19 more days to get Storybook Circus open!

muse1983

The last I had heard was that Storybook Circus wasn't going to be opening until March 31st and it would only be 1 of the Dumbo spinners, the Great Goofini Coaster and the train station. Did something change??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The last I had heard was that Storybook Circus wasn't going to be opening until March 31st and it would only be 1 of the Dumbo spinners, the Great Goofini Coaster and the train station. Did something change??

Disney have never publicly given out a date, just late March.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really wish they would of waited until the summer for a grand opening. It's not like Disney to open an attraction/land half way done. We waited this long, we can wait another 3-4 months. Very tacky... I will not visit story book circus until its all complete. That way I get the wow feeling when i first walk into the land.

They probably will wait until summer for they do an official "grand opening", but it doesn't hurt to get as much open now as possible. Storybook Circus isn't going to be complete until sometime in 2013, so it would be silly to have completed rides sitting there waiting for the rest of it to get finished.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Your telling me a major attraction like dumbo opening one spinner and no queue has happened before. Imagine tower of terror opening with one shaft and no queue. That's a joke. I have never seen anything like that happening until now. They should of waited to open it completed.

It's all about capacity.. they are coming up on one of the busiest times of the year for the park. They always find various 'half-baked' things to add to capacity during this time.

UoE opened a complete half hybrid to help with crowds.

Actual guests there during the time will appreciate another ride being open and a favorite at that. They aren't going to wish Disney had waited and excluded them and gave them even less to do in the park.

estam

If you look at Scuttle latest photo's you would see that they are still busy doing work at the base of the old Dumbo.
They are still trying to make the outer ring of the water basin.
Which is a bit strange but they will have there reasons to do so.:shrug:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So they just gave themselves a few more weeks, and they're still not planning to open the two Dumbo's together?

The information from Disney press releases and imagineer interviews had always indicated that the old Dumbo would open much later then the new one. When the old base was moved next to the new one and the date pushed back from Feb to March I think it lead us to believe they might open together, but I think the separate opening has been the plan all along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom