1985 guest question

Uncle Remus

You laugh, but the thought did occur to us, prior to kids, obviously jokingly...you could take a young kid to Fort Wilderness, where Mickey appears, or at least used to, camp, have a great time, visit other hotels without paying an admission charge for the parks, do a bunch of other vacation stuff and then the kid goes back to school saying he went to Disney and saw Mickey Mouse.

"Did you see the Castle?" No.
"Did you go on the Haunted Mansion" No.
"You didn't go to Disney" Yes I did. The buses said Disney World and had Mickey on them!

I just see a little kid whose parents take him to skull kingdom and then being afraid of Cinderella the rest of his life

muddyrivers

I'm not sure if it occurred in the Disney World attraction but there was someone inside the knight's armor in the Disneyland version of Haunted Mansion. Perhaps your friend was confused about the location?

Phil12

You laugh, but the thought did occur to us, prior to kids, obviously jokingly...you could take a young kid to Fort Wilderness, where Mickey appears, or at least used to, camp, have a great time, visit other hotels without paying an admission charge for the parks, do a bunch of other vacation stuff and then the kid goes back to school saying he went to Disney and saw Mickey Mouse.

"Did you see the Castle?" No.
"Did you go on the Haunted Mansion" No.
"You didn't go to Disney" Yes I did. The buses said Disney World and had Mickey on them!
Many years ago I took my young daughter to the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus. This was back in the day when the circus was still under the big top and the midway was a prominent feature. As we walked down the midway headed for the big top, the various circus geeks and sideshow freaks each had their own small tents and barkers. To entice guests to see the sideshows, there was always a small glimpse shown of the "wonders" that a full admission would buy.

Just before we got to the big top, we stopped and I bought my daughter some cotton candy and a balloon. She looked up at me and said, "Gee Daddy, that was the best circus ever!". With that, we walked back down the midway and left. My daughter could not have been happier.

Bairstow

While not 100% impossible, it's not very probable.

CMs have been known to hide out along the ride path at the Haunted Mansion, but only on rare occasions. If she rode a dark ride and real people jumped out, it was very likely not at Disney.....and Snow White's Scary Adventures would have been an unlikely candidate.

Speaking of the haunted mansion knight, check this out: http://www.icollector.com/DISNEYLAN...E-TWO-FACED-KNIGHT-ANIMATRONIC-HEAD_i14551771

Nothing to do with Disney, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom