21st Birthday suggestions!

ArielandFlounder

Original Poster
Hi all! For my and my best friends 21st birthday celebration in May, we're going down to Disney. We're obviously drinking around the world and all that jazz but my parents are taking us out for a special birthday dinner and the location is up to us. My first choice is Be Our Guest but reservations are almost impossible so I'm trying to figure out where we should go. Suggestions please?? :D

NiarrNDisney

Depends on what your are looking for do you:

Want entertainment?
Want a more adult friendly place with a nightlife feel?
Want to dine inside or outside of the parks?
What type of cuisine are you looking for?
Any other information...

ArielandFlounder

Original Poster
Have you thought about a dinner show? You could have a blast (and adult beverages) at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness. It's great fun.
I haven't thought about that! I haven't been to Hoop Dee Doo since i was 13 so it didn't cross my mind. I think my parents want a little bit more formal dinner but maybe I'll try to get there another night during the trip

ArielandFlounder

Original Poster
Depends on what your are looking for do you:

Want entertainment?
Want a more adult friendly place with a nightlife feel?
Want to dine inside or outside of the parks?
What type of cuisine are you looking for?
Any other information...

I'm open to anything really except it has to be on the more formal side so no buffets. I was thinking about Hollywood Brown Derby or Le Cellier.

Sweet Melissa

I think the best meals for a celebration can be found outside the parks at some of the signature restaurants. Since you want it to be on the more formal side, I'd look to those. California Grill is a great place to celebrate as the staff makes every table feel special. Jiko is excellent if you like adventurous flavors. Todd English's bluezoo has wonderful seafood and the best cocktails on property. Il Mulino is the best for Italian food lovers, and their bar is pretty outstanding too. Those last two would be great if you want to cap off your night with some fun at Jellyrolls, the dueling piano bar. It's a fun time, and they play a good mix of contemporary hits and classics that both generations will enjoy.

ArielandFlounder

Original Poster
I think the best meals for a celebration can be found outside the parks at some of the signature restaurants. Since you want it to be on the more formal side, I'd look to those. California Grill is a great place to celebrate as the staff makes every table feel special. Jiko is excellent if you like adventurous flavors. Todd English's bluezoo has wonderful seafood and the best cocktails on property. Il Mulino is the best for Italian food lovers, and their bar is pretty outstanding too. Those last two would be great if you want to cap off your night with some fun at Jellyrolls, the dueling piano bar. It's a fun time, and they play a good mix of contemporary hits and classics that both generations will enjoy.
this was so helpful! thank you so much! I'm debating between Jellyrolls or Paradiso 37 for our nightcap.

Sweet Melissa

this was so helpful! thank you so much! I'm debating between Jellyrolls or Paradiso 37 for our nightcap.
You're welcome! Paradiso 37 is not my favorite place to grab a drink, but the upsides to it are that it's free to enter (unlike Jellyrolls which has a cover charge), and it's in close proximity at Disney Springs to other good bars like Raglan Road and the new Jock Lindsey's.

To further complicate your decision, I'll throw Kimonos at the Swan into the mix for nightcap suggestions. They do karaoke in the evenings, if that's something you guys would enjoy. The drinks and sushi are lovely too.

ArielandFlounder

Original Poster
You're welcome! Paradiso 37 is not my favorite place to grab a drink, but the upsides to it are that it's free to enter (unlike Jellyrolls which has a cover charge), and it's in close proximity at Disney Springs to other good bars like Raglan Road and the new Jock Lindsey's.

To further complicate your decision, I'll throw Kimonos at the Swan into the mix for nightcap suggestions. They do karaoke in the evenings, if that's something you guys would enjoy. The drinks and sushi are lovely too.
oh my gosh i didn't even think about Kimonos! Everything is so complicated now :p

NiarrNDisney

I'm open to anything really except it has to be on the more formal side so no buffets. I was thinking about Hollywood Brown Derby or Le Cellier.

Hollywood Brown Derby is a great choice
You may also like:

Artist Point (WL)
BlueZoo (Dolphin)
BoatHouse (DS)
California Grill (CR)
Il Mulino Trattoria (Swan)
Jiko (AKL)
STK (DS) once it opens
the Wave (CR)
Wolfgang Puck Grand Café The Dining Room (DS-WS)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I haven't thought about that! I haven't been to Hoop Dee Doo since i was 13 so it didn't cross my mind. I think my parents want a little bit more formal dinner but maybe I'll try to get there another night during the trip

And a bonus to Hoop Dee Doo you get unlimited food, sangrias and beer (they have several different bottled beers to choose from) included in your price. Wonderful show and great food and drinks as well. :p
For a fancier dining experience I would say California Grill and ask
For a table with a view of the castle.
We love both of these choices I have mentioned. And many others but these would be great ideas for your 21st. :)

Last edited:

Jamie J

I agree with the Cali Grill suggestions. The food at BOG is just blah, in my opinion, as I know there are some people who really love it. I didn't enjoy it at all. Teppan Edo can also end up being a fun choice if you have a cook who engages the table!

danyoung56

If the big bash is in May, there's pretty much no way they could get a table at the California Grill. They could go up and sit at the bar with no rez, and they could dine from the full menu. But that may not be the "formal" dinner they're looking for.

Sweet Melissa

If the big bash is in May, there's pretty much no way they could get a table at the California Grill. They could go up and sit at the bar with no rez, and they could dine from the full menu. But that may not be the "formal" dinner they're looking for.
Why do you say that? I searched a bunch of random days in May, weekdays and weekends alike, and found availability on all of them. Even Memorial Day has open reservations.

BuddyThomas

My vote is for California Grill, especially if you can time it so that you'll be up there for the fireworks. One of my most amazing dining experiences. But only do it if money is no object. We were a party of two, and without even trying too hard, our bill (with 20% tip) was just under $300.00. Yikes!
cali grill.jpg

danyoung56

Why do you say that? I searched a bunch of random days in May, weekdays and weekends alike, and found availability on all of them. Even Memorial Day has open reservations.

Really? I say that because the California Grill is famous for booking up solid 180 days in advance. Glad to hear there are open dates. If you can find a table, go for it - it's really a terrific restaurant!

Princess Kaylee

Hi all! For my and my best friends 21st birthday celebration in May, we're going down to Disney. We're obviously drinking around the world and all that jazz but my parents are taking us out for a special birthday dinner and the location is up to us. My first choice is Be Our Guest but reservations are almost impossible so I'm trying to figure out where we should go. Suggestions please?? :D

Cinderellas Royal Table, Akershus, Crystal Palace, 1900 park fare dinner.

Disney4family

For a magical, princess celebration - Cinderella's Royal Table
For a magical, grown-up celebration - California Grill (with fireworks as your personal woo-hoo!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom