1985 guest question

LaughingGravy

Original Poster
I have a co-worker who insists that on her first trip to WDW in 1985, she was freaked out forever regarding dark rides when a costumed real person touched her in Snow White's Scary Adventures.
I say impossible. My first trip was in 1977 and by that time I had been there quite a lot and to my knowledge there were never any costumed characters there.
My thoughts are that her parents told her they were in Disney but took her someplace else with a castle.

Am I correct in claiming no chance to the costumed character, especially touching her?

NYwdwfan

I have a co-worker who insists that on her first trip to WDW in 1985, she was freaked out forever regarding dark rides when a costumed real person touched her in Snow White's Scary Adventures.
I say impossible. My first trip was in 1977 and by that time I had been there quite a lot and to my knowledge there were never any costumed characters there.
My thoughts are that her parents told her they were in Disney but took her someplace else with a castle.

Am I correct in claiming no chance to the costumed character, especially touching her?

No costumed characters touched you inside a dark ride, however, there were costumed characters that wandered the parks. Maybe one tapped her on the shoulder and it traumatized her and he has bundled it into a memory with the dark ride experience?

Tom

Beta Return
While not 100% impossible, it's not very probable.

CMs have been known to hide out along the ride path at the Haunted Mansion, but only on rare occasions. If she rode a dark ride and real people jumped out, it was very likely not at Disney.....and Snow White's Scary Adventures would have been an unlikely candidate.

Bocabear

Snow White's Scary Adventures never had live costumes characters inside the ride...
She was mistaken or someone in the ride vehicle touched her and said it was the ride...

JillC LI

My sister swears that one of the hitchhiking ghosts bit her during the mirror scene in HM in the late '70s. My parents said she put her hand down on something sharp in the car during that scene! LOL. My sister remains unpersuaded :)

Phil12

In 1985 the Thompson Twins had a big hit, "Lay Your Hands On Me". No doubt your co-worker had a subliminal reaction to this popular song. The percussionist closely resembles Snow White:

Cmdr_Crimson

Wow.. She's still Preoccupied..From 19...19..1985.....

I read something on Doombuggies.com that only one attraction had a CM in costume for a very small time dressed as the Knight In Armour inside The Haunted Mansion....http://www.doombuggies.com/myths3.php
myths_knight.jpg

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Perhaps one of her parents, while on Snow White, tapped her on the shoulder and then blamed it on a character in a ride? Sounds like something my father would do.

Wait a second...what are you doing on here Hannah?

This incident happened during @George 's weird years, when he would live inside Fantasyland attractions and I would bring him food. Sometimes he didn't venture outside for months!

If you think him scaring people dressed as Snow White's Queen is weird, wait 'till you hear what he did in Peter Pan dressed in tights!

Correct. However, I would like to note that none of my touchings ever required an anatomically correct doll after the fact. Those type of physical interactions would all be due to Norbert who lived in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride until it was re-purposed. For whatever reason, he still swears his home was "Western River Expedition" and that the pretty lady from Albuquerque liked him. What a weirdo, and this coming from a guy who had a complicated system to keep the droppings from his meatball sub (thanks again @Empress Lily) from being visible on Peter Pan's flight.

LaughingGravy

Original Poster
You laugh, but the thought did occur to us, prior to kids, obviously jokingly...you could take a young kid to Fort Wilderness, where Mickey appears, or at least used to, camp, have a great time, visit other hotels without paying an admission charge for the parks, do a bunch of other vacation stuff and then the kid goes back to school saying he went to Disney and saw Mickey Mouse.

"Did you see the Castle?" No.
"Did you go on the Haunted Mansion" No.
"You didn't go to Disney" Yes I did. The buses said Disney World and had Mickey on them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom