Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Can you feel the love tonight?!

We made it! We ran through the showers, and made it just in time for show! They even sat us in unused reserved seating, so it was up close and personal! We were in the warthog section.. OH yeah warthogs! I hadn't seen this since 2006, and again, it's a tearjerker! I can understand why they are relocating this show rather than getting rid of it.. it's spectacular!!

My pictures inside were pretty awful, but you must see this show! The song the circle of life made me cry, my friend was just sitting there laughing at me while I was hysterical! The whole show literally gave me goosebumps, okay so maybe we were cold and wet, but the tears were real! The monkeys in the beginning are so much fun to watch do their gymnastics tricks.. it is a really entertaining production. I remember about a month or two ago Live with Kelly and Michael were filming in Disney and the one morning they had the singers from the lion king come out and introduce the show. I couldn't wait from that day on to catch this!

Since we were in the Camp-Minnie-Mickey area, we decided to see what characters we could meet! I had never met Pocahontas before, and we wanted to meet every princess, so we found out she would be out in 15 minutes. We really got the timing right on everything, just by chance!

She asked us about our satchels, and we complimented her shoes.. She was super sweet. They told us before hand that she was out fishing, I love how everyone, all the CMs, truly keep with the stories.

After this we had time to kill before the 3:45 parade, so we decided to just look around the stores and be our crazy spontaneous selves.

I tried to take a picture with a pole every day, why? I have no clue! We ended up stumbling upon Dug and Russell from Up! so in line we went! They were extremely adorable, Dug even had a stuffed animal squirrel he kept in his wagon. They gave the biggest hugs. :)

More shopping followed.. and I ended up buying Mickey studs and some mickey shaped hair clips, in zebra and cheetah print, mind you. I tried to convince my best friend to buy the lone ranger hat, ever since we saw the film I told her this was her must have hat for Disney. She never got it though :(

It was raining pretty good at this point, so we stayed indoors until about 3:30 when it was time to stake out a spot for my favorite parade, the jammin' jungle parade! I love the part where minnie is singing and it goes something like, "pata pata, pata a meeeeeeee" God I love that song LOL. So, we didn't bring our ponchos today, big whoops!! ALWAYS HAVE YOUR PONCHO!!

It was downpouring for the whole parade. I couldn't believe they let the characters out in the rain! They must be sooo wet! We were drenched, yet again! Is this a theme? Haha! So we debated, either stay in a store and stick it out, or make a run for the bus. We decided on the second option, and I don't think I've even been so wet in my entire life. A CM yelled to me as I was running out, "Man, I feel bad for you, cats hate water!" At first I was so confused and then I remembered my ears! Be careful if you decide to wear flip flops to the park, it can be sunny one minute, then pouring the next and it is hard to run when you are slipping everywhere! This rain didn't even stop, it poured for pretty much the rest of the afternoon. :(

I felt so bad on the bus because I was soaked and when I got off at POFQ, there was a legit puddle on my seat. Those buses are COLD when you are wet!! We warmed up in our lovely room, showered and wrung out our clothes, and my ears. :) It was nice to relax, watch some Stacey and some Adventures by Disney and just catch up on some much needed sleep. We didn't stay put for too long though.. it was off to BOMA for dinner!

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Getting ready for Boma!!

We put on our ponchos, and out we went to hop a bus to Magic Kingdom, (it was the only bus that was coming) and the Animal Kingdom lodge! Turns out we had just missed the bus, so we chatted with a mother and daughter about where we were off too.. and they talked about how they hated being soaking wet and missing the bus! We explained our situation earlier, and we all enjoyed a good laugh. Soon the bus came.. we might actually be on time!

Animal Kingdom Lodge is huge! There were two bus stops, and of course we were the second, so again we were late to dinner!

Had to wait a little for our table, so we took photos! You can't ever take enough! Soon our buzzer went off, and we were seated. A little drum processional/band type things goes through every once in awhile and a lady screams.. it's really neat. It made for good entertainment! You can kind of see it in the photo, again, I'm sorry, I'm horrible!

Here's my first course, mushroom soup and various salads!

Ordered a pina colava, hey it's vacation, right?

Second plate was some coconut flavored rice, fufu which is mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes mixed together, african spiced roast beef, durban chicken, some sort of egg and beef lasagna, and i want to say some sort of oatmealy thing. I can't remember the exact names.. but it was all pretty different and tasty! I liked that it was a buffet so I could try different things, yet they still had some food I recognized. We were both pretty afraid of trying Boma, but I really wanted to eat at the AKL because I love that resort, and this seemed like the safest option.

Last was the desserts and all I can say is OH MY GOD ZEBRA DOMES. I'm about to go join the cult. It's no wonder these have a following!

We walked around the lodge for awhile, we did not want to move! Buffets are a killer!

We ended up outside and saw giraffes resting their heads on trees! Now that is something you just don't see everyday. Only in Disney can you walk outside and poof, there's a giraffe!

They had a fire going outside, and I've never been in 80 degree weather and wanted to sit by a fire so bad! It's so inviting.

After exploring, we decided we really wanted stuffed animals, so we made a spontaneous decision to go to DTD and look for animals we could hug. This turned out the be a really bad idea, because we were both exhausted! When you're tired, go to bed! We walked around World of Disney, didn't find anyone we wanted, and walked back to the bus. The bus ended up sharing with Riverside and they went to Riverside first. I think this happens when there aren't a lot of people going backto POFQ.. anyway we had to sit through all four depots of Riverside, north, south, east, west.. we were getting pretty cranky! You know that tired feeling, where you almost feel drunk? Yep that was us, laughing at everything and anything. We found it all hysterical. It took us about an hour to get back from DTD. We learned our lesson though, when you're tired, go home to sleep! My bed never felt better, and I was okay about not having a stuffed animal for the night. I passed out as soon as the lights were out!

Thanks for following along guys, I will try to post as much as I can, but will be busy this week.. so please understand! I wish I was back in Disney :( :( Sweet dreams!

Last edited:

farrellbarrel

I love my Dooney bag, it was the perfect size for my phone, camera, and wallet.. and I love that it was cross body, I loved having my arms and hands free!

It's just so cute so that's why I splurged. :)
I need a bag just that size, and I want it to be basically that design. I like it better in your pictures than on the Disney store website. I might have to get it. Thanks !!! :)

LizC

I totally agree with you about AK! The theming is amazing and Dinosaur is one of my favorite rides (I'm to chicken to go on EE). I have never seen the Nemo show, definitely a must do for me in February.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report, can't wait to see which other cupcakes you tried. That one in AK is a definite winner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom