30 day final payment

tinkhag6

So our 30 day final payment is coming up. My mom who still has to pay for her trip is away with no internet (doesn't even have a smart phone) or access to computer. The payment is due on the 1st, but she won't be home to pay it til the 6th. How long do you think before Disney would just cancel her trip. If I make payments for her daily til she gets home, do you think that can hold it from them cancelling it?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Room cancellation policies are different from a package. Rooms have a final payment of 5 days prior vs 30 days for a package. I do believe OP is talking about a package.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Room cancellation policies are different from a package. Rooms have a final payment of 5 days prior vs 30 days for a package. I do believe OP is talking about a package.
Actually, room-only reservations do not require final payment 5 days prior as the remaining balance is not due until check-in day. If you cancel a room-only ressie less than 5 days prior, you will lose the one night deposit which was paid on the day you booked. :)

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Not trying to be snarky, but don't think every detail is needed. But if you must know, my dad has MS and my mom had to pay for his medical bills (hospital, medicine, doctors, etc.) with the money they were going to use to pay for the trip. However, the money will be available when they get back. And their response is irrelevant to the question. Asking me a question back as to why it wasn't taken care of before hand is unnecessary and unhelpful. Was trying to be discrete as possible without throwing out their whole situation. And again it doesn't matter the situation of if they are unreachable or not. The question is simple if a final payment is due Sept 1. Does anyone know how long it will take Disney to cancel it completely (maybe i should have just originally asked this without any details) if it is not paid in full?

People are nosey. I was wondering the same as well. We heard half a story and wanted to know more.

I agree, prompt communication with Disney is the way to go. They can at least note you have intentions of paying and hopefully give some grace/sympathy.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Oooh - A bit touchy aren't we - I only asked a question as to "why" and you not answering it doesn't help me to picture why she didn't do it.

Virtually every adult in the modern world has a credit card - she could have paid on that before she went wherever she's gone, then when she receives the bill she is able to pay with the money you state that she will have - a credit card bill can be settled up to 56 days after you spend something on it.

So are you going to tell us where your mum is without means to pay - or do we guess ?

I was going to completely disagree that almost all people have a credit card, but it looks like average credit scores for states are over 700. Which should mean most people do have credit cards with decent credit.

I've worked in retail and credit services, it was not hard to find folks that could not obtain any credit.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

The key is call if you call they will work with you if you don't call, I had a friend who got her days messed up and by day 32 hers was cancelled and the room she had was unavailable and she was unable to get it back ended up having to upgrade room categories and cost her more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JrBernal83

It depends who you speak to. I had some things come up and I was able to make my payment 6 days after the due date. I had a friend who wasn't so lucky. I even received my bands before I made my final payment. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Sparksfly

Geez the Internet has made such a large amount of the population into self entitled goons. We don't need to know every detail of everyone's life or situation. We really dont. It saddens me to see people come on the Internet and tear people apart for no reason. OP you had good reason to keep details of your situation to yourself and your question without those details was very logical and should have been easy to answer for most on here (not inclung me, but I can imagine others would know). I wish you luck on your resevations/vacation and best wishes to your mother and father.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Oooh - A bit touchy aren't we - I only asked a question as to "why" and you not answering it doesn't help me to picture why she didn't do it.

Virtually every adult in the modern world has a credit card - she could have paid on that before she went wherever she's gone, then when she receives the bill she is able to pay with the money you state that she will have - a credit card bill can be settled up to 56 days after you spend something on it.

So are you going to tell us where your mum is without means to pay - or do we guess ?
Sorry, I know this is few weeks old but I have to respond. Why? is none of your business. The OP really just asked the question "How long do you think before Disney would just cancel her trip?" The reason she is not available is irrelevant. Stop being a PITA

Upvote 0

tinkhag6

Original Poster
You're as touchy as the OP. Read the whole thread and discover why the OP felt the need to lie - I stand by my comments. You're a PITA for resurrecting a buried thread and sticking your nose where it doesn't belong :p
If anyone is touching it is you. You seem to have a real attitude problem. You go on the attack to anyone that doesn't agree with you. (Not just this thread) Instead of just being kind you rather try to dig and find out things. Not one word I said was a lie and I feel bad for you that you are so tainted to think that everyone lies. I gave the info that I thought was important , but again it is really no ones business, I was looking for advice. Pretty sad when all you want to do is belittle everyone when you could have clearly stated I don't know or not said anything. You think a website dedicated to the most magical place on earth would have people that are kinder and that are generally willing to help you instead of tearing people down and being nosy to find out any personal info. I thank the people on hear that showed me kindness.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Don't you think if she had the money before she left she would have paid to avoid this now?
"You go on the attack to anyone that doesn't agree with you" Sound Familiar ??

Not trying to be snarky, but don't think every detail is needed.
Nor was lying about it

And their response is irrelevant to the question. Asking me a question back as to why it wasn't taken care of before hand is unnecessary and unhelpful.
"You go on the attack to anyone that doesn't agree with you"

If anyone is touching it is you. You seem to have a real attitude problem. You go on the attack to anyone that doesn't agree with you. (Not just this thread) Instead of just being kind you rather try to dig and find out things. Not one word I said was a lie and I feel bad for you that you are so tainted to think that everyone lies. I gave the info that I thought was important , but again it is really no ones business, I was looking for advice. Pretty sad when all you want to do is belittle everyone when you could have clearly stated I don't know or not said anything. You think a website dedicated to the most magical place on earth would have people that are kinder and that are generally willing to help you instead of tearing people down and being nosy to find out any personal info. I thank the people on hear that showed me kindness.
You assume too much about someone you don't know - don't try to judge others

Mods you can close this thread!
This is the most sensible thing you've said

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Now that this has been resurrected.....What was the outcome? Was your mother able to get the payment in or did Disney allow the late payment? Just wondering because if Disney allowed an extension or came up with a payment plan that might help others to know in case they are in a similar situation later.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom