4 adults in a value

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I'm trying to help my niece plan a trip to WDW. She needs it to be as budget as possible. I know the absolute cheapest way to stay on site would be one value room. How do-able is a value with 4 adults?

Anyone have any tips or tricks to share on how to make the most out of the small space? Would you recommend bringing over the door organizers, or pop up hampers? Have 2 people live out of their suitcases and the rest use the drawers? It will not be all girls either, nieces boyfriend will go along, but they don't wish to share a bed. He would rather use an air mattress. Is there space for a double or would it have to be single sized?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Even if it is a don't do it!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Don't do it :D.

Value rooms have double beds (cozy for 2 adults) and there is absolutely no room for an air mattress of any size, once you figure suitcases and other belongings that 4 people will have. There is a single sink so space for grooming items will be tight...and only one bathroom can be awkward for unrelated people (especially if it is one guy and three girls.)

I know there are others who will disagree with me or who have done it...but 4 adults in a small space (even if only using the room to sleep/shower) is bound to cause stress on what should be a vacation.

daisyduckie

Original Poster
That would be an awful experience.

Does anyone have a tent they can borrow? Fort Wilderness would be a viable option.

Would it be possible to send a tent and supplies down and not have it cost a small fortune to ship there and back? I'm thinking tent and air mattresses. Or even 2 small tents? They wouldn't be opposed to camping, I don't think.

dreamfinder

It can be done, but you would be closer to a single pool float than an actual air mattress. Or even just using the blankets. It's no worse than your average college dorm room. Remember you need to pay the extra charges for the 2 extra adults in a room. So you would be adding $40ish per night I believe. You may end up doing better if one of then is 25+ staying offsite and renting a car.

Would it be possible to send a tent and supplies down and not have it cost a small fortune to ship there and back? I'm thinking tent and air mattresses. Or even 2 small tents? They wouldn't be opposed to camping, I don't think.

Depends on how compact you can actually camp. If they could do a backpacking tent/sleeping bag, they could pack it on the airplane with them.

Alternately, there are companies that would rent an RV. But at that point just do the upgrade to a moderate.

Rob562

I've stayed once with three of us (all male) in a single room at Pop Century. We've been friends for a long time and gone on road trips together (sharing tight car space and budget motel rooms) so it was OK, but throwing a fourth in there would have been too many, especially if it was for a week. If the people in the group haven't traveled together before, it's just asking for issues.

Look into booking two rooms. If there's a room discount available, you can go on Orbitz and try stacking an Orbitz discount code (sometimes as much as 15%) on top of the Disney discount to save some extra money.

If they're looking to be frugal with money, forego a Table Service meal or two (or all Table Service), pack breakfast food items, stick to non-hopper tickets. Saving a few dollars that way won't majorly affect the overall vacation, whereas a miserable hotel experience will drag down the entire trip.

-Rob

Last edited:

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I'm already figuring on no park hoppers and maybe only one table service meal. As I said my niece wants this trip as cheap as possible. Her and her boyfriend are in their early 20s, and saving for a wedding, though they are not yet engaged.

Missymoe4

Don't do it :D.

Value rooms have double beds (cozy for 2 adults) and there is absolutely no room for an air mattress of any size, once you figure suitcases and other belongings that 4 people will have. There is a single sink so space for grooming items will be tight...and only one bathroom can be awkward for unrelated people (especially if it is one guy and three girls.)

I know there are others who will disagree with me or who have done it...but 4 adults in a small space (even if only using the room to sleep/shower) is bound to cause stress on what should be a vacation.

Actually, we did stay at the Pop for one night (4 adults) and an air mattress on the ground. There is absolutely no room, so when that mattress went down, no one is really walking around. If we stayed any longer than one night, we probably would have had major problems. Its just so small!

Can the OP look into renting DVC points? Saratoga looks to go pretty cheap?!

DManRightHere

When I was younger it was kind of fun to squeeze a bunch of people into a hotel room!

As long as they guy is respectful of space, I say go for it.

As for getting ready, I just took a shower at night. That way I didn't have to wait on anyone in the AM. So if 2 people will take a shower at night that could save a lot of time in the AM.

As for room, definitely a single air mattress. I've used an air mattress and I think I moved a table between the exterior wall and the bed and put the air mattress where the table was. So that at least gives a little walking room. I think that was at PO though. All star sports looks kind of similar.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My friends and I (5 people total) are staying at the Art of Animation resort in a family suite with a package that included a free counter service meal per day and theme park tickets for every person per day. The total cost of that was $3,500.

My advice is to keep checking the Disney World website weekly to see what kind of package deals show up... Because the free counter service deal, I snatched up back in February for my July trip in a few weeks.. And that'll save us a lot of money.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As for room, definitely a single air mattress. I've used an air mattress and I think I moved a table between the exterior wall and the bed and put the air mattress where the table was. So that at least gives a little walking room. I think that was at PO though. All star sports looks kind of similar.
Though an All Star room footprint looks similar to PO, the square footage of a value room is less than a moderate and there would be no walking room with an air mattress on the ground as @Missymoe4 experienced.

Polydweller

Though an All Star room footprint looks similar to PO, the square footage of a value room is less than a moderate and there would be no walking room with an air mattress on the ground as @Missymoe4 experienced.
True and it's important that nothing block the egress from the room in case of emergency and there is only one egress. An emergency is a low probability event but with extreme consequences if something goes wrong. You have far less time to get out in an emergency than you'd think. You can have up to 90 seconds but circumstances can make it less than half that. As a hotelier I have to say just don't take the risk of an air mattress in a room as small as a value.

DManRightHere

Not sure if this is to scale. But we moved the table along with chairs to the the corner beside a bed and put the air mattress that is about 3 foot wide along the wall where table was. During the day we just swapped the table and mattress positions.

image.png

DManRightHere

True and it's important that nothing block the egress from the room in case of emergency and there is only one egress. An emergency is a low probability event but with extreme consequences if something goes wrong. You have far less time to get out in an emergency than you'd think. You can have up to 90 seconds but circumstances can make it less than half that. As a hotelier I have to say just don't take the risk of an air mattress in a room as small as a value.

Where do you find the information "up to 90 seconds"? I'm not implying you're wrong or anything, I am just curious where the information is from.

Polydweller

Where do you find the information "up to 90 seconds"? I'm not implying you're wrong or anything, I am just curious where the information is from.
At the conferences for hotelier's that we all attend, current fire safety knowledge and planning is almost always covered. The standard we keep hearing is you want everyone evacuated in a fire in no more than 90 seconds. The real killer is smoke and you'll likely be over come within that time. The closer to the fire and the more smoke and the more toxic the smoke the faster that can be. In other words, the faster you get out the better.

Our group operates in many jurisdictions and the fire codes in most make 90 seconds the maximum egress time for all guests but in planning we usually work to get 60 seconds and want the fastest we can. Other jurisdictions may differ. Guest safety in emergency is one of our highest goals.

DManRightHere

At the conferences for hotelier's that we all attend, current fire safety knowledge and planning is almost always covered. The standard we keep hearing is you want everyone evacuated in a fire in no more than 90 seconds. The real killer is smoke and you'll likely be over come within that time. The closer to the fire and the more smoke and the more toxic the smoke the faster that can be. In other words, the faster you get out the better.

Our group operates in many jurisdictions and the fire codes in most make 90 seconds the maximum egress time for all guests but in planning we usually work to get 60 seconds and want the fastest we can. Other jurisdictions may differ. Guest safety in emergency is one of our highest goals.

Wow, that just seems impossible to me. That is completely evacuating an entire building, guests and all? I would think some hotels would takd you over 90 seconds to run to an exit. Not forgetting potential elderly that can not get around as well..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom