2012 Summer Olympics! Will the parks do anything for this?

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Since the olympics this year are in London, I was wondering if maybe World Showcase would have something or sell something in conjunction with the games this year, especially at the UK pavilion.

If not, do you think something should be done for the games at DW, seeing that the olympics are supposed to be an occasion not only for competition but also to promote world peace, unity, etc.?

Florida_is_hot

Hope not but I am likely one of the few that could care less about the Olympics.
I am already tired of all the "News?" stories and hype.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
During the World Cup, they ran special shuttle buses from the resorts to Wide World of Sports, where people could watch the matches. Perhaps they'll do something similar?

Vader2112

The Olympics are just not as big a deal as they once were thanks to the aadvance of technology and basically being able to see sporting events from other countries anytime.
Made our small world even smaller.

dave&di

I live in London, the Olympics is a pain in the butt! Roads have been closed to the general public, only open for official vehicles till the Olympics are over. Bad congestion plus any home deliveries are expected to be delayed because of it! My grocery shopping was supposed to arrive between 1pm - 2pm last Saturday but arrived at 3pm, the driver said no deliveries will arrive on time in the near future!

I will be watching the opening ceremony tonight but that's all!

wiigirl

The Olympics are just not as big a deal as they once were thanks to the aadvance of technology and basically being able to see sporting events from other countries anytime.
Made our small world even smaller.

Yeah....I usually just watch the opening ceremonies now. P

75.gif

Vader2112

The Olympics used to be a real spectacle. The opening ceremonies are ususally the best part be it sometimes a little to much that you need a narrator to expalin what is going on.

a2grafix

In August 2008 during the Summer Olympics in Bejing, the China Pavilion sold official gear in their shops from the games. I would suppose the United Kingdom Pavilion will do the same with the London Summer Games starting Friday.

mollydtt

I live in London, the Olympics is a pain in the butt! Roads have been closed to the general public, only open for official vehicles till the Olympics are over. Bad congestion plus any home deliveries are expected to be delayed because of it! My grocery shopping was supposed to arrive between 1pm - 2pm last Saturday but arrived at 3pm, the driver said no deliveries will arrive on time in the near future!

I will be watching the opening ceremony tonight but that's all!

A friend of mine just returned home (Texas) from London after visiting his family, and he said just what you said.
There have been some pre-olympic races, etc. and basically, you can't get out of your driveway or have deliveries. And that was before it even officially started!

I'm pretty excited about watching the opening ceremonies, but after that, I'm not so sure I'll be tuning in for much else.

ExtinctJenn

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Wal...ng-locations-for-the-London-2012-Olympics.htm

Walt Disney World Resort lounges will be showing coverage of the London 2012 Olympics from the opening ceremony on July 27 through to August 12 2012. The following locations will be taking part.
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge - Victoria Falls, Sanaa Lounge, Maji Pool Bar and Uzima Springs Pool Bar
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort - Crew’s Cup Lounge, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort; Martha’s Vineyard
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort - The Wave Lounge
  • Disney Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Mizner’s Lounge
  • Disney’s BoardWalk - ESPN Club
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Riverside - Muddy Rivers Pool Bar and River Roost Lounge
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Scat Cat’s Lounge
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort - Gurgling Suitcase at On the Rocks Pool Bar and The Turf Club Lounge
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - Crockett’s
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge - Territory Lounge
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort - All pool bars
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort - Banana Cabana
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park - Rainforest Café
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort - Rix Lounge
  • Downtown Disney - Fulton’s Crab House, Wolfgang Puck Café, Paradiso 37, House of Blues and Rainforest Café
  • Disney’s Polynesian Resort - Tambu Lounge

msmit002

I'll be getting my Olympics fix next week with my iPhone app while waiting on ride lines. For me, the Olympics will be a convenient diversion to otherwise boring waits during the busy season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom