2022 NCAA Football is back.......and so are the fans!

Lilofan

This shows me how much you know about football.
Auburn was embarrassed losing to NM State at home. Thats like App State beating and embarrasing Michigan at the Big House a number of years ago. Tigers were too busy looking at the next game. A number of gamblers lost big on the NM game.

Last edited:
Auburn was embarrassed losing to NM State at home. Thats like App State beating Michigan at the Big House a number of years ago. Tigers were too busy looking at the next game. A number of gamblers lost big on the NM game.
Exactly. Good job. See, around the SEC everyone knew this. It’s the Iron Bowl, or what they call in West Georgia, door step to heaven. It’s their superbowl. They don’t care about NMSU. They want to beat big brother.

App State beating Michigan? Absolutely not.

Lilofan

Exactly. Good job. See, around the SEC everyone knew this. It’s the Iron Bowl, or what they call in West Georgia, door step to heaven. It’s their superbowl. They don’t care about NMSU. They want to beat big brother.

App State beating Michigan? Absolutely not.
There is also a lot more emotional fan base in Big 10, SEC that travels to away games much more than PAC 12 . The distances àre much more farther to get there to support ( ie UCLA playing WSU, UWA etc ). My cousin's kid goes to LSU which has a fanatical fan base as one example. Its one of the loudest places to play, ear shattering at a night game.

Auburn was embarrassed losing to NM State at home. Thats like App State beating and embarrasing Michigan at the Big House a number of years ago. Tigers were too busy looking at the next game. A number of gamblers lost big on the NM game.
I’m sorry. I misspoke. I meant SEC football.

LSLS

Let’s here your year end review of Washington….
Washington was undefeated and had a strength of schedule at 8. They only had one close game against a bad team (blew out the rest, and their close games were against good schools). Honestly not sure where you are going with this one. Again, Bama nearly lost like 4 times to BAD schools. If we are just going to go off of how good we think teams are as opposed to how they play, then just get rid of the regular season all together.

Lilofan

Washington was undefeated and had a strength of schedule at 8. They only had one close game against a bad team (blew out the rest, and their close games were against good schools). Honestly not sure where you are going with this one. Again, Bama nearly lost like 4 times to BAD schools. If we are just going to go off of how good we think teams are as opposed to how they play, then just get rid of the regular season all together.
Good bye Pac12 which was not much loved while all teams including Washington join other conferences. UWA and others are called late night football at times where fans like me don't bother watching s
and just see the highlights on ESPN next day.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I asked for a year end review of Washington….not sure how Bama played in to review….

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
now they are openly making rankings straight for money. Just no possible way you can justify Alabama making it other than money.
No truer words ever spoken.
If it was a 1 Loss #8 CFP Ranked Mississippi beating Georgia, they would not have jumped to #4 or past FSU
Stop using logic!

also, why is UGA 6? They should be 5.
Logic? Two choices for FSU were #3 and #7....leave them at #3 or drop them below Texas, Bama, Georgia and Ohio State. The CFP did neither....
Exactly. Good job. See, around the SEC everyone knew this. It’s the Iron Bowl, or what they call in West Georgia, door step to heaven.
Door Step to Heaven? Never heard that one in my decades at Georgia....

LSLS

Someone tell Florida State this is why they werent good enough to make it to the playoffs.
This isn't anywhere close to the same team. They have something like 26 players not playing this game, including ones responsible for around 50 tds this year. It's a nonsense argument to try and justify a corrupt system.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Someone tell Florida State this is why they werent good enough to make it to the playoffs.
CFP really blew it this year.....ESPN influence showed up late...and the Orange Bowl is what they deserve

Stuck to their guns too long:

1) Kept FSU Ranked in Top 4 too long
2) Kept Oregon ahead of Bama and Texas
3) Kept Texas and Bama "Paired" as they wouldn't let Bama Pass Texas

Because of #3, they had only 3 choices
a. Both Bama and Texas Jump FSU
b. Drop Georgia to #3, and FSU #4
c. FSU and Bama take the 3rd and 4th spot.....

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
This isn't anywhere close to the same team. They have something like 26 players not playing this game, including ones responsible for around 50 tds this year. It's a nonsense argument to try and justify a corrupt system.
- I agree with corrupt system
--FSU wasn't going to beat Georgia, even at full staff....they knew this and made sure there was zero chance of an embarrassing loss....Kirby is one of the few upper echelon Coaches that will run up the score

Full transparency .... SEC fan here

Lilofan

- I agree with corrupt system
--FSU wasn't going to beat Georgia, even at full staff....they knew this and made sure there was zero chance of an embarrassing loss....Kirby is one of the few upper echelon Coaches that will run up the score

Full transparency .... SEC fan here
Who knows maybe the selection committee got it right. FSU was a weak team to begin with regardless of going 13-0 barely defeating BC who was 6-6 for the season.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Who knows maybe the selection committee got it right. FSU was a weak team to begin with regardless of going 13-0 barely defeating BC who was 6-6 for the season.
My issue is the way they had FSU ranked after the Florida win and subsequent loss of their QB......that's when they should have dropped to 6 or lower, with the chance of redemption in the ACC Title Game

Still irked by the way they had Oregon inflated and the "pairing" of Bama/Texas....

LSLS

Me either....obvious from my previous posts in this thread,,,,

CFP Committee getting any grief for joining Bama and Texas at the hip?

Texas was the obvious pick for 4, Bama is the one with no business being there. The BCS was SO much better than this stupidity. It could have easily been tweaked to make sure the best teams got in, but at least there was a science behind it all. Now it's just straight money grabs.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Texas was the obvious pick for 4, Bama is the one with no business being there. The BCS was SO much better than this stupidity. It could have easily been tweaked to make sure the best teams got in, but at least there was a science behind it all. Now it's just straight money grabs.
Agreed...FSU not getting was the statement as far as money grab

Hate to keep restating the pairing of Bama/Texas

They could have still let Georgia in.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom