Trip Report 21 Cajuns live trip report

So I some what updated the trip some in my pretrip report. I will try to post nightly.

So we were up at 3:00 am and met up with a few others to start the trip.
IMG_9719830729121.jpeg
10 hours and a few stops later we arrived at Best Western on Hotel Row in DTD.
We decided to walk to DTD and get dinner and hang out for a little. Our choice was easy, Splitsville. We could dine and hang out while the kids bowled all at the same time.
20150215_193849.jpg

LilWalt

Original Poster
Here are a few of the crew.
IMG_9776281423452.jpeg

Me and DW.
IMG_9768026761467.jpeg

Me and DS, 7.
IMG_9755240831361.jpeg

Some of the rest of the crew.
Splitsville is fun but can be quite pricey at $20 a person to bowl plus food and drinks. You can order anything from typical bowling alley food like nachos and burgers to salads and sushi.

After bowling and dinner most of the group called it a night. We decided to hang out a little longer.
IMG_9785816781304.jpeg

Me and DS did our annual Legos car and then race it. I highly recommend this if you have a little one. He loves it and we look forward to it every year.
IMG_9797366025922.jpeg

Then we stopped at the Hoola Hoop party and had a little fun before calling it a night. At this point we had been awake for almost 20 hours so we called it a night.

LilWalt

Original Poster
Day 1 - Check in and Hollywood Studios

So wewoke up fairly early to check out from our Downtown hotel and check in at CBR. We got checked in and our first bump in the road. We tried to link our fastpasses before the trip but I didn't show any FPs but my wife and son did. They told us to go to guest services in the park and they should be able to fix it, no biggie. Then we went to grab some breakfast. Bump #2. My mother in law and neice had an issue with getting their mugs. After a while that was taken care of and we were headed to HS.
We were able to get the FP issue fixed, at least for today.
First FP, ToT.
20150216_095316.jpg

Even with a FP the wait was about 15 minutes or so. Still a great ride and never gets old. On our way to FP #2 we stopped to watch a street show. These do not get enough credit.
20150216_104254.jpg

Then off to StarTours. The FP line was pretty long but the wait was very short.
20150216_122529.jpg

Finally got a different ride show that we hadn't seen yet. Then we had some time to kill before our ADR at Sci-Fi Cafe. So we watched my favorite Disney band. Mulch Sweat and shears. Love them.
20150216_130141.jpg

Then I got to see NASCAR driver Klye Busch while waiting for our table. Food and service were very good. We were pleased. Then off to FP #3 TSM.
Sorry no pictures on my phone of it.
Then my family went back to the resort to let the kids swim so I did RnR single rider line. Another great idea to avoid the long lines. Love this ride.
20150216_171250.jpg

Then I headed back to the room to charge my phone and relax. Heading back soon to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. Will update some more after we get back

FlaggNL

Hej there! Great you do a live TR! Have a great and magical stay! Looking foward for the rest of your trip! Don't let it go too fast :)

Frontier21

Sounds great so far. How was Sci Fi? We went for the first time last year and will always be on our schedule from here on out. Have fun.

LilWalt

Original Poster
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Had a late night. Cold and rainy yesterday but meant no lines for anything. Rode everything with no waits. I'll catch up yesterday and today tonight. Heading to AK as I type.

mrdrift

Great start to the report. At least you were able to solve the bumps that you have encountered on the first day. My family loves ToT and RRC, we just can't get enough of them. Following along.

LilWalt

Original Poster
Well they aren't all the way fixed. I can't eat unless my wife is with me. FPs I think are fixed though.

LilWalt

Original Poster
Ok I have 2 days to catch up on.

Tuesday we went to MK.
20150217_093320.jpg
Being a LSU fan I was liking the purple and gold Mickey. Crowds going in to the park wasn't too bad. Got into the park and we got a ride down main street in trolley car thing. First time we had experienced that. Pretty neat and fun to do. They dropped us off by Tomorrowland entrance and we were off to FP #1, SM.
20150217_095437.jpg

LilWalt

Original Poster
Like I said earlier this was my son's 1st time riding SM so this time riding it was a little extra special. After riding the kids wanted to do Indy Raceway. Wait wasn't too bad and it made them happy so why not.
After riding it was almost time for our FP at BOG. We preordered online so we checked in and picked a table in the west wing. Self service drinks and our food was brought to the table.
20150217_105654.jpg

20150217_110149.jpg

20150217_113327.jpg

20150217_110950.jpg

if you haven't been in BOG it's a must see. The details are wonderful and pretty accurate to the movie. The food was pretty good as well. I had the pork and mashed potatoes.

LilWalt

Original Poster
Then we had FP #2 for BTM but it was down so they honored our FP at Splash Mtn.
20150217_122541.jpg

From what I could tell everything was working working properly. Then we killed some time until our FP #3 for 7DMT.
20150217_180556.jpg

After riding my wife headed back to the room for a little bit and me and DS met up with my sister and brother in law to Buzz. The wait was fairly long but we stuck it out. After that we were getting close to dinner ADR at Liberty Tree. By this time in was starting to rain and my phone had pretty much died so no pictures of the night.

LilWalt

Original Poster
Well at dinner I found out that my magic band was not fixed. I am still unable to use it for anything other than to get into the park, room and FPs.
The rain was the best thing that could have happened. Once the rain started the crowds disappeared. We rode all the rides we wanted with 0 wait multiple times. Some without getting off the ride. After riding about 20 times on all the main rides it was midnight and so we called it a night.

Coming up AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom