30 day final payment

tinkhag6

So our 30 day final payment is coming up. My mom who still has to pay for her trip is away with no internet (doesn't even have a smart phone) or access to computer. The payment is due on the 1st, but she won't be home to pay it til the 6th. How long do you think before Disney would just cancel her trip. If I make payments for her daily til she gets home, do you think that can hold it from them cancelling it?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You can always pay in advance of the payment date. She can call and place the payment, or you could call and finalize the payment for her either with her card or one of your own and have her pay you back.

Upvote 0

21stamps

You can always pay in advance of the payment date. She can call and place the payment, or you could call and finalize the payment for her either with her card or one of your own and have her pay you back.
It sounds like she's already away.

OP- is she somewhere that is un reachable? As in on a cruise or Kenyan safari or something? If she's at a hotel can you just call her there, or ask the front desk to deliver a message to her room with instructions to call you? That way you can just get her card number and pay for her. Worst case, if she is completely off the grid, just pay for her and get reimbursed when she returns, better than losing her room!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It sounds like she's already away.

OP- is she somewhere that is un reachable? As in on a cruise or Kenyan safari or something? If she's at a hotel can you just call her there, or ask the front desk to deliver a message to her room with instructions to call you? That way you can just get her card number and pay for her. Worst case, if she is completely off the grid, just pay for her and get reimbursed when she returns, better than losing her room!

Yes, but like you point out unless she is completely off the grid she should be able to call and make a payment. :)

Upvote 0

tinkhag6

Original Poster
My room is already paid for, and if i could have done any of the above you mentioned for my mom i would have. So does anyone know in general how many days after the final payment due date will they cancel her room?

Upvote 0

tinkhag6

Original Poster
Why didn't she pay before she went away ?
Don't you think if she had the money before she left she would have paid to avoid this now? She will have the money when she gets back. Just trying to get a general idea if anyone knows about when they will cancel a room after the final payment date. Asking me why she didn't pay before she left doesn't answer my question, nor provide any insight into my mom's current situation.

Upvote 0

tinkhag6

Original Poster
Can you pay it for her using her card number? Or if she has a regular phone, just have her call 407-W-DISNEY to make the payment. It doesn't have to be done online.

-Rob
I am hoping to be able to pay for her this week, but if i couldn't i was just trying to get a general idea anyone knows if the room would still be held 5 days after final payment is due.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
:facepalm:

Don't you think if she had the money before she left she would have paid to avoid this now? She will have the money when she gets back. Just trying to get a general idea if anyone knows about when they will cancel a room after the final payment date. Asking me why she didn't pay before she left doesn't answer my question, nor provide any insight into my mom's current situation.
I don't think @CAPTAIN HOOK had any reason to assume your mom was unable to pay before she left to wherever she went. The situation you're describing is extremely unusual (person completely unreachable by any modern communication device with a Disney vacation booked that she doesn't have the money to pay for), so you shouldn't be snarking at people for not understanding every little detail of your situation.

Upvote 0

tinkhag6

Original Poster
:facepalm:

I don't think @CAPTAIN HOOK had any reason to assume your mom was unable to pay before she left to wherever she went. The situation you're describing is extremely unusual (person completely unreachable by any modern communication device with a Disney vacation booked that she doesn't have the money to pay for), so you shouldn't be snarking at people for not understanding every little detail of your situation.
Not trying to be snarky, but don't think every detail is needed. But if you must know, my dad has MS and my mom had to pay for his medical bills (hospital, medicine, doctors, etc.) with the money they were going to use to pay for the trip. However, the money will be available when they get back. And their response is irrelevant to the question. Asking me a question back as to why it wasn't taken care of before hand is unnecessary and unhelpful. Was trying to be discrete as possible without throwing out their whole situation. And again it doesn't matter the situation of if they are unreachable or not. The question is simple if a final payment is due Sept 1. Does anyone know how long it will take Disney to cancel it completely (maybe i should have just originally asked this without any details) if it is not paid in full?

Upvote 0

21stamps

Not trying to be snarky, but don't think every detail is needed. But if you must know, my dad has MS and my mom had to pay for his medical bills (hospital, medicine, doctors, etc.) with the money they were going to use to pay for the trip. However, the money will be available when they get back. And their response is irrelevant to the question. Asking me a question back as to why it wasn't taken care of before hand is unnecessary and unhelpful. Was trying to be discrete as possible without throwing out their whole situation. And again it doesn't matter the situation of if they are unreachable or not. The question is simple if a final payment is due Sept 1. Does anyone know how long it will take Disney to cancel it completely (maybe i should have just originally asked this without any details) if it is not paid in full?
I think that question would have been easier to answer. I've worded a post the wrong way plenty of times! We were all just kind of shocked that in the year 2016 someone would be un reachable. Unless on a cruise, Safari, ice fishing trip etc. all of which seem like a situation where you would have paid beforehand. What you described here is completely understandable.

I wish you luck! Just call Disney as the previous poster said.

Upvote 0

tinkhag6

Original Poster
I think that question would have been easier to answer. I've worded a post the wrong way plenty of times! We were all just kind of shocked that in the year 2016 someone would be unreachable. Unless on a cruise, Safari, ice fishing trip etc. all of which seem like a situation where you would have paid beforehand. What you described here is completely understandable.

I wish you luck! Just call Disney as the previous poster said.

Thank you. I appreciate your response!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Oooh - A bit touchy aren't we - I only asked a question as to "why" and you not answering it doesn't help me to picture why she didn't do it.

Virtually every adult in the modern world has a credit card - she could have paid on that before she went wherever she's gone, then when she receives the bill she is able to pay with the money you state that she will have - a credit card bill can be settled up to 56 days after you spend something on it.

So are you going to tell us where your mum is without means to pay - or do we guess ?

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

my dad has MS and my mom had to pay for his medical bills (hospital, medicine, doctors, etc.) with the money they were going to use to pay for the trip.
So you lied in your post about internets, phone and computers etc and then you get all aggressive when people ask questions.

If you'd come clean from the opening sentence people may have had more insight into your predicament and been able to help you.

I asked why she didn't pay and you're straight down my throat like a stuck chicken bone.

Do you really expect any further help ?

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

My mom who still has to pay for her trip is away with no internet (doesn't even have a smart phone) or access to computer.

Don't you think if she had the money before she left she would have paid to avoid this now? She will have the money when she gets back. .

my dad has MS and my mom had to pay for his medical bills (hospital, medicine, doctors, etc.) with the money they were going to use to pay for the trip. However, the money will be available when they get back.

Being forthright in your first post would have eliminated all the queries about why she didn't just call Disney from wherever she was. And the fact still remains that if she hasn't maxed out all of her/their credit cards, she could still just call and make the final payment with a credit card. She would have a full billing cycle to pay it off.

If she has maxed out all her cards then she should still call Disney and arrange for an extention on her due date to avoid having the reservation cancelled.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Disney is very strict with the pay by 30 days prior. If you booked directly through them, contact them and explain what is going on and I am sure that they will work with your for a few days at least.

Good luck!

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom