2012 Fall Trip

pontiacguy84

Original Poster
My family is planning our vacation for September 2012. We've always gone in the spring so this is our first trip ever to disney in the fall. They have some conerns about weather such as hurricane season. Anyone who has gone during this time can you give me your thoughts on this and what the weather and parks are like during this time of year.

dave&di

We always go in Sept, and have never had an problems, Orlando is far inland so doesn't generally get any issues with hurricanes. There was a thread only a few weeks ago about someone worried about hurricanes, you may want to search for it, it was called 'STARTING TO WORRY!'

C&D

Still hot and humid this time of the year; hurricanes a possibility (it is during peak season) but statistically you shouldn't be affected (but you should be aware).

CP_alum08

If it's late enough in Sept. you shouldn't have much to worry about and like Dave said, Orlando is far enough inland that it would take a good size one to reach. The weather will still be hot and humid and you will still probably get the afternoon rain everyday. But that rain is light and only lasts a few minutes, actually the sun usually stays out when it rains, its weird!

Other than that, crowds are great, wait times are minimal, and there is usually free dining if that interests you.

Mukta

I go in September often. The weather is extremely hot and humid. Try to take breaks in the afternoon to beat the heat. Crowds are low and lines and short. Due to free dining, it is hard to get ADRs so make reservations at 180 days out for restaurants you really want to eat in.

pontiacguy84

Original Poster
Thanks for everyones input, hope this will ease my families concerns. I wanna make sure this trip goes great because it is my girlfriends first trip ever to disney world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom