Trip Report 21 Cajuns live trip report

So I some what updated the trip some in my pretrip report. I will try to post nightly.

So we were up at 3:00 am and met up with a few others to start the trip.
IMG_9719830729121.jpeg
10 hours and a few stops later we arrived at Best Western on Hotel Row in DTD.
We decided to walk to DTD and get dinner and hang out for a little. Our choice was easy, Splitsville. We could dine and hang out while the kids bowled all at the same time.
20150215_193849.jpg

LilWalt

Original Poster
Day 3 AK

We got to the park fairly early to get to our 1st FP.
AK front.jpg

PeW was our 1st FP. Pretty fun ride but not wait very long to ride it. The kids love it so we FP it every year.
AK prime.jpg

After that we stayed in that area for a while and played some games and got a snack. The crowds were still pretty mild in Dinoland so it wasn't so bad. Then we headed towards FP #2.
AK ME1.jpg

AK ME2.jpg
AK ME4.jpg

DS will ride this with us but it is definitely not his favorite. He hates the Yeti so I guess its a good thing that the original Yeti is not there anymore or I would never be able to get him on the ride.
We then had time to kill before our last FP of the day. We decided to head to Africa. Face painting has become a yearly thing now. They do pretty well with it and do it pretty fast too.
Ak D.jpg

After that we headed to see FotLK. We haven't seen it since it moved to its new location. My son and wife didn't really remember the show to well so I am glad we got to see it.
AK Lion.jpg

LilWalt

Original Poster
After this it was close to time for our last FP of the day at KS. We truly love to ride this even if it never changes. We have a Global Wildlife by our house that is a pretty similar type thing without the Disney touch. Then we did the nature walk and saw the gorillas and a few other animals.

Then it was time for our ADR at Tusker House. We had eaten here before and loved the food and had a great experience. This time the food was good but the experience started off bad. We arrived to the restaurant a little early and checked in. This was the second reservation that did not have us in the system so they had to find us a different way. Once that was taken care of we just waited outside, well after about 30 minutes of sitting in the cold I went to desk and asked about how much longer would the wait be. The first girl I talked to couldn't find us again and told her that I had a buzzer if that would help. The girl that checked us in walked up and remembered checking us in then said that we were already seated. I politely stated that we weren't seated and were still waiting in the cold. Our ADR was for 7 people. That has never been an issue before and said they were having a hard time finding a table to seat us. So we agreed to be separated just to speed this up. It was getting close to 7 and getting colder as it got darker. Once we were seated they put the party of 4 at a table that sat 6 kind of in a corner. All they needed to do was add a chair and we could have sat together. The only good thing was by the time we were done eating we were the only people at the park and got some good pictures with nobody in them.
AK tree night.jpg

After this we decided to call it a night and headed back to the hotel for the night.

Next up MK again.

Last edited:

mrdrift

Sorry to hear about the lost reservations. At least the food was good and you got to see the park when everyone else was gone. Following along.

LilWalt

Original Poster
Sorry its been so long to get to my last 2 days. Work has had a few changes so that has kept me busy.

Day 4, MK again.

MK day 2.jpg

We were up pretty early in hopes to catch the rope drop but we were a little late. When we walked outside it was freezing (understand this is coming from someone that lives in the south and anything under 50 is freezing). I have never worn so much clothes at Disney. We still got to the park a little after 9am headed straight to SpM. It was short wait and so why not.
After riding we hopped on the monorail to head to our ADR for breakfast at O'Hana. We absolutely love this place and eat here every year. Most of the 21 of us had reservations here around the same time.
Ohana.jpg

As always it did not disappoint. Then back to MK for a full day and night of FUN!

Last edited:

LilWalt

Original Poster
For some reason after breakfast we didn't take many pictures. So this will be reading without the pleasure of some pictures.
By this time the crowds started to get bigger so the waits got longer. We used our fastpasses for the day but don't recall exactly what they were... By this time we caught up with some of the rest of the group and did somethings that we didn't do on Day 2. First we danced at the Incredible's Dance Party then took in a classic in Carousel of Progress. I love that ride but would like to see it updated with maybe some new decades and a more updated present time scene.
Next we headed to HM. DS will go on this but definitely not a big fan. he doesn't like dark. After this we headed to PotC. I guess the day was spent mostly taking in the classics. Most of the group were adults and PotC thinks 4 people should fit in a row, needless to say it was a tight squeeze and made for some laughs. By this time we decided to head back to the resort and take a break. EMH were till 2am and we intended on taking full advantage.

LilWalt

Original Poster
I will have to finish it without pictures. Either we never uploaded them or just stopped taking them.

We went to MK that night for EMH that lasted until 2am. Only about 8 of the 21 decided to go back since it was in the 30s by this time. The crowds were very small with the weather being so cold.

We headed straight to SM to ride. The wait was only 10-15 minutes so we rode a few times and then headed to the other side of the park to take in BTM and 7DMT. Big Thunder Mountain had 0 wait and if no one was in line for your car you could just stay in and keep riding. So it was an advantage not to pick the very back or very front. Some of us rode up to 4 or 5 times in a row. Then we rode 7DMT and it had a minimal wait so we rode that a couple times. By this time it was after midnight and absolutely freezing and riding outside rollercoasters did not help. We were all pretty cold and tired by this time so we called it a night/morning.

Last day was EPCOT

DonnaOnTheRocks

I was in MK that same night, after Wishes it was about 30 degrees so everyone cleared out. Did all of Tomorrowland in less than an hour, plus Space Mountain 2 or 3 times in a row. Also did HM twice, was COLD, but so much fun! Enjoying your TR's

LilWalt

Original Poster
Our last day to go to the Parks was EPCOT.
The weather had gotten a little bit better but still fairly cold. With such a late night on the night before we slept in a little. Our first fastpass was for Soarin' so we headed straight there to get that in before our reservations at Teppin Edo. If you have never eaten there I highly recommend it. The atmosphere is great and the food is great, also gives you a ton to eat. After lunch we just hung out in the world for a while. This is my wife's favorite thing to do. I am not such a big fan of the countries but I can do it for her. After doing that for a while we decided to head back towards the Land and do some of things around there.
Living on the Land is such a simple ride but we do it every year at least once. Not sure what it is about it but we love it. After that finally went to see what all the fuss is about with Captain EO. Now I can say I have seen it and may never again. May have been cool when it first came out but I rather Honey I Shrunk the Audience.
By this time it was late afternoon so we got some dinner at The Land. The pork chop was great.
We then met up with everyone else and got ready for Illuminations. That is my favorite night time show. After Illuminations, I believe 16 of us headed to Test Track. I love this ride even more now then when it first deputed. After that we rode Mission: Space. Only a few did this. I talked my 7 year old into it. He actually likes it.
Then we ran across the park to do Soarin' one last time. Then it was time to call it a night.

The next morning we woke up and loaded the car then went to the food court to get some breakfast and last minute souvenirs. The Magic Band mess ups worked in our favor and had extra meals still to use so we use them on random people and bought their breakfast and got some snacks for the road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom