new facade - $120 million
  2. Sorcerer's Hat is removed - $5 million
Star Wars Land ($500 million)
  1. TIE Fighter spinner along Echo Lake - $15 million
  2. Mos Eisley Cantina replaces Backlot Express - $25 million
  3. Speedbike coaster in backstage space - $110 million
  4. Death Star dark ride in Indy's place - $225 million
  5. Millenium Falcon walkthrough/show in remaining backstage space - $50 million
  6. Ewok play area where old Jedi Training Academy is - $25 million
  7. Jedi Training Academy takes over Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience - $50 million
Muppet Studios ($150 million)
  1. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $100 million
  2. Gonzo/Swedish Chef restaurant replaces Pizza Planet - $25 million
  3. New MuppetVision ride film - $25 million
Pixar Place ($430 million) - $1.2 billion
  1. Monsters Inc. door coaster - $125 million
  2. HITSK play area themed to Bug's Life - $15 million
  3. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - $20 million
  4. Gusteau's - $25 million
  5. Finding Nemo - The Musical relocated to here - $25 million
  6. Incredibles KUKA arm dark ride - $220 million
Sunset Blvd ($295 million) - $1.5 billion
  1. B&TB replaced with 1930s themed Broadway musical - $25 million
  2. Fantasmic removed for Crimestoppers family dark ride - $200 million
  3. RnRC rethemed to 1930s Hollywood - $70 million

Honestly, I don't think it would be a good idea to get rid of Fantasmic for a dark ride. It's the only good entertainment DHS has and Crime Stoppers wouldn't replace Fantasmic in the hearts of Disney fans.

mharrington

Between IASW and Little Mermaid, if a tunnel was built over it and backstage spaces moved back, you could fit 3-4 attractions back there. I remember seeing a map that showed how many attractions MK could add using space beyond the railroad berm. They apparently thought 20. Personally, I'd say 12-15 is more reasonable. That's not including the Speedway or replacements. Either way, TDO could add quite a few new attractions if they were willing to rework backstage and service roads.

Well, I found a shot showing off a bit of the backstage area:
Fantasyland_Full_17123.jpg

In addition to roads (not shown here; I know, it's not the best image), I thought I read that the back end there has some stairs, so it's not all one level, but two. It's also the entrance to the utilidors. I just think it would create a great deal of headaches. Sure, you can build new rides back there, but how can the utilidors be folded into the proceedings?

I'm not trying to dismiss your ideas, just trying to figure out a way how they can physically work.

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
Well, I found a shot showing off a bit of the backstage area:
Fantasyland_Full_17123.jpg

In addition to roads (not shown here; I know, it's not the best image), I thought I read that the back end there has some stairs, so it's not all one level, but two. It's also the entrance to the utilidors. I just think it would create a great deal of headaches. Sure, you can build new rides back there, but how can the utilidors be folded into the proceedings?

I'm not trying to dismiss your ideas, just trying to figure out a way how they can physically work.
Well it would be costly, but provide MK with much needed capacity... you could fit a few attractions back there. I know TDO would never be willing to rework the infrastructure.

mharrington

Well it would be costly, but provide MK with much needed capacity... you could fit a few attractions back there. I know TDO would never be willing to rework the infrastructure.

Well, aren't the utilidors part of the infrastructure? Because I would think that it would be hard to create new attractions back there without reworking the infrastructure.

Tom

Beta Return
Well, aren't the utilidors part of the infrastructure? Because I would think that it would be hard to create new attractions back there without reworking the infrastructure.

It would be very difficult to build behind the MK, at least in the north center area (between IASW and BatB). The best way to expand would be to the northwest corner of the MK, as far as going north.

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
In order to get to and from this part of Fantasyland this way, you would have to do a lot of walking around and possible backtracking.
To be honest, walking never hurt anyone... and not really. The path would go from Big Thunder up, then turn with a bridge to Liberty Square (ending the bottleneck), but the path would go forward behind the parking lot and IASW/Mermaid until finally ending up by Storybook Circus (Pinocchio ride by here). NFL already requires a lot of walking as do AK and Epcot...

This would be to expand capacity and allow expansion. Plus, there'd be no bottlenecks since Big Thunder wouldn't be a dead end anymore, and Storybook Circus would be connected to the new area as well. The railroad could potentially add a station to ease the walking

Thrill

I've done a $5 billion plan before, so I'm just going to take that plan and inject an extra $1 billion, plus some ideas I've picked up along the way. A few budget boosts (large and small) are included, as well as over-budget funds for each park (these are largely to make even tenths of a billion rather than thousandths of billions, but conveniently happen to scale based on expansion, where budget problems will be the biggest). As for real new content, western Tomorrowland gets some love, and Gusteau's is added to Hollywood Studios.

Outline:
- $1 billion for Magic Kingdom
- $1.4 billion for EPCOT
- $1.4 billion for Hollywood Studios
- $1.7 billion for Animal Kingdom
- $500 million to kick around - if a major park goes over budget; otherwise, upgrades for water parks, Downtown Disney (DisneyQuest?), hotels, and general infrastructure
* When combined, the over-budget funds at the four parks total $285 million.

Magic Kingdom ($1 billion):
- Significant backstage shuffling; Main Street arcades constructed for crowd control purposes ($50 million; $50 million)
- Remove Aladdin's Flying Carpets ($5 million; $55 million)
- Restaurant in Adventureland ($30 million; $85 million)
- Jungle Cruise enhancements ($50 million; $135 million)
- Tom Sawyer's Island overhaul ($35 million; $170 million)
- Country Bear Jamboree refurbishment ($15 million; $185 million)
- Update PhilharMagic with randomized scenes ($20 million; $205 million)
- Level the Speedway to allow further Fantasyland expansion ($10 million; $215 million)
- Frozen dark ride ($105 million; $320 million)
- Upgrade (and possibly relocate) Peter Pan's Flight; remove "it's a small world"* ($65 million; $385 million)
- New meet and greet location ($20 million; $405 million)
- New C-Ticket dark ride (Ichabod Crane, as a pseudo-Mr. Toad tribute that works well near Liberty Square? Sleeping Beauty?) ($40 million; $445 million)
- Super E-Ticket to replace former Speedway territory (think Horizons) ($200 million; $645 million)
- Improve Space Mountain's effects and add on-board audio ($50 million; $695 million)
- Tomorrowland gets gutted - Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Carousel of Progress*, and Monsters, Inc.* Laugh Floor close ($25 million; $720 million)
- Atmospheric enhancements and new shops in Tomorrowland ($40 million; $760 million)
- Jules Verne-based dark ride takes over former Laugh Floor and Space Ranger Spin ($100 million; $860 million)
- Replacement for Stitch ($70 million; $930 million)
- Full service restaurant replaces Carousel of Progress ($40 million; $970 million)
- $30 million over-budget fund ($30 million; $1 billion)

EPCOT ($1.4 billion):
- Finish Spaceship Earth ($40 million; $40 million)
- Overhaul Energy ($150 million; $190 million)
- Open a Medicine pavilion ($230 million; $420 million)
- Expand the Space pavilion ($150 million; $570 million)
- Reconfigure Innoventions buildings, enhance, and add Carousel of Progress underground ($80 million; $650 million)
- Overhaul Imagination ($150 million; $800 million)
- Third theater for Soarin' (I'm assuming the video was already paid for) ($50 million; $850 million)
- World Showcase gets some kind of permanent event establishment and "it's a small world" ($75 million; $925 million)
- Roman chariot ride in Italy and corresponding area ($75 million; $1 billion)
- Germany dark ride ($75 million; $1.075 billion)
- Brazil pavilion ($175 million; $1.25 billion)
- Illuminations enhancements ($75 million; $1.325 billion)
- $75 million over-budget fund ($75 million; $1.4 billion)

Hollywood Studios ($1.4 billion):
- Fantasmic enhancements ($50 million; $50 million)
- Beauty and the Beast replacement ($50 million; $100 million)
- CONTROVERSIAL: Replace Rockin' Rollercoaster with something family-friendly that fits Sunset Boulevard - it's not a particularly great coaster, it doesn't fit the area, and it makes the park lopsided ($175 million; $275 million)
- Drop the Hat ($15 million; 290 million)
- Great Movie Ride overhaul - shorten Indiana Jones, remove and replace Tarzan and generic horror; enhance just about everything else ($100 million; $390 million)
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid replacement ($50 million; $440 million)
- Some neat Animation upgrades ($30 million; $470 million)
- Star Wars area - speedbike coaster, restaurant, a C-Ticket dark ride, a couple of flat rides ($480 million; $950 million)
- Pixar Place expansion - Incredibles D-Ticket, Up D-Ticket, relocated *Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, new Pizza Planet, Gusteau's ($450 million; $1.3 billion)
- Muppets take over former Pizza Planet ($20 million; $1.32 billion)
- $80 million over-budget fund ($80 million; $1.4 billion)

Animal Kingdom ($1.7 billion)
- Expand Dinoland with a D-Ticket dark ride ($100 million; $100 million)
- Refresh Dinosaur ($60 million; $160 million)
- Build Beastly Kingdomme with an E-Ticket dark ride, a D-Ticket coaster, a C-Ticket dark ride, a show, and some flat rides ($550 million; $710 million)
- Add a World of Color style show ($100 million; $810 million)
- Have a new parade ($60 million; $870 million)
- Having filled Animal Kingdom a bit, closing Everest will no longer induce a riot; FIX THE YETI ($50 million; $920 million)
- Refresh Kali River Rapids ($60 million; $980 million)
- Add a D-Ticket in Asia and a C-Ticket in Africa ($160 million; $1.14 billion)
- Build an Australia land including a show, a C-Ticket dark ride, and an E-Ticket ($460 million; $1.6 billion)
- $100 million over-budget fund ($100 million; $1.7 billion)

I don't think I underestimated budgets too much, so there is almost $800 million sitting around. I think that's plenty to beef up at least a few of Adventureland, The Land, The Seas, Downtown Disney (including DisneyQuest), and the water parks. $6 billion doesn't perfect everything, but it comes really, really close.

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
I've done a $5 billion plan before, so I'm just going to take that plan and inject an extra $1 billion, plus some ideas I've picked up along the way. A few budget boosts (large and small) are included, as well as over-budget funds for each park (these are largely to make even tenths of a billion rather than thousandths of billions, but conveniently happen to scale based on expansion, where budget problems will be the biggest). As for real new content, western Tomorrowland gets some love, and Gusteau's is added to Hollywood Studios.

Outline:
- $1 billion for Magic Kingdom
- $1.4 billion for EPCOT
- $1.4 billion for Hollywood Studios
- $1.7 billion for Animal Kingdom
- $500 million to kick around - if a major park goes over budget; otherwise, upgrades for water parks, Downtown Disney (DisneyQuest?), hotels, and general infrastructure
* When combined, the over-budget funds at the four parks total $285 million.

Magic Kingdom ($1 billion):
- Significant backstage shuffling; Main Street arcades constructed for crowd control purposes ($50 million; $50 million)
- Remove Aladdin's Flying Carpets ($5 million; $55 million)
- Restaurant in Adventureland ($30 million; $85 million)
- Jungle Cruise enhancements ($50 million; $135 million)
- Tom Sawyer's Island overhaul ($35 million; $170 million)
- Country Bear Jamboree refurbishment ($15 million; $185 million)
- Update PhilharMagic with randomized scenes ($20 million; $205 million)
- Level the Speedway to allow further Fantasyland expansion ($10 million; $215 million)
- Frozen dark ride ($105 million; $320 million)
- Upgrade (and possibly relocate) Peter Pan's Flight; remove "it's a small world"* ($65 million; $385 million)
- New meet and greet location ($20 million; $405 million)
- New C-Ticket dark ride (Ichabod Crane, as a pseudo-Mr. Toad tribute that works well near Liberty Square? Sleeping Beauty?) ($40 million; $445 million)
- Super E-Ticket to replace former Speedway territory (think Horizons) ($200 million; $645 million)
- Improve Space Mountain's effects and add on-board audio ($50 million; $695 million)
- Tomorrowland gets gutted - Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Carousel of Progress*, and Monsters, Inc.* Laugh Floor close ($25 million; $720 million)
- Atmospheric enhancements and new shops in Tomorrowland ($40 million; $760 million)
- Jules Verne-based dark ride takes over former Laugh Floor and Space Ranger Spin ($100 million; $860 million)
- Replacement for Stitch ($70 million; $930 million)
- Full service restaurant replaces Carousel of Progress ($40 million; $970 million)
- $30 million over-budget fund ($30 million; $1 billion)

EPCOT ($1.4 billion):
- Finish Spaceship Earth ($40 million; $40 million)
- Overhaul Energy ($150 million; $190 million)
- Open a Medicine pavilion ($230 million; $420 million)
- Expand the Space pavilion ($150 million; $570 million)
- Reconfigure Innoventions buildings, enhance, and add Carousel of Progress underground ($80 million; $650 million)
- Overhaul Imagination ($150 million; $800 million)
- Third theater for Soarin' (I'm assuming the video was already paid for) ($50 million; $850 million)
- World Showcase gets some kind of permanent event establishment and "it's a small world" ($75 million; $925 million)
- Roman chariot ride in Italy and corresponding area ($75 million; $1 billion)
- Germany dark ride ($75 million; $1.075 billion)
- Brazil pavilion ($175 million; $1.25 billion)
- Illuminations enhancements ($75 million; $1.325 billion)
- $75 million over-budget fund ($75 million; $1.4 billion)

Hollywood Studios ($1.4 billion):
- Fantasmic enhancements ($50 million; $50 million)
- Beauty and the Beast replacement ($50 million; $100 million)
- CONTROVERSIAL: Replace Rockin' Rollercoaster with something family-friendly that fits Sunset Boulevard - it's not a particularly great coaster, it doesn't fit the area, and it makes the park lopsided ($175 million; $275 million)
- Drop the Hat ($15 million; 290 million)
- Great Movie Ride overhaul - shorten Indiana Jones, remove and replace Tarzan and generic horror; enhance just about everything else ($100 million; $390 million)
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid replacement ($50 million; $440 million)
- Some neat Animation upgrades ($30 million; $470 million)
- Star Wars area - speedbike coaster, restaurant, a C-Ticket dark ride, a couple of flat rides ($480 million; $950 million)
- Pixar Place expansion - Incredibles D-Ticket, Up D-Ticket, relocated *Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, new Pizza Planet, Gusteau's ($450 million; $1.3 billion)
- Muppets take over former Pizza Planet ($20 million; $1.32 billion)
- $80 million over-budget fund ($80 million; $1.4 billion)

Animal Kingdom ($1.7 billion)
- Expand Dinoland with a D-Ticket dark ride ($100 million; $100 million)
- Refresh Dinosaur ($60 million; $160 million)
- Build Beastly Kingdomme with an E-Ticket dark ride, a D-Ticket coaster, a C-Ticket dark ride, a show, and some flat rides ($550 million; $710 million)
- Add a World of Color style show ($100 million; $810 million)
- Have a new parade ($60 million; $870 million)
- Having filled Animal Kingdom a bit, closing Everest will no longer induce a riot; FIX THE YETI ($50 million; $920 million)
- Refresh Kali River Rapids ($60 million; $980 million)
- Add a D-Ticket in Asia and a C-Ticket in Africa ($160 million; $1.14 billion)
- Build an Australia land including a show, a C-Ticket dark ride, and an E-Ticket ($460 million; $1.6 billion)
- $100 million over-budget fund ($100 million; $1.7 billion)

I don't think I underestimated budgets too much, so there is almost $800 million sitting around. I think that's plenty to beef up at least a few of Adventureland, The Land, The Seas, Downtown Disney (including DisneyQuest), and the water parks. $6 billion doesn't perfect everything, but it comes really, really close.

I like it! Especially moving IASW to World Showcase! But Buzz should stay as the only really kid-friendly ride, just needs an update. But Laugh Floor should be enough room for a solid C-ticket dark ride. and I'd put a Flying Saucers flat ride where Carousel of Progress is instead of another restaurant (Tomorrowland has two already)... you could do some cool stuff with the effects and it'd still cost about $40 million since it's only a flat.

Your $800 million could include...
Fire Mountain and Indy dark ride as an Adventureland expansion($450 million - $275 million for Fire, $175 million for Indy)
Family dark ride for Frontierland ($150 million) - something to pave the way for breaking the bottleneck... a new land would go in the rest of the space behind Big Thunder and connect to Liberty Square.
New addition to DisneyQuest ($75 million)
New slides for Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach ($50 million)
Muppets dark ride where old Premiere Theater is ($75 million)

The Land and The Seas just need slight refurbs... Disney Springs will take care of itself except DisneyQuest. The water parks don't cost much at all - $50 million would be enough for additions to each. Aside from the new land, you could add everything for $6 billion and WDW would indeed be near the gold standard it should aspire to.

Thrill

I like it! Especially moving IASW to World Showcase! But Buzz should stay as the only really kid-friendly ride, just needs an update. But Laugh Floor should be enough room for a solid C-ticket dark ride. and I'd put a Flying Saucers flat ride where Carousel of Progress is instead of another restaurant (Tomorrowland has two already)... you could do some cool stuff with the effects and it'd still cost about $40 million since it's only a flat.

All of this is justified.
- Buzz has some issues. I think it's a weird fit for the land; I'm re-envisioning Tomorrowland is a retro-futuristic land (i.e. Jules Verne). The replacement will be family-oriented, and gets rid of a second Toy Story shoot-em-up (we don't need two of those).
- The restaurant is table service; Magic Kingdom is sorely lacking in this department.

Your $800 million could include...
Fire Mountain and Indy dark ride as an Adventureland expansion($450 million - $275 million for Fire, $175 million for Indy)
Family dark ride for Frontierland ($150 million) - something to pave the way for breaking the bottleneck... a new land would go in the rest of the space behind Big Thunder and connect to Liberty Square.
New addition to DisneyQuest ($75 million)
New slides for Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach ($50 million)
Muppets dark ride where old Premiere Theater is ($75 million

I'd appropriate a bit differently. Adventureland's situation isn't quite that dire. It's got two E-Tickets as it stands. $100 million covers a D-Ticket (Indiana Jones based?); toss in an additional $50 million to give the Treehouse and general land some love, and Adventureland is quite respectable on its own. For Frontierland, a $150 million Marc Davis-style shoot-em-up sounds like a good deal.
At EPCOT, The Land gets a new show and Living with the Land is plussed, at a cost of $75 million total. The Seas gets some help for $25 million.
Toss in the $75 million Muppet ride at Hollywood Studios and leave Animal Kingdom as-described, and we have about $325 million left.
Salvage DisneyQuest for $100 million, toss $50 million to each water park. That leaves $125 million for budget excess, roads, parking garages, and hotels. (I assume that Disney Springs will be a wash, as that appears to be driven by outside leases; Disney pockets money when that expands, more often than not.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom