$6 Billion to Fix WDW

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
All of this is justified.
- Buzz has some issues. I think it's a weird fit for the land; I'm re-envisioning Tomorrowland is a retro-futuristic land (i.e. Jules Verne). The replacement will be family-oriented, and gets rid of a second Toy Story shoot-em-up (we don't need two of those).
- The restaurant is table service; Magic Kingdom is sorely lacking in this department.

I'd appropriate a bit differently. Adventureland's situation isn't quite that dire. It's got two E-Tickets as it stands. $100 million covers a D-Ticket (Indiana Jones based?); toss in an additional $50 million to give the Treehouse and general land some love, and Adventureland is quite respectable on its own. For Frontierland, a $150 million Marc Davis-style shoot-em-up sounds like a good deal.
At EPCOT, The Land gets a new show and Living with the Land is plussed, at a cost of $75 million total. The Seas gets some help for $25 million.
Toss in the $75 million Muppet ride at Hollywood Studios and leave Animal Kingdom as-described, and we have about $325 million left.
Salvage DisneyQuest for $100 million, toss $50 million to each water park. That leaves $125 million for budget excess, roads, parking garages, and hotels. (I assume that Disney Springs will be a wash, as that appears to be driven by outside leases; Disney pockets money when that expands, more often than not.)
Yeah Adventureland just really needs a thrill ride/coaster/mountain is what I meant... and an Indy D-ticket would be fine (assuming a mine cart coaster). I'd personally prefer Fire Mountain since the concept would give MK the thrill machine it needs (48"-52" height requirement), but as long as the Indy coaster has a 48" height requirement, that'd suffice.

If Western River Expedition was like an immersive shoot 'em up boat ride or something similar, that would be a great addition! Although space should be left for expansion next to the ride.

I wouldn't mind seeing Buzz leave if Toy Story Mania got plussed (Buzz is a superior ride experience to TSMM IMO) a bit. Plus, a Jules Verne-esque Discoveryland would mesh better with Fantasyland and Main Street. But a Flying Saucers flat ride could be thrown in as a small addition for the kids. $100 million for the water parks seems like a lot (they're usually pretty cheap). Take maybe $20 million from that ($80 million would be good enough for a new slide at each and some TLC) and put a Flying Saucers ride in western Tomorrowland (your new area is IP-free, so it'd be a small kid-friendly addition by Space Mountain and your new E-ticket). The table-service would be fine.

Like what you did with The Land and Seas! (small fixes for both) and DisneyQuest does need something new.

mharrington

If you could fix WDW with $6 billion, what would you do?

Here's mine (decided $1.5 billion for each park)

Magic Kingdom ($1.5 billion)

General

1. Spruce up the park - $10 million
Main Street ($15 million) - $25 million
  1. Give Tinkerbell's M&G to Minnie Mouse - $1 million
  2. Conceal the backstage area between Tomorrowland Terrace and Main Street - $5 million
  3. Give the whole street a facelift - $9 million
Adventureland ($425 million) - $450 million
  1. Reroute Jungle Cruise and give it a nice refurb to make room for massive Adventureland expansion. A new nighttime cruise should open as well - $55 million
  2. Give POTC some TLC, also rework to allow guest paths to reach new expansion - $20 million
  3. Move Magic Carpets of Aladdin to new Agrabah mini-land in expansion - $5 million
  4. Vulcania added with E-ticket Fire Mountain suspended/floorless dark ride-coaster hybrid with a state of the art lava monster AA - 51" - $150 million
  5. Sultan's Palace restaurant - $25 million
  6. Cave of Wonders Soarin' meets Peter Pan-style E ticket - $195 million (imagine moving on a Magic Carpet over the sets below via KUKA arms and a suspended hang glider - AAs and screens seamless combined for one grand adventure) - 40"
Frontierland ($250 million) - $700 million
  1. Splash Mountain gets a massive refurbishment - $40 million
  2. Big Thunder gets the enhancements DL got - $30 million
  3. Berm is reworked to allow for Western River Expedition (family-friendly indoor river raft ride that tells the story of the west along a river, including Cowboys, Indians, shootouts, geysers, and much more) - $180 million - no height requirement
Fantasyland ($295 million) - $995 million
  1. It's a Small World exterior - $10 million
  2. Fantasyland dark ride refurbs - $50 million
  3. Close Princess Fairytale Hall and have M&Gs in castle - $5 million
  4. Relocate Frozen M&G to Arendale mini-land - $10 million
  5. Mary Poppins dark ride where Snow White used to be - $70 million
  6. Frozen trackless dark ride behind B&TB - $150 million
Tomorrowland ($505 million) - $1.5 billion
  1. Space Mountain gets a new track, on-board audio/music - $40 million
  2. Carousel of Progress refurbishment - $25 million
  3. Stitch closes for a new UFO Encounter (includes new distinct facade) - 48" - $50 million
  4. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor replaced with WALL-E show - $30 million
  5. Buzz gets a nice refurb - $40 million
  6. Wreck-it Ralph E-ticket in place of Speedway and some backstage space (Sugar Rush - 34" for Fantasyland, and Hero's Duty - 42" for Tomorrowland) - $200 million
  7. Huge family Martian dark ride outside berm - $160 million
  8. Flying Saucers flat ride outside berm - $25 million

EPCOT, DHS and AK come later

Just curious: how do you know how much all of that costs?

rm247

Just covering the 4 main parks because that's all i have time for, i've spent so far $4.535bn, so still nearly another 1.5 bn to spend

General ($5m)
1.Every animated Movie to have merchandise in at least one store in the parks, usually the most relevant store, such as: Basil The Great Mouse Detective in Epcot/UK Pavilion, Sleepy Hollow with the horror shop in Liberty Square - $2m
2 If you want Duffy in the parks and on merchandise, make a Animated short featuring him to go before the next animated theatrical movie - $3m

MAGIC KINGDOM ($141m)
This is where I'd spend the least amount.

Main Street ($2m)
1.Update Tinkerbell's M&G to include a visiting fairy -$1M
2.Add Rabbit to Crystal Palace Character Meals - $1m

Adventureland ($110m)
1.Re-theme Swiss Family Treehouse to Tarzan - $5m
2.Remove Aladdins Carpets & create a Frozen themed dark ride - $100m
3.Have a snow themed Meet & Greet area for Elsa & Anna -$5m

Frontierland ($1m)
1. Set up a small ice cream and drinks counter service location on Tom Sawyer Island -$1m

Fantasyland ($5m)
1.Expand Princess Fairytale Hall so it is doubled in size and have 4 sets of normal princesses (not A&E) meeting with their princes -$5m

Liberty Square ($3m)
1.Open up a horror themed shop next to Haunted Mansion dealing with merchandise from the spooky Disney Movies - $3m

Tomorrowland ($20m)
1. Remove Stich's Great Escape and use the space for a Planetarium with 20 minute showing looking at Space & our solar system - $20m

EPCOT ($933m)
I was surprised to find i spent nearly $1bn here, also whilst looking up reasonable prices, i found that the Simpsons ride at Universal only cost $40m

Future World ($254.95m)
1. Captain EO gets removed and the theatre used for a 4D Wreck It Ralph Ride - $10m
2. Big signs outside the Innovation buildings advertising what exhibits are inside - $50k
3. Update the final room in Spaceship Earth to show TODAY - $350k
4. Open a Human Body Pavillion -$30m
4a. Inside Have a theatre showing "The Making Of me" - $5m
4b. Have a Body Wars style ride without any battles, just a tour around the inside of the human body - $100m
4c. Have a theatre show with a gym instructor teaching a collection of unfit Disney characters, (Pooh, Donald, Baloo, Smee, etc) how to get in shape - $10m
5. Have a Rocket Themed freefall tower ride (think Dr Doom's Tower at IOS) - $100m

World Showcase ($707.5m)
1. China- Create a Duelling Dragons double Roller Coaster at the back of the China Pavilion - $150m
2. Germany- Build a Gepetto's House Meet & Greet location for Pinocchio & Jiminy Cricket - $5m
3. Italy- Build a dark ride featuring a gondola ride through Italian landmarks and part works of art - $100m
4. USA- change Fife & Drum to "Sunshine State" which sells counter service Floridian food, such as Jambalaya, Gator Nuggets, etc -$2.5m
5. Japan- Create a video attraction in a customer built theatre, showing the variety of Japan from the cities to the countryside and the mountains -$15m
6. Morocco- Bring in Aladdin's Flying Carpets - $25m
7. Morocco- Restaurant Marrakesh to be changed to a "Family style" character dining restaurant for Aladdin characters -$10m
8. UK- 4D theatre ride featuring a crossover between the UK based animated characters (ala Phillimagic) featuring guys like Basil, Robin Hood, Dalmatians, Toad, Merlin etc - $100m
9. Build a Meet & Greet area themed like a hotel, separate from the pavilions, each day have 2 "visitors" characters who wouldn't normally do Meet & Greets, keep rotating daily they might find some random characters are very popular - $10m
10. Build a new Pavilion for Greece - $150m
10a Create a Simulator ride based around of tour of Greek ruins only to get stuck in the middle of a battle between Hades & Hercules - $100m
10b Build a Greek Meze restaurant - $40m

Animal Kingdom ($1.3365bn)
This is assuming the Avatar land doesn't get built as originally planned

Asia ($130m)
1. Build Jungle Book Dark Ride -$100m
2. Build a new Yeti for Everest -$20m
3. Build a kids play area themed around King Louie's home - $10m

Discovery Island ($150m)
1. Have a night-time show on Discovery River - $150m

Rifiki's Planet Watch ($75.5m)
1. film show using classic animated characters and those from films like Home on The Range to look at Farming methods -$5m
2. Permanent Meet & Greet Spot for Rafiki - 500k
3. Ripley Believe it or not style museum dedicated to unusual animals, their behaviours, etc - $40m
4. The waterhole, a utensil free restaurant used for animal themed character meals - $30m

Africa ($115m)
1. Build dioramas from various forest or outdoorsy disney scenes and place along the route of the Wilderness train ride, both ways. - $15m
2. Soarin style ride taking you above the African savannah and watching the wildlife - $100m

Dinoland ($301.05m)
1. Separate the Nemo theatre from the theming by use of extensive greenery - $100k
2. Redesign Dinoland to remove the roadside attraction aspect so it looks like a dino dig in the middle of the jungle - $150m
3. Remove the Carnival Games - $1m
4. Replace Primevel Whirl with a Pterosaur themed looping coaster - $150m

Beastly Kingdom ($565m)
1. Build a Beastly Kingdom section of the park focusing of mystical beasts - $250m
2. Build a Unicorn riding steeplechase ride - $15m
3. Build a Villians Hide-Out Meet & Greet location - $20m
4. New stage show version of Atlantis - $50m
5. Build a Minotaur's maze - $10m
6. Build a spinning ride called Medusa's revenge based on the Gorgon myth - $30m
7. The Pyramid, a semi-dark rollercoaster where you face Mummies, snakes, SPinx, etc - $150m
8. Phaoroh's Palace, attached to the Pyramid a Eygptian themed restaurant - $40m

Hollywood Studios ($2.12bn)
I would rebrand this as Disney Studios and have different" lands" inside, most attractions are kept where they are.

Rebranding to Disney Studios- $100m

Hollywood Boulevard ($300m)
This would cover the areas currently called Hollywood Boulevard & Sunset Boulevard, take over half of Echo lake up to the Sounds Dangerous Building and also The Studio Backlot Tour, Sci-Fi Dine In & ABC commissary of Streets of America
1. Redesigning the area to look like 1 continual section of Hollywood including stars on the walkways -$200m
2. Rename Great Movie Ride, "Classic Movie Ride" and replace Searchers & Fantasia with Saving Private Ryan & Gone With The Wind - $50m
3.Use Theatre for American Idol experience to hold a show teaching about Stage make-up, and stunts in a humorous family friendly way -$20m
4. Remove the Hat - $5m
5. Sounds Dangerous to re-open, but as a film attraction showing how sound and audio work together to create a movie -$15m
6. Studio's Backlot tour to use space currently being used by the motor stunt show to add a 3rd stunt demonstration - $10m

Muppet Manors ($231m)
This covers the remaining Streets of America's area including the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground, the idea is the Muppets have turned their part of New York around their theatre into a tourist attraction
1. Retheme the area to look like New York streets continuously (most of this is here already) - $30m
2. Build Muppet statues for Photo opportunities - $1m
3. Honey i Shrunk the Kids becomes "Gonzo's totally safe, not at all dangerous play area" deigned to look like it's made out of old cars, junk, etc - $40m
4. Build The Electric Mayhem's spinner, a spinning ride with animatronic Electric Mayhem playing music in the centre ($10m)
5. "Muppets at the Movies ride" similar to the Classic Movie ride but the scenes are done incorrectly with Muppets taking the parts of the original actors - $150m

Tatooine ($720m)
This covers the Star Tours ride and is then built outwards from the park
1. Designing the entire area - $400m
2. Update the Backlot Express to the Cantina - $20m
3. Pod Racer Roller Coaster - $200m
4. Tie fighter Dark Ride where you have to use your lasers to take out other ships - $100m

Pixar Place ($450m)
Use the existing Pixar Place and build outwards
1. Bring over Pizza Planet and use to host a Toy story character meal - $30m
2. Incredibles indoor simulation rollercoaster -$200m
3. Carl's scenic tours a relaxing balloon spinner ride - $20m
4. Radiator Springs Tours, a outdoor driving area where you drive throught the Radiator Springs area and see the characters - $200m

Animation Studios ($50m)
Covering the current Animation courtyard & Mickey Avenue
1. Extend the One Man's Dream Museum - $20m
2. Latest stars, a meet & greet that can be easily themed to the latest animated movie to meet the stars from that film - $10m
3. Animation Legends, a Meet & Greet with older Disney stars like Oswald, Horace Horsecollar, Three Pigs - $20m

tcool

Adventureland ($110m)
1.Re-theme Swiss Family Treehouse to Tarzan - $5m
2.Remove Aladdins Carpets & create a Frozen themed dark ride - $100m
3.Have a snow themed Meet & Greet area for Elsa & Anna -$5m
It seems Anna and Elsa got lost in the jungle, and decided to throw snow and ruin the themeing of a tropical jungle where it doesn't snow.

rm247

It seems Anna and Elsa got lost in the jungle, and decided to throw snow and ruin the themeing of a tropical jungle where it doesn't snow.

To be honest I was having trouble figuring out where to put Anna & Elsa. Being that Frozen is one of the highest grossing movies overall, not just for Disney movies. I knew I wanted a Frozen dark ride as well as a Meet & Greet.

There's no reason to put it in DHS, EPCOT's Norway pavilion already has a dark ride. I'm against creating a snowy area of Animal Kingdom, as it due to the real weather it can't be done whilst treating Artic animals humanely.

So I was left with Magic Kingdom.
If I put it in Frontierland/Liberty Square/Tomorrowland, it would stick out like a sore thumb. Fantasyland is already full of dark rides and has had a huge amount spent on it, so converting a corner of Adventureland into an area where you stumble on a snowy kingdom seemed to make sense, Elsa has the power to turn a part of the rainforest to ice.

rm247

So lets use up the remaining money...

Downtown Disney ($120m)
Some of this might be covered by the ongoing refurbishment
1. "Screen to Screen" a store selling every Disney DVD/BluRay nder one roof - $5m
2. "It started with a mouse" free museum looking at the Disney Parks, including models, concept art, etc - $20m
3. 2 nightclubs, 1 for House/Techo music, the other for Pop/Rock - $40m
4. Open a Spanish Tapas restaurant - $10m
5. New Detective themed Dinner Theatre show - $40m
6. Freash Food store, with Deli and Greengrocers - $5m

Disney Quest ($124)
This place is getting completely reworked
1. Rebrand as Litwicks Arcade including new paintjob and expansion -$40m
2. Hold a Ralph & Vanellope M&G inside - $3m
3. RETRO zone, area dedicate to classic games upto and including late 90's with version of Fix It Felix, Candy Rush in there as well -$20m
4. FANTASY zone, move all current Explore zone rides along with Buzz Lightyear and Might Ducks ride together - $5m
4a. New Sleeping Beauty simulation ride -$20m
5. CREATE zone, add a video game design atraction - $5m
6. COMPETE Zone the current Score zone and other competitive games move here -$1m
6a. Add Soccer and Golf Simulators -$10m
6b. Tron game -$10m
7. Pixel place, a new counter service restaurant - $10m

Water Parks ($14m)
1. New bank of 3 single rider slides in each park - $6m
2. Black Hole style ride in Typhoon Lagoon - $3m
3. Christmas themed Slow family Raft Ride at Blizzard Beach - $5m

So even after adding in the extra areas i've still only spent $4.793bn so there's over $1bn to spruce up the resorts and build a walking pathway all the way from the Epcot resorts to the Magic Kingdom resorts.

tcool

So I was left with Magic Kingdom.
Fantasyland is already full of dark rides and has had a huge amount spent on it, so converting a corner of Adventureland into an area where you stumble on a snowy kingdom seemed to make sense, Elsa has the power to turn a part of the rainforest to ice.
We only have 3 if you want to include Mermaid. Dwarfs is considered a coaster. And Disneyland has 5 Dark Rides in Fantasyland which Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventure,Mr.Toad's Wild Ride,Alice In Wonderland, and Pinicioh's Daring Journey. So Fantasyland is not full.

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
Frozen in Adventureland would be the death-blow to consistency in Magic Kingdom... you could tear out the tents, rework some backstage and put in a Fantasyland and Frontierland expansion. Western River Expedition, Sleepy Hollow, Bald Mountain, Arendale - you fix the bottle-neck, add a much needed people-eater to Frontierland, give Liberty Square something new, give MK a true thrill ride (48"-54"), and Frozen gets a whole mini-land (dark ride, flat and M&G). You could also remove the Speedway to allow a better transition to Fantasyland/Tomorrowland,

Fantasyland could use a trackless dark ride (perfect for Frozen). And also something to replace the old Snow White one. You could even turn Philharmagic into a dark ride if you relocate it to Town Square.

You can never have too many dark rides - and 6 wouldn't be that bad, considering it would spread crowds out slightly more (ease the tension for Pan and SDMT) and eat up guests.

mharrington

I personally would keep Storybook Circus, but add on attractions to it, especially since this does seem to be a replacement of sorts of Toontown with Mickey and the gang. You scrap the area, and you scrap a dedicated spot in the Magic Kingdom for Mickey and the gang.

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
I personally would keep Storybook Circus, but add on attractions to it, especially since this does seem to be a replacement of sorts of Toontown with Mickey and the gang. You scrap the area, and you scrap a dedicated spot in the Magic Kingdom for Mickey and the gang.
Toontown's pretty crappy and kid-centric, though. Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin is the only reason why I'd even want it, and it likely will never come to WDW. I'd rather a Pinocchio/Dumbo mini-land that leads to Arendale and Bald Mountain behind IASW and Mermaid. Maybe give MK a second water ride (a mini-version of Splash like what was planned for Disneyland back in 1955?)?

mharrington

Toontown's pretty crappy and kid-centric, though. Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin is the only reason why I'd even want it, and it likely will never come to WDW. I'd rather a Pinocchio/Dumbo mini-land that leads to Arendale and Bald Mountain behind IASW and Mermaid. Maybe give MK a second water ride (a mini-version of Splash like what was planned for Disneyland back in 1955?)?

But what about Mickey and the gang? Don't they deserve a place at the Magic Kingdom?

As you can see on this thread here (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/imagineering-a-brand-new-mk-and-epcot-for-you.864107/), my ideas are far less elaborate than yours and I have tried to do new things in the parks without trying to break through infrastructure. Everything that I've done is within as much of a preexisting boundary setup as possible, especially in the case of the Magic Kingdom. I also do not even bother with costs. And I always try to keep Storybook Circus as is, but with some additional offerings, and as its own separate land.

Fantasmicguy

Disney's Hollywood Studios ($1.5 billion)

Hollywood Blvd ($125 million)

1. GMR gets a massive refurb to show Disney's greatest films with Carthay Circle Theater as the new facade - $120 million
  2. Sorcerer's Hat is removed - $5 million
Star Wars Land ($500 million)
  1. TIE Fighter spinner along Echo Lake - $15 million
  2. Mos Eisley Cantina replaces Backlot Express - $25 million
  3. Speedbike coaster in backstage space - $110 million
  4. Death Star dark ride in Indy's place - $225 million
  5. Millenium Falcon walkthrough/show in remaining backstage space - $50 million
  6. Ewok play area where old Jedi Training Academy is - $25 million
  7. Jedi Training Academy takes over Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience - $50 million
Muppet Studios ($150 million)
  1. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $100 million
  2. Gonzo/Swedish Chef restaurant replaces Pizza Planet - $25 million
  3. New MuppetVision ride film - $25 million
Pixar Place ($430 million) - $1.2 billion
  1. Monsters Inc. door coaster - $125 million
  2. HITSK play area themed to Bug's Life - $15 million
  3. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - $20 million
  4. Gusteau's - $25 million
  5. Finding Nemo - The Musical relocated to here - $25 million
  6. Incredibles KUKA arm dark ride - $220 million
Sunset Blvd ($295 million) - $1.5 billion
  1. B&TB replaced with 1930s themed Broadway musical - $25 million
  2. Fantasmic removed for Crimestoppers family dark ride - $200 million
  3. RnRC rethemed to 1930s Hollywood - $70 million

Why does fantasmic have to be removed?

etc98

I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but once I saw the title, I had to write my own plan for spending the $6 billion. Also, I am going to say that everything that has already been announced but not yet opened will still be built but I will not be including it in my expenses. Probably the main things I will do differently from the rest of the people on this topic are in Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland, in case you don't want to read the entire thing. So here goes:

Magic Kingdom $1 billion

Main Street $50 million
-General refurbishment and refreshing. $10 million
-Add covered, air conditioned arcades along both sides of Main Street for crowd control. $30 million
-Turn the Main Street Cinema back into a cinema with old Disney shorts. $10 million

Adventureland $50 million
-Refurbish Jungle Cruise along with adding a new nighttime version. $40 million
-Remove the Flying Carpets and put in a large fountain/water feature along with an outdoor bazaar with many stalls and shops advertising their wares. $10 million

Frontierland $210 million
-Refurbish Ton Sawyer's Island adding a small ice cream/refreshment shop. $15 million
-Turn the Diamond Horseshoe into a true dinner show. $15 million
-Update the Country Bear Jamboree and include three versions, the regular version, along with ones for the holidays and summer vacation. $30 million
-Tear down Splash Mountain and the train station, replacing it with the Western River Expedition and a new train station. $150 million

Liberty Square $20 million
-Add Haunted Mansion Holiday to the Haunted Mansion. $20 million

Fantasyland $320 million
-it's a small world will be removed, being replaced by Once Upon a Time, a dark ride for all of the fairy tales that are not otherwise covered in Fantasyland. $100 million
-Peter Pan's Flight will recieve a major refurbishment that will have that attraction consume Philharmagic, and become much larger and more elaborate. $100 million
-The Speedway will be removed to make room for an Alice in Wonderland mini-land including a new elaborate dark ride, the teacups, and a maze. The cafe in Tomorrowland will also be rethemed to fit this area. $120 million

Tomorrowland $350 million
-The Tomorrowland Terrace will be demolished, and a new park-like setting with gardens and seating will be created on the path from Main Street to Tomorrowland. $20 million
-Stitch's Great Escape will be brought back to the earlier Alien Encounter. $50 million
-Space Ranger Spin will be moved to a new building on the north of Tomorrowland on top of the lower end of where the speedway used to be. It is placed there to separate Tomorrowland from Fantasyland a little more. The PeopleMover will go through it. It will be themed to a futuristic police station on the outside, but have the familiar Buzz Lightyear on the inside. $75 million
-Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor will be gone, and a new dark ride will replace that and the old Space Ranger Spin. It will look at how the future has looked through the eyes of futurists from the past, culminating in EPCOT as created by Walt Disney. $100 million
-The Carousel of Progress will be removed, to be replaced by a sit down revolving restaurant. Guests looking out the window will notice it starts out looking like our day, and gradually gets more and more futuristic as they dine. $25 million
-Below the Carousel of Progress Restaurant, in what is now backstage area, will be a flying saucers flat ride. $40 million
-Also in the former backstage area is a zoo with all sorts of odd alien life. $25 million
-Also back there is a futuristic amphitheater where different people and aliens come out throughout the day and, with the help of the little kids, act out and tell the stories of their space adventures. $15 million

Epcot $1.55 billion

Future World $800 million

Spaceship Earth $40 million
-Refurbish the entire ride, take out the touch screens, finish the finale.

Innoventions $100 million
-Add more futuristic exhibits and shows. $20 million
-Add the Carousel of Progress at the end of Innoventions toward World Showcase Lagoon. It will be a new and improved version, with all new scenes more spread out through time. From the onset of electricity to the present of our Information Age. Then you go upstairs to tour a home of the future. $80 million

The Living Seas $100 million
-Get rid of Nemo and replace it with a scientific ride and film, closer to the original. And bring back the Hydrolators! The entire pavilion gets brought back to being themed to Seabase Alpha, a research center under the sea.

The Land $40 million
-Update the film, keep it about the Circle of Life, but get rid of Pumba and Timon. Make it educational, but fun. $20 million
-Refurbish and update the entire pavilion. $20 million

Imagination! $225 million
-Bring back the original ride, with Dreamfinder and Figment. $80 million
-Move ImageWorks back upstairs, with plenty of new exhibits and things to do. $40 million
-Add a new 4D movie, all about creativity, almost psychedelic. $30 million
-Add an Imagineering exhibit that is like the Guggenheim in New York in that it is a spiral. You start at the top with Disneyland, and continue down the spiral through all of Immagineering's feats. At the bottom is a model of Progress City. $75 million

World of Motion $90 million
-Make the attraction actually about the future of transportation, and not just cars. It should include planes, trains, ships, and other more futuristic types of transportation.

Space $125 million
-Completely redo the old WoL pavilion. The central dome has projections on it of space, like a planetarium. It is connected to Mission: Space, which is the main attraction. It also has more, smaller attractions, like the old WoL.

Universe of Energy $80 million
-This show is reworked, Ellen and Bill Nye are removed, and it is given a theme to talk more about renewable technology, and less about fossil fuels.

World Showcase $750 million

Canada $40 million
-Updated film. $20 million
-Something has to be put in the large Hotel, as (correct me if I'm wrong) there is nothing there now. $20 million

France $20 million
-Updated film.

Switzerland $150 million
-A Switzerland pavilion is built, housing a replica of the Matterhorn bobsleds from Disneyland.

Japan $90 million
-Bullet train ride.

it's a small world $70 million
-The American Adventure would be relocated, and in its place would be the classic ride about international unity, with it's bright white and gold facade.

Italy $90 million
-A new ride based on the ancient Roman Empire, going through the Coliseum, a forum, etc.

Germany $80 million
-The Rhine River Cruise is finally built.

The United States $100 million
-A copy of the old American Adventure will be built here, with the old animatronic show too.

China $20 million
-Updated Film.

Norway $25 million
-The Maelstrom is completely refurbished from head to toe, and the film is updated.

Mexico $40 million
-The Three Caballeros are gone, to be replaced by a relaxing cruise through the history of Mexico, from the Aztecs, Mayans, and Toltecs to modern day.

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth $25 million
-The show remains the same, but instead of having the Earth Globe on a barge in the middle of the lagoon, it will be much larger and be built right in front of it's a small world, that way it is easier to see, and can remain there all day.

Well, that's it for now. I'll probably run out of money by the time I get to every park, but oh well. I'll do the Animal Kingdom and the Studios later. Hope you like it!

Last edited:

ScorpionX

I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but once I saw the title, I had to write my own plan for spending the $6 billion. Also, I am going to say that everything that has already been announced but not yet opened will still be built but I will not be including it in my expenses. Probably the main things I will do differently from the rest of the people on this topic are in Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland, in case you don't want to read the entire thing. So here goes:

Magic Kingdom $1 billion

Main Street $50 million
-General refurbishment and refreshing. $10 million
-Add covered, air conditioned arcades along both sides of Main Street for crowd control. $30 million
-Turn the Main Street Cinema back into a cinema with old Disney shorts. $10 million

Adventureland $50 million
-Refurbish Jungle Cruise along with adding a new nighttime version. $40 million
-Remove the Flying Carpets and put in a large fountain/water feature along with an outdoor bazaar with many stalls and shops advertising their wares. $10 million

Frontierland $210 million
-Refurbish Ton Sawyer's Island adding a small ice cream/refreshment shop. $15 million
-Turn the Diamond Horseshoe into a true dinner show. $15 million
-Update the Country Bear Jamboree and include three versions, the regular version, along with ones for the holidays and summer vacation. $30 million
-Tear down Splash Mountain and the train station, replacing it with the Western River Expedition and a new train station. $150 million

Liberty Square $20 million
-Add Haunted Mansion Holiday to the Haunted Mansion. $20 million

Fantasyland $320 million
-it's a small world will be removed, being replaced by Once Upon a Time, a dark ride for all of the fairy tales that are not otherwise covered in Fantasyland. $100 million
-Peter Pan's Flight will recieve a major refurbishment that will have that attraction consume Philharmagic, and become much larger and more elaborate. $100 million
-The Speedway will be removed to make room for an Alice in Wonderland mini-land including a new elaborate dark ride, the teacups, and a maze. The cafe in Tomorrowland will also be rethemed to fit this area. $120 million

Tomorrowland $350 million
-The Tomorrowland Terrace will be demolished, and a new park-like setting with gardens and seating will be created on the path from Main Street to Tomorrowland. $20 million
-Stitch's Great Escape will be brought back to the earlier Alien Encounter. $50 million
-Space Ranger Spin will be moved to a new building on the north of Tomorrowland on top of the lower end of where the speedway used to be. It is placed there to separate Tomorrowland from Fantasyland a little more. The PeopleMover will go through it. It will be themed to a futuristic police station on the outside, but have the familiar Buzz Lightyear on the inside. $75 million
-Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor will be gone, and a new dark ride will replace that and the old Space Ranger Spin. It will look at how the future has looked through the eyes of futurists from the past, culminating in EPCOT as created by Walt Disney. $100 million
-The Carousel of Progress will be removed, to be replaced by a sit down revolving restaurant. Guests looking out the window will notice it starts out looking like our day, and gradually gets more and more futuristic as they dine. $25 million
-Below the Carousel of Progress Restaurant, in what is now backstage area, will be a flying saucers flat ride. $40 million
-Also in the former backstage area is a zoo with all sorts of odd alien life. $25 million
-Also back there is a futuristic amphitheater where different people and aliens come out throughout the day and, with the help of the little kids, act out and tell the stories of their space adventures. $15 million

Epcot $1.55 billion

Future World $800 million

Spaceship Earth $40 million
-Refurbish the entire ride, take out the touch screens, finish the finale.

Innoventions $100 million
-Add more futuristic exhibits and shows. $20 million
-Add the Carousel of Progress at the end of Innoventions toward World Showcase Lagoon. It will be a new and improved version, with all new scenes more spread out through time. From the onset of electricity to the present of our Information Age. Then you go upstairs to tour a home of the future. $80 million

The Living Seas $100 million
-Get rid of Nemo and replace it with a scientific ride and film, closer to the original. And bring back the Hydrolators! The entire pavilion gets brought back to being themed to Seabase Alpha, a research center under the sea.

The Land $40 million
-Update the film, keep it about the Circle of Life, but get rid of Pumba and Timon. Make it educational, but fun. $20 million
-Refurbish and update the entire pavilion. $20 million

Imagination! $225 million
-Bring back the original ride, with Dreamfinder and Figment. $80 million
-Move ImageWorks back upstairs, with plenty of new exhibits and things to do. $40 million
-Add a new 4D movie, all about creativity, almost psychedelic. $30 million
-Add an Imagineering exhibit that is like the Guggenheim in New York in that it is a spiral. You start at the top with Disneyland, and continue down the spiral through all of Immagineering's feats. At the bottom is a model of Progress City. $75 million

World of Motion $90 million
-Make the attraction actually about the future of transportation, and not just cars. It should include planes, trains, ships, and other more futuristic types of transportation.

Space $125 million
-Completely redo the old WoL pavilion. The central dome has projections on it of space, like a planetarium. It is connected to Mission: Space, which is the main attraction. It also has more, smaller attractions, like the old WoL.

Universe of Energy $80 million
-This show is reworked, Ellen and Bill Nye are removed, and it is given a theme to talk more about renewable technology, and less about fossil fuels.

World Showcase $750 million

Canada $40 million
-Updated film. $20 million
-Something has to be put in the large Hotel, as (correct me if I'm wrong) there is nothing there now. $20 million

France $20 million
-Updated film.

Switzerland $150 million
-A Switzerland pavilion is built, housing a replica of the Matterhorn bobsleds from Disneyland.

Japan $90 million
-Bullet train ride.

it's a small world $70 million
-The American Adventure would be relocated, and in its place would be the classic ride about international unity, with it's bright white and gold facade.

Italy $90 million
-A new ride based on the ancient Roman Empire, going through the Coliseum, a forum, etc.

Germany $80 million
-The Rhine River Cruise is finally built.

The United States $100 million
-A copy of the old American Adventure will be built here, with the old animatronic show too.

China $20 million
-Updated Film.

Norway $25 million
-The Maelstrom is completely refurbished from head to toe, and the film is updated.

Mexico $40 million
-The Three Caballeros are gone, to be replaced by a relaxing cruise through the history of Mexico, from the Aztecs, Mayans, and Toltecs to modern day.

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth $25 million
-The show remains the same, but instead of having the Earth Globe on a barge in the middle of the lagoon, it will be much larger and be built right in front of it's a small world, that way it is easier to see, and can remain there all day.

Well, that's it for now. I'll probably run out of money by the time I get to every park, but oh well. I'll do the Animal Kingdom and the Studios later. Hope you like it!
Why would you add a copy of the original AA? It's nearly identical to the current version.

etc98

Why would you add a copy of the original AA? It's nearly identical to the current version.
Because I wanted iasw to be the centerpiece of world showcase, not the American Adventure. I wanted to move iasw to Epcot, but it felt funny putting it in where it would look like just another country. So I moved the US to be just another country, and I put the theme of peace and unity at the center.

TheKarnivalKid

MAGIC KINGDOM-1,200 Million

MAIN STREET U.S.A.-25 Million

-Add two enclosed arcade paths on either side of Main Street for crowd control.

FRONTIERLAND-265 Million

-Old Unfaithful-Executed as originally planned

-Western River Expedition-Replaces Splash Mountain

-Spinning Oil Barrel Ride-Similar to Maters Junkyard Jamboree

ADVENTURELAND-435 Million

-Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition-A large jeep ride similar to the other Indiana Jones rides.

-Chasm of Doom-High Speed loping roller coaster through the volcanic chamber of the Indiana Jones building.

Aladdin’s Flying Carpets are replaced by a water and plant feature with tiki’s and other themed decorations.

-Jasmine’s Flying Carpets is a newly themed carpet ride similar to the version in Tokyo DisneySea.

-A simulator ride themed to Aladdin in the Agrabah area

-The Sultan’s Palace is a restaurant in Agrabah

-Tikal Base Camp is similar to Tokyo DisneySea’s Yukutan Base Camp restaurant

LIBERTY STREET-90 Million

-A dark ride themed to the evolution of America

-Pilgrim Provisions

TOMORROWLAND-385 Million

-Carousel of Progress is replaced by Plectu’s Intergalactical Revue.

-A roller coaster based on an alien planet.

-Stitch’s Great Escape is replaced by Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter.

-Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Buzz Lightyear are replaced by a dark ride about futurists through history.

-Near the Other alien rides, a flying saucers ride is added, similar to Luigi’s Flying Tires.

EPCOT-1,185 Million

FUTURE WORLD-800 million

New Walkways and Vegetation-20 million

TRANSPORTATION PAVILION-125 million

-World of Motion-Board a futuristic vehicle that is a car, a boat, and a plane as you head off on an adventure through transportation. See how people travel, and how it’s effecting us and the world.

-Aquatopia-Drive around and get splashed by fountains and waterfalls.

ENERGY PAVILION-180 million

-Horizons-New version of the classic ride.

-Spark Gap Electric Loop-A thrilling coaster similar to the original concept.

SPACE PAVILION-180 million

-Journeys in Space-A family dark ride that is themed to space travel that is gentler than Mission:Space

-Maglev Space Walk

THE LAND-35 million

-Soarin’ Through Nature-A nee film for Soarin’ showing scenes of nature, wether it be the great barrier reef or the wide plains of the Serengeti.

-The Circle of Life Theater gets turned into an explorable Earth lab.

THE SEAS-180 million

-Shark Attack!-Underwater shark scientists go into the big blue to do some shark research, and that’s when the sharks get aggressive.

-The Seven Seas-Replacing Nemo and Friends, this ride puts in all the different environments found in oceans and how we affect them and research them.

IMAGINATION PAVILION-80 million

-Imagination-Gets redone to be a 4-d dark ride

-Imageworks is brought back new and improved

WORLD SHOWCASE-385 Million

NORWAY-30 Million

-Maelstrom gets upgrades and a refurb.

CHINA-120 Million

-Dragon roller coaster

GERMANY-55 Million

-Rhine River Cruise-Glide down the Rhine River past German villages and landmarks.

ITALY-75

-The Beautiful Country-A gondola ride through Italy

JAPAN-105 Million

-Mt.Fuji roller coaster

Part 2 Coming Soon!

TheKarnivalKid

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS-2,175 Million

HOLLYWOOD BLVD-5 Million

-Get ride of the hat

STAR WARS LAND(Same as land shown in Ideal Buildout’s Lucasland)-850 Million

-Battle of the Death Star-Same as design created for an attraction called the Warring Coaster.

-Jabba’s Palace Ride-A night of entertainment goes wrong when you are dropped in the Rancor Pit.

-A Full Scale Millennium Falcon walk-through

-A Moisture Vaporator Spinner Ride

-Mos Eisley Pod Racing Circuit

-Storm Trooper Training-A hilarious family ride that trains to be a storm trooper.

-Speeder Bike Roller Coaster

-Mos Eisley Cantina

-Aunt Beru’s Kitchen

PIXAR PLACE-415 Million

-Monsters Inc. Suspended Door Coaster-Fly through the never ending series of doors inside Monsters Incorporated as you enter different rooms, encounter an angry Henry Waternoose, and whiz back to the scare floor with Mike and Sulley.

-Incredibles Kuka Arm Ride

-East Australian Current-Ride the crazy water of the E.A.C. with Crush and Squirt.

-Harryhousen’s

-Pizza Planet

MUPPET STUDIOS-325 Million

-The Great Muppet Movie Ride-Go through the greatest movies of all time, starring the Muppets

-Fozzy Bear’s Comedy Club

-Another Man’s Dream-A walkthrough based on Jim Henson’s life and the history of the Muppets

-Electric Mayhem Ride-When Bunsen and Beaker are setting up the ride and the Electric Mayhem plug their instruments into your ride accidentally and learn their music playing moves the ride vehicle.

-The Swedish Chef’s Kitchen

-The Great Gonzo’s Pandemonium Pizza Parlor

Animation Studios-120 Million

-Expand One Man’s Dream

-Wonderful World of Color-Ride around to blank pieces of paper as you get taken through the process of creating your favorite Disney movies.

-Animator’s Palette

Sunset Boulevard-160 Million

-Re-theme Rock’n’Roller Coasoter to fit in better

-Add a Hyperion Theater facade to the theater

-Create a Snow White dark ride in Carthay Circle Theater

-Carthay Circle Restaurant

TOONTOWN-300 Million

-Mickey’s House

-Minnie’s House

-Donald’s Boat

-Chip and Dale’s Tree

-Goofy’s Fun House

-Mickey’s Philharmagic

-Fireworks Factory-Like Toy Story Midway Mania

ANIMAL KINGDOM-1,380 Million

BEASTLY KINGDOM-505

-Quest of the Unicorn-A gentle roller coaster themed to unicorns.

-Dragon Tower-An extreme coaster themed to an enchanted castle populated by an evil dragon.

-Fantasia Gardens-Fantasia themed family dark ride.

-The Minotaur’s Maze-A slightly scary hedge maze that is home to a hostile minotaur.

-Flight of the Griffindor-A Kuka Arm ride that sends you flying through a mythical land and you encounter a very angry Phoenix.

-Counter service based on the caves inhabited by the Dragon Tower’s bats

AUSTRALIA-265

-Finding Nemo the Musical

-Journey through the Outback-A trackless ride through Australia’s outback.

-Oceania:Adventures at Sea-Ride a Boat through the waterways of Australia, the Great Barrier Reef, and how the water affects the Austalian people.

-Trails Down Under-An Australian Adventure-Walk through a series of trails letting you view koalas, dingos, kangaroos, and other Australian animals up close.

-Sydney’s Harbor Cafe

AMAZON-265 Million

-Amazon River Cruise-Similar to the Jungle Cruise, this boat ride takes you through the Amazon River but uses real animals.

-Treetop Trek-A walkthrough in the Amazon as you walk from treetop to treetop learning about animals, even walk down the trees to ground level to see animals face to face.

-Legend of the Anaconda-Thrilling roller coaster like the Incredible Hulk through the jungle as you encounter a mysterious giant anaconda that has haunted this part of the jungle for generations.

-Churrasco Barraco

-Cassava Cafe

ASIA

-Kali River Rapids gets greatly expanded with rougher rapids, more drops, and closely resembles the size of the originally planned Tiger River Rapids.

PANGEA-345

-Get Rid of any trace of previous theming

-Mammoth Falls-A large flume ride about the ice age and a family of mammoths, a pack of saber tooth tigers, and breaking glaciers.

-Dinosaur gets converted back to Countdown to Extinction

-A Pteranodon spinner ride

-The Excavator-A Big Thunder Mountain like coaster through an archeological dig.

-Cretaceous Trail-A large Dinosaur walkthrough featuring birds, reptiles, and dinosaur animatronics.

I hope whoever makes this post active again likes this!

mharrington

To be honest, walking never hurt anyone... and not really. The path would go from Big Thunder up, then turn with a bridge to Liberty Square (ending the bottleneck), but the path would go forward behind the parking lot and IASW/Mermaid until finally ending up by Storybook Circus (Pinocchio ride by here). NFL already requires a lot of walking as do AK and Epcot...

This would be to expand capacity and allow expansion. Plus, there'd be no bottlenecks since Big Thunder wouldn't be a dead end anymore, and Storybook Circus would be connected to the new area as well. The railroad could potentially add a station to ease the walking

Regardless, though, it would still go through the backstage areas. I'm not sure if it's really possible to move the backstage areas. My concern has nothing to do with management being unwilling to do it, but being unable to do it. I thought that it has always been like that since 1971 and as such, even if one could go back there by way of a roundabout route from Big Thunder, it would still be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom