'The Taste of Africa Street Party' coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom on July 9

jakeman

Sounds great. I hate that I'm going to miss it.

If the food is handled by the folks at Tusker's this will be good.

Atomicmickey

I like the sound of this, great use of Harambe if you ask me. I just enjoy hanging around there soaking up the ambiance, and this sounds like an enhancement. I hope the DJ plays African music that isn't too loud, though.

Hoping it is permanent, 'cause I won't be there during the time it's on. Looking forward to some reviews and video once it starts.

BrerFrog

I like the sound of this, great use of Harambe if you ask me. I just enjoy hanging around there soaking up the ambiance, and this sounds like an enhancement. I hope the DJ plays African music that isn't too loud, though.

Hoping it is permanent, 'cause I won't be there during the time it's on. Looking forward to some reviews and video once it starts.

Agreed. I hope it will stick around long enough for me to watch it.

Bolna

I think this sounds like a great addition! I guess it makes only sense during the summer anyway since AK closes so early in the other times of the year anyway.

I wonder wether this has something to do with the soccer world cup being held in South Africa this year? At least here in Germany people appear to be much more interested in Africa due to the many reports from there at the moment.

munkgirl

I'll be around on the day it starts. I'll definitely go and take pictures and do a write up, if I'm not working!

If anyone other members plan to go the first night, PM me! I'll probably be there with my step-dad!

That sounds like something worth checkin' out! I'm excited that I'll be there for it!! Any ideas of what foods or beer/wine they'll be serving..??

NadieMasK2

This sounds great! Should definitely help add a little something special to AK, which is definitely needed in the evening hours.

Kamikaze

Vuvuzelas?

djkidkaz

Obviously they are doing this because they can see that people aren't staying in the park after the parade. As we saw earlier this year, they already tried pushing the parade back to park close and that didn't work either it would seem, so this must be the next attempt. The one good thing about this is that it tells me they are trying to keep people in the park longer and when this also fails, maybe they will realize that more attractions are the only thing thats going to keep people there later.

Oh and if they do some stupid ISH like put a DJ in there and play stuff like Macarena or the Black Eyed Peas, I will literally walk in there and punch out the DJ's lights.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hmm...It reminds me of a mini F&W Fest in AK For a country that's not fully represented in World Showcase..Still it is good to put something there to keep guests to stay.

majortom1981

Please tell me they are using the employees from africa to do this. I stayed at kidani village in may and i htought the best part was talking to the people from africa.

drossjr

Can't wait to check this out during my honeymoon in July.

We are staying at AKL as well so it will definatley add a little extra to the experience of the overall trip.

I agree with AtomicMickey I love this part of the AK.

I do think that generally the park at night is lacking especially for the night extra magic hours so hopefully this will be a plus

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom