2014 ICS Elite Eight: Competition Thread

Zweiland

Original Poster
Due to a conflict for one of the contestants, your submission for round 2 is now due on December 14, 2014 at 5:00 PM E.T.

This is no longer true. Please see the updated post below.​

Last edited:

Zweiland

Original Poster
Wait, but why? If they can't post on the 15th, they could just post it on the 14th...right? :confused:
Yes. It's just per request. If you have a problem with it, we can always change it up once again.

Also, I went back and looked at the schedule on the TAFI site. The 15th was actually a typo on the bracket image, and it was supposed to end on the 14th all along.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes. It's just per request. If you have a problem with it, we can always change it up once again.

Also, I went back and looked at the schedule on the TAFI site. The 15th was actually a typo on the bracket image, and it was supposed to end on the 14th all along.
14th makes sense (even though I'd like the extra day).

Keeping a 7 day schedule is important, I think, with other comps coming up soon. Just my 2 cents.

Tip Top Club

I know I've been out of the loop here for a while, but a few pointers to those who have never worked with me before.

The two things that count the most with me are Originality and Realism. For example, if you said we were going to do an entire Star Wars Fireworks show, while that might be a fine idea, it's been done. (Star Wars Weekends). Or if you said that we were going to give every single guest glow with the show ears every night because they are vital to the show, that's not very realistic because the parks still have to make money.

I'm a pretty harsh critic, but it's because I care passionately about Disney Parks and Disney Characters, I may PM you to get some further explanation as I enjoy detailed descriptions (which five sentences may not encompass).

Good luck everyone!

Matt7187

I know I've been out of the loop here for a while, but a few pointers to those who have never worked with me before.

The two things that count the most with me are Originality and Realism. For example, if you said we were going to do an entire Star Wars Fireworks show, while that might be a fine idea, it's been done. (Star Wars Weekends). Or if you said that we were going to give every single guest glow with the show ears every night because they are vital to the show, that's not very realistic because the parks still have to make money.

I'm a pretty harsh critic, but it's because I care passionately about Disney Parks and Disney Characters, I may PM you to get some further explanation as I enjoy detailed descriptions (which five sentences may not encompass).

Good luck everyone!
Welcome back! Haven't seen you really since Season 1 of Master of the Parks.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Round 2 - @englanddg v. @RMichael21

Nighttime Delights

Your mission is to create an all-new nighttime show for DHS, that will complement and reflect on the changes that are soon to be upon the park. You can keep Fantasmic! as well, or get rid of it-- your choice.

You must include a video, which has no limit on content or length. Besides the video, you are allowed 5 sentences and 1 image.

@englanddg's Submission
The Lovers, The Dreamers and YOU

The Lovers, Dreamers and You show harnesses the upcoming IP which is to make it's way into Hollywood Studios, while still paying homage to its roots, all while invoking the latest technology, and the best soundtracks, to bring you into a dream world of movies, and in keeping with the historic and grand building it's set upon...

and Twitter agrees.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

RMichael21

Round 2: @RMichael21 vs. @englanddg

Your mission is to create an all-new nighttime show for DHS, that will complement and reflect on the changes that are soon to be upon the park. You can keep Fantasmic! as well, or get rid of it-- your choice.

You must include a video, which has no limit on content or length. Besides the video, you are allowed 5 sentences and 1 image.

Disney's Cinemagic in the Stars

Disney's Cinemagic in the Stars is a brand new, exciting nighttime spectacular coming to the renamed Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2018. This new show is a stage musical, similar to that of the dated Fantasmic (which this show is replacing), and combines spectacular effects with a heart-warming story. Encounter your favorite Disney heroes and villains as Mickey and the gang help an under-appreciated boy achieve his dreams and hopes as they search for the ultimate Hollywood Adventure!

Segments:
-Star Wars
-The Little Mermaid
-Monster's Inc.
-Peter Pan
-The Muppets
-The Lion King/The Jungle Book
-Toy Story
- Aladdin
-Cars
-Frozen
-Villains
-Finale

In addition, Disney's Cinemagic in the Stars brings back a piece of Spectromagic, with the main theme of the beloved parade being the main theme song of DHS's new nighttime spectacular.

jdmdisney99

The ICS Tournament: Round 1
THE CHALLENGE

As we all know, big changes are almost certainly coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios (as the park is now named, but will it be for long?) The Sorcerer's Hat icon will be removed in early 2015. Star Wars, Cars, and Monsters Inc. have all been rumored to be coming to the park. The Great Movie Ride may be getting a refurbishment, or possibly gutted entirely to pave the way for a new ride.

Sorcery in the Sky, the fireworks show pictured above, used to run each night at Disney-MGM Studios. Later, Fantasmic! took its place, and while still going strong, it's looking a bit dated. Your mission is to create an all-new nighttime show for DHS, that will complement and reflect on the changes that are soon to be upon the park. You can keep Fantasmic! as well, or get rid of it-- your choice.

Disney's Hollywood Dreams
All new to Disney's Hollywood Adventure is the Hollywood Dreams spectacular, with dazzling lights, lasers, projections, and, of course, fireworks. A new, forced perspective "Hollywood Hill" would be added behind the Chinese Theater as a backdrop and a new focal point for Hollywood Boulevard. Taking the guests through cinema history, the show uses the best combination of new and old effects to portray that sense of adventure found in the movies. With the best songs to ever come through theater speakers, this show's soundtrack is always either directly corresponding to an area of the actual park, or honoring the greatest Hollywood scores of old. The images seen in the video are proofs of concept for what can be accomplished with this technology and soundtrack.

:)

MonorailRed

Applebees
Round 2: @jdmdisney99 vs. @MonorailRed

Walt's Vault

Walt's Vault represents new changes happening to Hollywood Studios, as well as it's history, including several scenes based on attractions and movies made at the studios. Guests will enter through a building called Magic Movie Memorabilias, this allows people to be led into the arena through waves, making it easier to provide and find seating, this area also has old props from various movie classics, but in the back is a vault inscribe Walt's. Could this be the gate to a world of movie classics?

Enjoy the new Walt's Vault nightshow replaces Fantasmic! as showstopping new entertainment top the Studios!

PLEASE USE THE UPDATED VIDEO LINK BELOW:

Continuing on from the video, Behind the Scenes, the Vault will feature water jets (1/4 the size of World of Color), actors, lasers, fire, fireworks, projections, a flying wicked witch, and many other dazzling effects!

ScreenShot2014-12-14at95616PM_zps14c340c8.png

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Also (and I should put this into the Workshop)...that's part of the reason why I upload to youtube so much during video creation...with drafts.

Part of it is to see how it plays on youtube.

The other part is to let soundtracks and the like sit for a bit to see if their bots snag it. Nothing is more annoying than having a video get flagged.

If it does flag, you can upload to one of the video sites that are not so aggressive. Liveleak has no editing IP bots (though really isn't where you put this sort of stuff). Vimeo is another good choice. Solid service over there.

And both can be equally embedded here at wdwmagic like youtube.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom