4 adults in a value

Polydweller

Wow, that just seems impossible to me. That is completely evacuating an entire building, guests and all? I would think some hotels would takd you over 90 seconds to run to an exit. Not forgetting potential elderly that can not get around as well..
That's why there is only so much occupancy allowed for each egress. Each one can only accommodate so many people per the time period. It's also why people should pay attention to where their exit is and know how to get there.

As for any party that has mobility issues most hotels I know try to accommodate them on lower floors and near exits. There are somewhat different standards for skyscraper type buildings. It's still about 90 seconds to fire safe egress, basically where you safe from fire and smoke though not completely outside. The fire marshals know them better than us and they are consulted about proper structures, design, and procedures all throughout design and construction, at least the way we do it.

Missymoe4

Though an All Star room footprint looks similar to PO, the square footage of a value room is less than a moderate and there would be no walking room with an air mattress on the ground as @Missymoe4 experienced.

Very true @Tuvalu! We placed ours between the door and the foot of the bed closest to the door. It definitely was not safe if we had to exit. (On the other end, no one was gonna get in, either!). I would never try it again, we wanted to stay for emh before heading home and this was the only way to cheaply make it work.

Kate Alan

I routinely travel with four adults in one room at Pop Century, and though it requires some forethought into bathroom scheduling, we've never had an issue. We aren't bothered by it one bit - then again, we are also only in the room to shower and to sleep. However, we also share the beds - I can't imagine putting an air mattress in there.

durangojim

It's hard enough for my wife and I to do with with our 10 and 8 year old kids. I can't imagine having 4 adults in the room together. We've decided the lowest we'll go now days is a moderate, and even that is pushing it a little.

slappy magoo

Either rent DVC points, or see about one of the Disney Springs hotels. You wouldn't get as many of the perks of staying onsite at a Disney Spring hotel but you'll get way more space (and likely bigger beds) for the money.
disneyspringshotels.com

The rooms are very tiny. There will be no privacy for the entire week.

Not to be cynical but considering the couple in this scenario are planning to get married, anyone else think the "oh, he's going to sleep on an air mattress" is more of a "suuuuuuuure you are" LWL to keep peace in the fam?

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Either rent DVC points, or see about one of the Disney Springs hotels. You wouldn't get as many of the perks of staying onsite at a Disney Spring hotel but you'll get way more space (and likely bigger beds) for the money.
disneyspringshotels.com

The rooms are very tiny. There will be no privacy for the entire week.

Not to be cynical but considering the couple in this scenario are planning to get married, anyone else think the "oh, he's going to sleep on an air mattress" is more of a "suuuuuuuure you are" LWL to keep peace in the fam?

It isn't though. There have been times where they could have shared a bed, they they have decided to not. It wouldn't bother me if they did, they are both adults. Whatever makes the happy.

daringstoic

I've stayed with four adults in the room at Pop and one of the All Stars. We had no problems at all, but each stay involved three very low maintenance women and a male friend who choose to sleep on the floor. It also helped that most of us were showing at night every day so we could just get up and go in the morning. It's definitely doable, but might depend on the personalities and relationship of the people involved. For us, as poor college kids, cost was a huge motivator and we went cheap on the hotel so we could afford plane tickets and nice meals in the parks.

morningstar

I have done it with 3 adults. I'd say it was fine. Some people are too particular about their comfort. Those people aren't going to give the best advice about an ultra-budget trip.

Also, we went during a free dining plan promotion. The more adults you fit into a room, the more value you're getting out of that free dining. Sometimes, people say a room discount or ticket discount package is better than free dining, but I doubt it with four adults.

Cowboy Steve

That's why there is only so much occupancy allowed for each egress. Each one can only accommodate so many people per the time period. It's also why people should pay attention to where their exit is and know how to get there.

As for any party that has mobility issues most hotels I know try to accommodate them on lower floors and near exits. There are somewhat different standards for skyscraper type buildings. It's still about 90 seconds to fire safe egress, basically where you safe from fire and smoke though not completely outside. The fire marshals know them better than us and they are consulted about proper structures, design, and procedures all throughout design and construction, at least the way we do it.

Interesting. At the budget/moderate resorts it really shouldn't be an issue as they all have outside access directly from the room. 4 healthy adults in their early 20s should make it out in seconds. 90 seconds *may* be a realistic expectation in a modern hotel that is designed to that standard. Where you tend to run into problems are older buildings and multi-story buildings (above 3 or 4 stories). There the egress expectations are heavily influenced by the jurisdiction and the building itself. Problem is, fire alarms in hotels are like car alarms... everyone tends to ignore them. So on the rare occasion there really is a fire... most of the occupants won't even know it until first responders or hotel personnel tell them lol.

Interestingly, Reedy Creek Fire does quarterly inspections of everything on the property. Most jurisdictions the fire inspections are annual... lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom