Space Mountain Audio

PatNSCT

Original Poster
Looked quick and didn't see this anywhere. Just got off of Space Mountain, and the attraction now has a new soundtrack. There are numerous sound effects, as well as music through the entire attraction! Sounds amazing!

HMF

OK' so apparently the Space Mountain Refurb was not a total waste of time. Is it the same as the DL audio?

jtizzle1023

YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
SO SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET OVER THERE AND RECORD IT!!!!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, if it wasn't before, it's now officially entered "leave the pregnant wife and toddler to go and ride" status on my next trip. Time for a FP and single rider!

enoe01

Glad to see Space Mountain getting some more attention. I hope it sounds awsome, cant wait to check it out myself in October. Now we just need to get TDO to do the Halloween overlay for Space like they have in DL.

Mr.EPCOT

I was wondering if that was the case, I was riding the PeopleMover on Saturday and thought I heard some new sound effect passing through the lift hill area. I didn't ride, though, because the line was 70 minutes. Also, the star tunnel music was off on the PeopleMover.

WDWFigment

I was wondering if that was the case, I was riding the PeopleMover on Saturday and thought I heard some new sound effect passing through the lift hill area. I didn't ride, though, because the line was 70 minutes. Also, the star tunnel music was off on the PeopleMover.

I wonder if it will remain this way. Great news in general. Can you provide any details as to how the audio is accomplished? I'd assume it's not on-board since we'd probably have learned of new rockets earlier, but is is triggered by the rockets passing certain points, or just blasted throughout the mountain? How does it sound (quality-wise, not asking you to "describe" music).

SeaCastle

Anyone know how far back this pushes the timetable (if any) for in-rocket music? Regardless, I'm very excited to hear about the new additions. Hopefully they release the new music on the Official Album. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Anyone know how far back this pushes the timetable (if any) for in-rocket music? Regardless, I'm very excited to hear about the new additions. Hopefully they release the new music on the Official Album. :)

I really don't think at this point there is a timetable.

PatNSCT

Original Poster
It is not onboard audio, no. There is music constantly playing throughout the entire attraction, and then there are sound effects that are triggered as rockets go past. The music has an almost techno sound to it, and it is very clear and sounds pretty awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom