19 more days to get Storybook Circus open!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Park hours on the WDW site still list Dumbo as opening on the 12th.....let's hope they're not just out of the loop.

bdearl41

Its all so exciting isn't it. I really hope they stick to the concept art with a lot of trees, it would make the park that much better.

LoehnWolf

Anyone who has ever been in the parks Oct 31st and Nov 1st have seen Halloween decorations disappear and Christmas decorations appear know that Disney can do wonders with even just a day. If its going to be late you know they will minimize the amount of time past their original projected dates.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
One of the latest Disney Blog posts indicated Storybook Circus would open in "late March" despite what it still says on the calendar. We are only a week and a day out from the date on the calendar but I wouldn't be surprised if they miss that date. Hopefully Scuttle will get some aerial pictures today which should really help assess whether they will make the date or not.

BigDeal

Never Doubt the Mouse

Seriously...they'll work 24x7 between now and the soft opening of Storybook Circus. I remember when they opened EPCOT. Trees out front were still being planted the morning of opening... It won't be the whole area open at one time, but they'll get at least one Dumbo operational and the area "presentable". :animwink:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
One of the latest Disney Blog posts indicated Storybook Circus would open in "late March" despite what it still says on the calendar. We are only a week and a day out from the date on the calendar but I wouldn't be surprised if they miss that date. Hopefully Scuttle will get some aerial pictures today which should really help whether they will make the date or not.

Too cloudy and windy today. Scuttle says the flight has been rescheduled for Monday. Fingers crossed.

Scuttle

Too cloudy and windy today. Scuttle says the flight has been rescheduled for Monday. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the comments guys. Your welcome, I love taking the aerials. Yes it was too windy today and the clouds were way to low to fly. We would have had to file an IFR plan if we were going to leave the traffic pattern and that is quite pointless when trying to take pictures. The forecast for Monday is good, but there is a cold front coming through and if it lingers into Monday morning we could be in a bit of trouble. We will have to wait and see. Also like I said in the other posts this isn't going to be a great aerial update. The windows on this plane are old and have a yellow tint to them, so I am going to have to shoot either out the air vent hole on the window or the front windshield. I'll be happy if I can get just a handful of good shots this time.

Here's an example I took today. As you can tell I can't even shoot out the side windows at all, especially from 3,000 feet. The first shot is from the front windshield and the second from the side, but I think I am going for the air vent hole so there won't be any window in front of the shot. Also the sun was behind those shots making them look even worse, but there still not very good quality.

Attachments

• practice shots 003.jpg
    practice shots 003.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 133
  • practice shots 004.jpg
    practice shots 004.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 118

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
One of the latest Disney Blog posts indicated Storybook Circus would open in "late March" despite what it still says on the calendar. We are only a week and a day out from the date on the calendar but I wouldn't be surprised if they miss that date. Hopefully Scuttle will get some aerial pictures today which should really help whether they will make the date or not.

Whose ass needs help?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seriously...they'll work 24x7 between now and the soft opening of Storybook Circus. I remember when they opened EPCOT. Trees out front were still being planted the morning of opening... It won't be the whole area open at one time, but they'll get at least one Dumbo operational and the area "presentable". :animwink:

Yeah, since they haven't updated the calendar I have started to think this might be what happens, they open Dumbo on the 12th and everything else waits until later in the month.

Dan

rpk4444

Thanks for the comments guys. Your welcome, I love taking the aerials. Yes it was too windy today and the clouds were way to low to fly. We would have had to file an IFR plan if we were going to leave the traffic pattern and that is quite pointless when trying to take pictures. The forecast for Monday is good, but there is a cold front coming through and if it lingers into Monday morning we could be in a bit of trouble. We will have to wait and see. Also like I said in the other posts this isn't going to be a great aerial update. The windows on this plane are old and have a yellow tint to them, so I am going to have to shoot either out the air vent hole on the window or the front windshield. I'll be happy if I can get just a handful of good shots this time.

Here's an example I took today. As you can tell I can't even shoot out the side windows at all, especially from 3,000 feet. The first shot is from the front windshield and the second from the side, but I think I am going for the air vent hole so there won't be any window in front of the shot. Also the sun was behind those shots making them look even worse, but there still not very good quality.

If you think of it, could you get a pic of the skyway area. I'm curious how that looks now.

CaptJapan

You could say Scuttle really gets us..."bird's eye views!"

*rimshot*

"bird's eye view!" get it...cause scuttle's a bird!

*crickets*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom