News 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort reopening in April 2024

TeriofTerror

These characters have very little in common (except for Tiana and Cinderella being princesses, though Tiana will not be dressing in her princess attire) and I fail to see how they can come up with a menu that makes sense that will coincide with these characters. That menu is gonna be all over the place and I doubt will be tied to the hotel at all. I got married at Disney years ago and I remember them being so strict on what characters could be seen with other characters because they didn’t want to compromise the magic of the guest experience. I guess they couldn’t care less of that now. So sad about this change
I just assume the theme is "Characters with Anxiety/Imposter Syndrome." Three people who aren't royalty but married into it, and one with family issues.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Cinderella is my sister's favorite princess. When I was a local, the family came down for a visit for her 21st birthday and we surprised her with a dinner at 1900 Park Fare. She had no clue and when the hosts opened the door, as fate would have it, both Cinderella and Charming were standing there (not intentional, they were waiting for a server to scoot by) and she absolutely lost it. It was one of the best dining experiences we'd ever done and I'm so bummed to lose that charm.

Miss Rori

With Asha not being part of this new group despite the theme clearly working off of Wish, I do wonder - how well has the walkaround character been received at the parks anyway?

Maccabee18

I don’t understand why everything is turning into a character experience. Some people don’t like characters and it’s just awkward to wave at the character and act disinterested. They really need a non-character section for the restaurants so it can be “inclusive” for all types of diners.

Animaniac93-98

The lineup makes slightly more sense when you realize the new theme of the hotel is Princess/royalty like the DLP Disneyland Hotel remake.

Having said that, it's still a strange list, with 1 less character total and no difference between breakfast and dinner.

mattpeto

It’s a weird character mix for sure, but long overdue and overall great to have back.

Still missing the tea room, Bon Voyage, California Grill brunch, BoG QS breakfast/lunch and Restaurant Marrakesh off the top of my head. Morocco could really use something.

Disone

So is the tea room officially dead? Also wonder if BBB will reopen here?
Tea room is not dead.
…you taking bets?

Park fare had a higher quality of food - for you kids at home that have forgotten
Honestly it was never one of my favorite buffets. Boma, Crystal Palace, chef Mickey's all rank higher to me. I would take it over Cape May but it's not a slam dunk.
I don’t understand why everything is turning into a character experience. Some people don’t like characters and it’s just awkward to wave at the character and act disinterested. They really need a non-character section for the restaurants so it can be “inclusive” for all types of diners.
It not being turned into one because it was always a character experience.
The lineup makes slightly more sense when you realize the new theme of the hotel is Princess/royalty like the DLP Disneyland Hotel remake.
Remember the rooms are Mary Poppins who is not a princess Nor a Royal. The new theme is not Princess Royalty .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom