Trip Report 10 days goes too fast in Disney World! July Trip Report

So.. I debated back and forth on whether or not I should write a trip report! Bringing back all my Disney memories is bittersweet, I wish I was still there! However, I do not want to forget anything about my wonderful, amazing trip so here goes! Hope you enjoy :)

I went to Disney from July 14-23, got stuck in Orlando so we didn't really leave until the 24th, with my best friend. This is my fourth trip to Disney and this was her probably 14th, haha. We had never been on vacation together, but we are inseparable at home, so we knew we'd have no problems!! I'm an Ariel lover, Disney World obsessed fan, who comes on these forums WAY TOO MUCH :) My name's Nicole and the girl with the brown hair is my best friend! :) Her favorite princess is Aurora, and is pretty upset there isn't a sleeping beauty ride, or show, or really anything in Disney World! We had tons of plans, we wanted to do the cupcake challenge, where you eat a different cupcake everyday, we wanted to drink around the world, we had a ton of things on our must do lists. Disney here we come!

Day One:

Our flight to Disney was at 6:00 AM from Newark so we had to be at the airport around 4 AM! We TRIED to go to sleep early, but all our adrenaline and excitement made that impossible! Finally around 10 PM we fell asleep, and set our alarms for 3:15 AM to go to the airport. When my alarm went off, I was a little cranky and wondered why we picked such an early flight, but then the excitement of going to Disney World crept up, and I was fully awake.

imagejpg1_zps02b4467e.jpg

I'm the blonde!

Our flight there was super fast, and we arrived at 8:40 AM. We planned this right! We'd have a full day!! Off it was to find the magical express, did I mention, my friend and I are directionally challenged.
We went all the way downstairs and saw a bunch of Disney cruise buses only to find out we were on the wrong side of the airport, the magical express in on the B side just so everyone knows :) Back up the stairs and off to the other side we went.

We found the magical express area right away, and since it was early, it wasn't crowded at all! I remember when I went to Disney in November the lines being super long, but the lines were really short when we arrived! We hopped right on the bus, and we were off! Driving through the Walt Disney World sign gave me goosebumps, I could not believe I was really here! My level of excitement increased with each big purple sign with Mickey ears on top we passed.

imagejpg1_zpsee2f59b2.jpg

Stop one was Old Key West Resort, stop two was Saratoga Springs, and stop three was our new home, Port Orleans French Quarter! I had never stayed here before, but just seeing the signs saying "Welcome Home" made me all teary-eyed. I'm such a Disney sap.

We checked in immediately, there was no lines at all, and since I had done the online check in, our room was ready! We were in building 4, room 4309, near the bus stop and food court. We had a garden view, and the room was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a better room!

We quickly unpacked our carry-ons since our luggage hadn't arrived yet, and then began exploring! We each packed all our headwear in our carry-ons, so for our very first day we decided to wear matching minnie-ears. While we unpacked, we watched Stacey! What kind of Disney trip is it if you don't watch her must dos! Unt pretzel, unt beer!

We walked along the Sassagoula River, checked out the pool area, and checked out the food court. This resort is BEAUTIFUL. It's small and easy to get around, and the landscapers were even the friendliest people. They offered to take our picture in front of the fountain. Thanks again!

After we made our way full circle around our resort, it was off to Magic Kingdom! It was around 1130 AM when we hopped on the first Disney bus to the parks! Hearing the themed music, where the horns are blaring to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom, made me instantly emotional! We put our key to world card up to the new Mickey turnstiles, watched Mickey light up green, and were inside! AHHHH!!!

We hurriedly picked up our photopass and continued on. That first walk down main street is still a blur in my mind. As soon as I saw that castle, I realized I was truly here, my happiest place on earth. The tears started welling up in my eyes, I could not believe it! After months of visiting these forums and looking at everyone's pictures, it was finally my turn! I was so happy and overwhelmed and then BAM the "move it, shake it, celebrate it" parade started going on. I swear it's like they were celebrating our arrival :) We both were laughing and dancing, and waving at every character that passed by. It was the best entrance I've ever had.

We couldn't decide what we wanted to do first, we had no plan! So we started wandering! We took as many photopass pictures and we could, and then decided to head to new fantasyland. We both had last visited in 2011, so we were excited! On the way, we saw a Tiana, and there wasn't a line, so we had to meet her right away! She was extremely nice, and really pretty!

New fantasyland did not live up to my expectations, I guess because the huge mine train is in the middle of everything. It kind of takes away from the whole immersive experience. I think I may have rathered they open everything up at once, instead of in stages. Don't get me wrong, all the detailing in this area of the park is one the reasons I love Disney World so much.. they truly go that extra mile.

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Oh, to be 20 something again and be able to eat like a lumberjack!!! Wow, if I ate even half of that, I wouldn't be able to walk for a week:) It is so fun to see you guys loving it all and eating exactly what you want! I guess I'm a little envious that you can eat so much and still look great.
way to go guys:)

One day it will catch up to me.. haha.. and I am usually pretty good at home but calories don't count in Disney!!

jabbamfhutt1

Best. Trip. Report. EVER!!
I just read the entire thing a second time and it was even better. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this. I'm going again in early September with my daughter. I hope we can accomplish half as much as you!!

We need to take up a collection here to send you again just for another trip report. I'm in for $500!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Best. Trip. Report. EVER!!
I just read the entire thing a second time and it was even better. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this. I'm going again in early September with my daughter. I hope we can accomplish half as much as you!!

We need to take up a collection here to send you again just for another trip report. I'm in for $500!! :)
500?!? Oh my goodness my next trip report better be epic!! Don't know how I can live up to this standard I've set for myself!!

But really.. Thanks so much for reading..TWICE!!

Man I wish I could show my old creative writing and English teachers this report.. Lol!

Enjoy September!!! Soooo excited for you.. And maybe a tad jealous! :)

jjbuster2

I feel you! Probably won't be getting back to Disney until 2016.. but I still obsessively look at menus and resorts and the forums so I'll know EXACTLY what I'll want when I return! The Disney blues are the worst :( At least we are in the same boat.

Thanks for reading... this trip was so long ago, yet I can still picture each day perfectly. Amazing how some days of your life are just meaningful. :)

I started reading this TR because it had floated to the top of the list, but I started noticing things...Camp Minnie Mickey (hasn't that been closed a while now), The Backlot Tour, The Sorcerers Hat...then I looked at the date and realized it was 2 years ago. But I was enjoying it so much, I kept reading. POFQ is my family's favorite! In 2014 we managed both a March Spring Break trip and a Thanksgiving trip. It will 2016 before we make it back again. I never wrote a trip report before but always wanted to. Yours is so inspiring (and fun ;)) that I might have to finally write one on that next trip. Have fun planning your next one!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I started reading this TR because it had floated to the top of the list, but I started noticing things...Camp Minnie Mickey (hasn't that been closed a while now), The Backlot Tour, The Sorcerers Hat...then I looked at the date and realized it was 2 years ago. But I was enjoying it so much, I kept reading. POFQ is my family's favorite! In 2014 we managed both a March Spring Break trip and a Thanksgiving trip. It will 2016 before we make it back again. I never wrote a trip report before but always wanted to. Yours is so inspiring (and fun ;)) that I might have to finally write one on that next trip. Have fun planning your next one!

Thank you for your sweet comment! This trip does now seem like forever ago! You will definitley have to write a trip report when you go! And thanks again for reading.. :) :)

Davkind76

WOW

I have actually been reading these forums for about 2 years now on a daily/weekly basis, but FINALLY signed up simply to BUMP this trip report and declare it the GREATEST WDW trip report EVER.

My DD12 and I spent 3 hours on Sunday afternoon going through this report and it was amazing.

We are planning a 12 night stay in August and stumbled cross the thread and Im glad we did.

We NEED Nicole and Michelle pt 2 someday :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom