1st Time Flying

markymark

Don't you worry JAY-ROD. I will send over one of my private jets, along with fully trained crew to whisk you and your group down to Orlando. All for free..hey...get..off..me.................Jennifer.

:confused:

No..really.....I....am him

HONEST

Ariel (I mean Julia Roberts) will vouch for me.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Jay ,Piglet
I heard on the news today a man was knocked down today by a Camel in Toronto.Wierd hey, who'd of thought you'd find a Camel in Toronto.

Attachments

• steamboatwillie.gif
    steamboatwillie.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 49

The Mom

Premium Member
Mr Lightbeer,
Are you sure it wasn't a moose? They were all over the place last year! (they were statues, all decorated with different themes, part of the "moose is loose" art display.) As a former Torontonian, I need more info.

disneyqueen

We almost always fly Delta. They are okay space wise. We try to sit in the exit row. They have these little airplane cookies that they sell for a buck(in addition to a little bag of trail mix. trail mix-free). I always buy a ton of those cookies. They are so yummy:) I think they donate money from them to charity. Also, I take a book of search and find puzzles. The time sure does fly.

My father in law flew for the first time last year. We took him to disney world. We almost had to drug him. My husband and I fly all the time. It's no big deal. Your more likely to die in a car crash than a plane crash.

Have fun and enjoy:) :)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by disneyqueen
We almost always fly Delta. They are okay space wise. We try to sit in the exit row. They have these little airplane cookies that they sell for a buck(in addition to a little bag of trail mix. trail mix-free). I always buy a ton of those cookies. They are so yummy:) I think they donate money from them to charity. Also, I take a book of search and find puzzles. The time sure does fly.

My father in law flew for the first time last year. We took him to disney world. We almost had to drug him. My husband and I fly all the time. It's no big deal. Your more likely to die in a car crash than a plane crash.

Have fun and enjoy:) :)

they might have to drug me up also. I'm really not worried about crashing. Just getting motion sickness. awe my nerves really get to me just thinking about it. 15 days to goooo

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
On the fear of crashing front - take notice of this stat.

You are actual safer in a plane than you are in your own home. There are far more home accidents and fatalities than there are on planes.

On the motion sickness front, if you can take Star Tours, Back to the Future, and the ultimate-hurl-machine, BODY WARS - you can EASILY take a flight.

Have only light food before you fly, no alcohol, and drink plenty of water (or something like Powerade). and also remember - its only 1.5 hours - from the UK we have to endure 10 hours!!! :)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
On the fear of crashing front - take notice of this stat.

You are actual safer in a plane than you are in your own home. There are far more home accidents and fatalities than there are on planes.

On the motion sickness front, if you can take Star Tours, Back to the Future, and the ultimate-hurl-machine, BODY WARS - you can EASILY take a flight.

Have only light food before you fly, no alcohol, and drink plenty of water (or something like Powerade). and also remember - its only 1.5 hours - from the UK we have to endure 10 hours!!! :)

well I can do all those rides with np. what about the take off? I've heard it being compared to RnR, thn I have heard ur head barely goes back and u gradually go up. so which is it? I know i'm being a wimp. and i give about 4 to 6 hours before tramp or lightbeer start making fun of me again lol

jay_london

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

well I can do all those rides with np. what about the take off? I've heard it being compared to RnR, thn I have heard ur head barely goes back and u gradually go up. so which is it? I know i'm being a wimp. and i give about 4 to 6 hours before tramp or lightbeer start making fun of me again lol
#

Oh you bloody woosy just get in the plane and hold on for dear life before you know it, the flight will be over and you will sliding and skidding all over the orlando runway. Honestly what are you like!!

Maria

LOL!! Jay London, good one! Yeah! Just get on the plane on a window seat and enjoy it! I personally love flying and always request a window seat... unless flying for more than 4 hours! 1 1/2 flight? That is nothing! by the time they serve lunch and you finish with it, you will be landing!;)

Tramp

Jason....

You're gonna be nervous....just accept it....the only thing you need to figure out is to what degree....
are you a single valium type nervous person.....or are you a fully diapered type?

By the way, as I type this message, there are about 5000 planes in the air over the US and none have fallen out of the sky....yet I bet we can find a couple of fatalities on I-95 at this very moment.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Jay-Rod,what are your favourite hymns,the boys and girls have asked me to sort out the requim mass.It will be an honour;)

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 55

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Tramp
By the way, as I type this message, there are about 5000 planes in the air over the US and none have fallen out of the sky....yet I bet we can find a couple of fatalities on I-95 at this very moment.

I agree... they say its safer to be in the air than it is on the ground in a car. :eek:

M

Mr Lightbeer

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

I agree... they say its safer to be in the air than it is on the ground in a car. :eek:

Not true , my friend was driving down the highway minding his own business when a 747 fell out of the sky on to his car.;)

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 54

Ariel

Glad to see that you are as comforting as ever Mr Lightbeer. If only everyone could be so kind. What would we do without you? ;)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tramp
Jason....

You're gonna be nervous....just accept it....the only thing you need to figure out is to what degree....
are you a single valium type nervous person.....or are you a fully diapered type?

I think thats one of my main problems is I havent accpeting the fact that I'm going to be nervous.I'm thinking there shouldnt be nothing to worry about. But heak I dont know casuie I havent done it so I guess thats where the nervousness comes from me.I'm not so much worried about when were up in the air. I'm more worried about the take off far as getting sick.

jay_london

I have to be honest a ride as tame as astro orbitor is far more thrilling than a plane ride, you are just building up nerves because it is an unknown to you. I promise you once you get up there you will wonder what the hell you have been getting worked up at. And remember even if you crashed which is so remote you couldn't believe, you still have better odds of walking away from a crashed plane than not, not bad odds hey.

Now pull yourself together and start abusing people again;)

jay

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom