Trip Report $150 for 11 days

The majority of people who visited my pre trip report don't think I can do it within my budget. I am going to try and write my TR every day including how much money I spent.

3 Nov. was a travel day. I flew BA from Gatwick. The flight was fine and I got to All Star Sport around 9pm. Unpacked and went to bed. Total spent $0

Allym146

Nice job! What's your total $ left in the budget? It seems like you're ahead of the game! Where did you get the free sandwich and brownie coupon from?

CheersBigEars

Original Poster
Thanks for all the kind words but it actually isn't that hard to be frugal especially since I have a bag full of yummy treats with me.

8 Nov
I was up early and at AK before opening. I read online that the animals are most active in the morning so my first stop was the safari. The online info was correct and I saw most of the animals moving around. After the safari I went to the Festival of the Lion King. Such an entertaining show! I did the jungle walk mostly for the greenery. I love the lush foliage at AK. I had an early lunch of fried rice at Y&Y and treated myself to a banana for dessert. Tummy nice and full I waddled over to It's a bug's life stopping along the way to check out the explorers displays. I used my last FP for Dinosaur and exited the park. I got the bus to AKL to look around. There were lots of animals on the savannah so I sat for awhile on the observation deck enjoying the tranquility. I made my way back to my hotel to nap because I wanted to enjoy MK emh.

Allygator

Thanks for all the kind words but it actually isn't that hard to be frugal especially since I have a bag full of yummy treats with me.

8 Nov
I was up early and at AK before opening. I read online that the animals are most active in the morning so my first stop was the safari. The online info was correct and I saw most of the animals moving around. After the safari I went to the Festival of the Lion King. Such an entertaining show! I did the jungle walk mostly for the greenery. I love the lush foliage at AK. I had an early lunch of fried rice at Y&Y and treated myself to a banana for dessert. Tummy nice and full I waddled over to It's a bug's life stopping along the way to check out the explorers displays. I used my last FP for Dinosaur and exited the park. I got the bus to AKL to look around. There were lots of animals on the savannah so I sat for awhile on the observation deck enjoying the tranquility. I made my way back to my hotel to nap because I wanted to enjoy MK emh.
I heard there's kitchen tours at Sanaa and I believe another restaurant (Jikos not positive). They give you a tour of the restaurant and free food samples. I'm sure someone on here can verify. I hear it's before 5:00pm. Love following along. :)

CheersBigEars

Original Poster
I had a good nap, made some katsuba noodles for dinner and got the bus to MK around 8. By the time I got there it had started drizzling but a bit of rain doesn't bother me. I leisurely looked at all the shops on MS and all the christmas decorations. I really took my time enjoying all the special touches that Disney does so well. The castle is beautifully lit up and there are many other decorations worth noting.
After I was done soaking up the magic I made my way on the Jungle Cruise. The decorations throughout that were fun as well. Wanting to try something new(and sit somewhere dry as it was really pooring by now) I saw Country Bear Jamboree. It might be a cultural thing but those bears are CREEPY! I couldn't understand half they were saying and I was very happy when it was finished.
It was still pooring but I made my way over the HM and after that Mickey' s Philharmagic. My feet were cold and wet but I refused to give up so went on ISW. The stereotyping on that is shockingly funny. Carousel of Progress next in the hope it would be warm inside (it wasn't).
I wanted to do the Peoplemover but it was closed so did Buzz instead. Maxed out on my first go so didn't feel like riding it any more that night. It was still pooring and I was so cold and wet I gave up and went back to my hotel. I was in bed by midnight disappointed I hadn't made it till closing.
Fun but wet day, total cost $6.54

CheersBigEars

Original Poster
I don't spent that much so it is easy to remember when I am writing my TR for the day. I know I am under budget so haven't tallied it up yet.

9 November
Even though I am not setting my alarm I still wake up early. I felt like going to HS this morning to ride TSMM and ToT. I was on time for RD and walked on TSMM. Still not very good at it but I have too much fun to care. ToT had no wait so I was quickly laughing and screaming while falling down an elevator shaft.
I saw Beauty and the Beast and rode TGMR. I had FP's for TSMM and ToT so did both again. After that the park was very busy so I hopped on the first bus that arrived to a different resort. As luck would have it it was AoA. I hadn't been there before and I was seriously impressed. The theming is spectacular and I am sure the family suites are nice when you have kids.
I had a relaxing nap at the pool after I checked the resort out. I bought some fruit,2 slices of bread and a hard boiled egg at the foodcourt and got the bus back to HS. I went to One man's dream and took my time reading all the signs etc.
I had a nice picknick (made an egg sandwich with some free mayo and salt and pepper) sitting by the little pond where that boat is that sells snacks. Great spot to people watch and comfy seats.
It was nearly closing time so I got in line for TSMM as it was very short. Took less then 15 min to ride it. Still a low score, still fun. When I came out all the rides were closed but the Osbourne Spectical of Dancing Lights was going on so I made my way over. All I can say about that is WOW! So utterly amazingly fun! I am not one for a subdued classy christmas. I like it bright and blinking and fun and HS certainly delivered on that. I just loved it! Unfortunately I was politely asked to leave as the park was closing otherwise I would probably still be there.
Tomorrow is EMH at HS so I will be back!
Lovely bright christmassy day which cost me $6.59

Allym146

If on your last day you find yourself with extra $ will you splurge or spend as usual, possibly spending less then $150? I feel like if I got to the last day and had $50 left I'd go all out hahah!

CheersBigEars

Original Poster
10 November. I was up early but chatted with home too long so didn't get the bus to MK till 8.45. It was super busy at the bus stop and it has been surprisingly busy in the park. MK closes at 7pm today do I thought it would be a quiet day.
I started with Winnie the Pooh because it still had a short line. After that I rode Buzz again, I maxed out again and it is just not as fun anymore.
Did the HM and the Liberty Bell boat ride next. I had a FP for Splash Mountain and got sprayed pretty badly. The weather hasn't been great the last few days but Splash is too much fun to skip.

Last edited:

CheersBigEars

Original Poster
After Splash I had lunch at Tortuga Tavern. The kids cheese quesadilla meal is a good deal at $6.38. I got 2 small quesadillas, 2 bags of grapes and a bottle of OJ. I made a nice salad with the toppings bar offerings. I am starting to miss fresh fruit and veggies so this was a great free bonus.
After lunch I watched the Shake it dance party and rode the peoplemover. I had a FP to see Cinderella and Rapunzul. (My gd really wanted pics of them) I awkwardly had my picture taken with them and then used my last FP for the parade. The parade was even better the second time around. Went home to nap as it looked like it was going to pour and there were long line everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom