News 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Dates and new details announced for the 2024 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World​

Notably, the 2024 Flower and Garden Festival is much shorter than in recent years. The 2023 event was held from March 1 through July 5, or just over 120 days.

ToTBellHop

I had heard the festivals weren’t doing wonderfully in the summer. Perhaps F&W will start later leaving most of summer without a festival (I presume it would start in August, regardless, since WDW starts celebrating “fall” around August 10 now). And maybe they have an idea for a new summer event.

James Alucobond

I wonder if this means that Food & Wine will simply be interminable or if there will be a resting period. Would be kind of cool if they open CommuniCore Hall around then and do something new or unique.

Lirael

"At the park's main entrance, there will be new topiaries from the Walt Disney Animation Studios film "Wish," including Asha, Valentino and the Wishing Star."

I expected this but I'm still disappointed

ToTBellHop

You mean people really don't want to stand for 45 minutes at a kiosk to order in full sun, or eat their Canada pavilion filet mignon outside in an afternoon thunderstorm??!?
Who would have thought? It worked a bit better when they could put some booths in World Showplace but I gather that won’t be available again.

Does CommuniCore include any enclosed space for booths? They need to figure something out. They’ll definitely have F&W by September and it will still be hot and stormy then.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You mean people really don't want to stand for 45 minutes at a kiosk to order in full sun, or eat their Canada pavilion filet mignon outside in an afternoon thunderstorm??!?
Come on now, they've got people trained to wait 7 hours for a popcorn bucket. What's a little heat, humidity, and lightning as compared to a $9 plate of mashed potato and sliver of steak?

Unbanshee

I had heard the festivals weren’t doing wonderfully in the summer. Perhaps F&W will start later leaving most of summer without a festival (I presume it would start in August, regardless, since WDW starts celebrating “fall” around August 10 now). And maybe they have an idea for a new summer event.

Certainly the answer from today's WDW isn't to throw in the towel. There has to be a summer event, right? If not, RIP EPCOT

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
In 2023 they essentially had non-stop festivals all year. It didn't really help attendance though for the summer and fall.

Without the early F&W / late F&G, Epcot would have had even more problems. I can't believe that they're going to just sit it out. There's too much revenue to be left on the table.

wdwfan22

The perfect summer event would be to have evening entertainment at the American Gardens Theater. They have done it before, and it would bring life to the world showcase. They could also sell dining packages if the entertainment was decent enough. It would be an easy win for the summer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Epcot International Barbecue and Brew Festival or some such nonsense. $15 hotdog flights?

$15? Please. $25 "gourmet" hotdog flights.

In all seriousness, I've been expecting something like that for several years. TDO is addicted to/dependent on festivals to generate revenue at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom