1st Time Flying

mightyduck

Jason-

I flew Delta down and back. How much room you have depends on the aircraft. I was on several different planes (2 connecting flights--and I live in NJ). Are you flying out of Cincinnati?I got stuck there Tuesday night, but the flights to Orlando are direct from there. On some planes, you'll have plenty of room. On others, well, I'm 5'2" and under 100 pounds, and I was squished.

July is Aerosmith month on Delta--channel 9 plays the new album in its entirety and some older big hits. I suggest listening to that to recreate the RnR experience. ;)

Just kidding. The launch is nowhere near like the beginning of RnR. And since I went on that on your suggestion, you'll have to take my word for it that flying there is the easy part!

It'll be fun. Maybe I can go back in August...

Okay. Getting a hold on myself.

:)

J

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by mightyduck
Jason-

I flew Delta down and back. How much room you have depends on the aircraft. I was on several different planes (2 connecting flights--and I live in NJ). Are you flying out of Cincinnati?I got stuck there Tuesday night, but the flights to Orlando are direct from there. On some planes, you'll have plenty of room. On others, well, I'm 5'2" and under 100 pounds, and I was squished.

July is Aerosmith month on Delta--channel 9 plays the new album in its entirety and some older big hits. I suggest listening to that to recreate the RnR experience. ;)

Just kidding. The launch is nowhere near like the beginning of RnR. And since I went on that on your suggestion, you'll have to take my word for it that flying there is the easy part!

It'll be fun. Maybe I can go back in August...

Okay. Getting a hold on myself.

J

i'm flying out of Nashville and i'm 6ft 230 so room is one of many things I'm worried about. :)

mightyduck

I'm guessing it's a direct flight from Nashville. If you booked through a travel agent, call and ask if it's a "small plane." They usually warn you in advance. I was in a plane so small in April I hit my head getting in and getting out, not an easy thing for someone my size.

If you're flying on one of the larger jets, it won't be spacious, but you won't be too cramped. I have pretty long legs for someone this small, and that's the worst of it. Of course, if I didn't put my carryon under the seat, I'd have a little more room...

:rolleyes:

Don't worry so much. It'll be fun. Just think happy Disney thoughts, and how soon you'll be at Mickey's house.

Follow standard motion sickness advice: don't drink juice (too acidic), have plenty of water because the plane will dehydrate you, and if you're worried about motion sickness drink cola or Hawaiian Punch to help settle your stomach. Try for a window seat and look at the horizon line to help keep your sense of balance and prevent motion sickness, and sleep if you can. Reading on the plane is ill-advised if you're prone to motionsickness, but honestly, if you can handle theme park rides, you can do this.

Have fun!

CrisKennedy

I always chew gum when flying. Also I say a few Hail Marys and a couple Our Fathers during take-off. Flying really isn't that bad. There is the occassional turbulence, which is usually minor. Though the worst tubulence I felt was when I was return to Charleston from Houston. It felt like we were on a roller coaster. Just remember keep the seat belt fastened at all times. You'll be fine. :)

Maria

And the golden rule: turbulences happen when the food comes. So be prepared....

If you get motion sick, there is always a little paper bag with a seal in the little pocket in the seat in front of you. Use it and then, give it to the stewardess to throw it away for you. :D ;)

Ryan

motion sickness

ok....this is a very long thread for something this basic. If I remember my Discovery channel trivia, there are approximately, 25,000 planes in the air at any given moment. Out of those, how often do you hear of one crashing? That's some pretty good statistics if you ask me. As for the air sickness thing....don't even worry. I get sick just looking at body wars or Star Tours and I have never been sick on a plane. Rest easy, good friend, you'll be fine.

WDW-Imagineer

Re: motion sickness

Originally posted by Ryan
I get sick just looking at body wars or Star Tours and I have never been sick on a plane.

Light weight!!! The only time I've been sick on a plane was when I was sick before I got on the plane (stomach virus).

mightyduck

Re: Re: motion sickness

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Light weight!!! The only time I've been sick on a plane was when I was sick before I got on the plane (stomach virus).

ooh, that happened to me last year. I'd never been sick on a plane before, but I had the flu coming home and I was SO ill....

Maria

Don´t call him Light weight! Be nice to him...... remember when you had to buy a new outfit after you rode it.... ;)

markymark

Originally posted by Maria
Don´t call him Light weight! Be nice to him...... remember when you had to buy a new outfit after you rode it.... ;)

ooooooooooooooh someone is being VERY protective aren't they Maria !;)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

Originally posted by Ryan
ok....this is a very long thread for something this basic. If I remember my Discovery channel trivia, there are approximately, 25,000 planes in the air at any given moment. Out of those, how often do you hear of one crashing? That's some pretty good statistics if you ask me. As for the air sickness thing....don't even worry. I get sick just looking at body wars or Star Tours and I have never been sick on a plane. Rest easy, good friend, you'll be fine.

I think waiting to get on the plane is going to kill me. lol

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

Rest easy, good friend, you'll be fine. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats easier said then done. lol

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: motion sickness

No, waiting on the ground, in the plane waiting to taxi will be worse.

yeah ur right. I justwish I wouldnt get so worked up about it. Its killing my mood of going to florida. I just dont wanna freak out up there. :-( Darth Rod is now a wimp lol

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
BTW... nice to see your picture back up. Makes you look like the enforcer again. :cool:

maybe I should change pics to what I look like now. Nervous Rod :) i'll be glad when friday gets here so either i can do this or back at of it :)

mightyduck

Jason-

Get a grip on yourself! On the runway waiting to taxi is the worst part, but you'll like flying. Use positive language to talk to yourself about going. If you keep telling yourself you're scared, you will be. If you worry about being ill, you'll make yourself ill. If you tell yourself it's a new experience and you're looking forward to it, then it'll be a better experience. No worries!

As I remind my students, if you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Now, be happy about going to Mickey's house before I come down there and take your place! :)

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom