40th Birthday Bash!!!

My DH is taking me to see my favorite mouse at the end of June/beginning of July for my 40th birthday and surprised me with asking my disney nut friend and partner in crime to go too!! :sohappy:
I'm so excited, but they are asking me if there is anything that I want to do while we are down there. I'm just so excited that I get to be down there with my husband and best friend, that I haven't a clue. Can anyone recommend anything that they could book/order, etc for a milestone birthday? :sohappy::sohappy:

stefan74

You are very lucky! I will be celebrating my 40th birthday in Disney as well in 2014 (2 long years from now!) and I have my plan ready to go. I want to start with a three day Disney Cruise (my first Disney cruise) and then spend 7 nights at the Polynesian (my first time staying there). I want to get park hopper tickets with the Deluxe Dining Plan (first time with DDP, have done regular dining plan before), this way I can use my extra table service credits to eat at Signature Restaurants.

It is my dream 40th birthday trip and I hope I am able to pull this off. Good luck with planning your trip and have a blast!

Upvote 0

MickeysMagic

Original Poster
That sounds really cool!!! What's nice is that you have the time to plan it all out. I'm usually the one to plan our trips, so to not be part of the planning has me completely thrown off. We haven't done a cruise yet. I think I'm afraid of getting sea sick and being sick the rest of the trip. I like the DDP idea!

I'm thinking of maybe going to Downtown Disney to the Design a tee to get t-shirts made up for the 3 of us and we'll have it as a souvenir. But that's the only thing I've come up with so far.

We will be there for 4th of July too, so I need to look into if there are any special fireworks. :cool:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We are going in June and my husband will be turning 40 while we are there. I am also racking my brain to come up with some extra special treats! Have a great birthday.

Upvote 0

shipley731

I celebrated my 40th birthday last year at WDW. DH booked a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk & arranged for some of friends to meet up with us for cocktails & appetizers. We then took the boat across the lake to the Yacht Club marina and went on a Illuminations fireworks cruise. We had a great time.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

MickeysMagic

Original Poster
I celebrated my 40th birthday last year at WDW. DH booked a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk & arranged for some of friends to meet up with us for cocktails & appetizers. We then took the boat across the lake to the Yacht Club marina and went on a Illuminations fireworks cruise. We had a great time.

Have fun!

Where do you book the boats for the Illuminations fireworks cruise?

Upvote 0

MickeysMagic

Original Poster
We are going in June and my husband will be turning 40 while we are there. I am also racking my brain to come up with some extra special treats! Have a great birthday.

Yea!! I see things to do while we're there, but do you think I could remember any of them when I need to.....NOPE! :ROFLOL: Please share if you find something, and I'll do the same.

Someone mentioned to me the new Africa Trek at the AK...but it sounds a little pricey. Over $100/pp.

Upvote 0

shipley731

Where do you book the boats for the Illuminations fireworks cruise?

Just call 407-939-7529. Tell them you are interested in the evening cruise out of the Yacht Club marinara that ends with a viewing of Illuminations. I think the cost is around $350, but you can put up to 10 people on the boat and this includes sodas, bottled waters & chips. There were 7 of us so we felt this was a reasonable deal.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I am also celebrating the big 40 in Disney World this August.

We have planned the illuminations private cruise, the dessert party in Magic Kingdom (dates for August not released yet), and the family magic tour (for my nieces..they are still young).

We decided to splurge a bit and stay at the Board Walk Inn again at Club Level. We stayed last October for a few nights and we were treated like royality.

I would love to do a "chefs table" at Kouzina but, the kids are just to young, they want to ride the rides...lol. I can't say I blame them.

Have fun planning and Happy Birthday!

Upvote 0

tikiman

We were at WDW last October for WDW and my wife's 40th and we did the Grand One fireworks cruise. Well worth the money and something we will not forget. I also booked a cabana at the Polynesian pool all day for her.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We were at WDW last October for WDW and my wife's 40th and we did the Grand One fireworks cruise. Well worth the money and something we will not forget. I also booked a cabana at the Polynesian pool all day for her.

Sweet! Can I forward you my hubby's email address & cell phone number??? My big 4-0 will be June 2014...plenty of time for planning! :D

Upvote 0

MickeysMagic

Original Poster
I am also celebrating the big 40 in Disney World this August.

We have planned the illuminations private cruise, the dessert party in Magic Kingdom (dates for August not released yet), and the family magic tour (for my nieces..they are still young).

We decided to splurge a bit and stay at the Board Walk Inn again at Club Level. We stayed last October for a few nights and we were treated like royality.

I would love to do a "chefs table" at Kouzina but, the kids are just to young, they want to ride the rides...lol. I can't say I blame them.

Have fun planning and Happy Birthday!

Does the Dessert party in the Magic Kingdom run all year long? Or at least at the end of June?

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Does the Dessert party in the Magic Kingdom run all year long? Or at least at the end of June?

I believe the dessert part runs all year round. (If I am wrong someone please correct me.)

The booking dates that open in segments. I am waiting for the August dates to come out.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom