Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

Used2BePluto

Original Poster
Hot off the pixels of the internet:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-disney2808jun28,0,2367595.story

Note, ALL the clubs are shutting down, closing, etc. Sept 27th. Though AC is not actually mentioned, we know that it is also closing and let us all pray that AC does get to re-open.

Mark, and yes, I used to be Pluto, and yes, the posting by me about a boy's last wish before he died, that brought tears to many eyeballs in the forums IS TRUE.

Cmdr_Crimson

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Oh Please don't get rid of the Adventurer's Club..And why does this have to happen the Day I land out there!!!

Einselen

Glad I did not get a preferred AP to get free entrance to P.I. if so I would be upset since I don't think I would have been using it to get to the water parks.

brkgnews

I hate to be this way... but the ONLY thing I'll miss from PI is Adventurers Club.

RIP, Kungaloosh. :( (Let's hope that the W.A. rumors about AC being revamped/reimagined and going elsewhere on property are true).

Depressing news for a lot of adult WDW fans. I was unable to experience PI, so therefore, I'm indifferent on the matter. Does anyone here have any memories about their PI experiences they would like to reflect on?

benji

I will miss Pleasure Island. I was sad to see Jessica Rabbit and the West End stage come down years back. Disney was the first to make an adult entertainment complex that was fun and safe, and they did it well. I think this is Disney's plan to get rid of all the teen agers that have been hanging around making trouble in DTD. I can't wait to see what they do with the island and if it will have a new name. Again, I will miss Pleasure Island.:(

wdwfan100

I too hope AC somehow makes it past the redesign. What about Raglan Road? It would seem like that would fit into the desired style already. I love Raglan Road too.

TP2000

Good riddance. I always thought Pleasure Island was like a cross between a beer-soaked frat party and a really bad wedding reception. I have been skipping Pleasure Island entirely since 1995. I won't miss it one bit, and Disney is smart to move on.

That said, I had to laugh at Kevin Lansberry, Vice President Downtown Disney when he told the media with a straight face that there is a "bold new vision" for Pleasure Island. An expanded mall full of national chains set up outdoors with the obligatory "whimsy" and "style" is a bold new vision? :ROFLOL:

That's a good one Mr. Lansberry! Why not just fess up and announce you are turning Downtown Disney into the same type of outdoor entertainment malls that have already been proved popular in most other Sun Belt cities?

There are a good half dozen of them in Southern California alone, and I'm sure the Imagineers in Glendale have been influenced in their "bold new vision" by such succesful California centers like these nearby WDI headquarters in Glendale
http://www.americanaatbrand.com/
http://www.thegrovela.com/

Or this one near Disneyland
http://www.shopirvinespectrumcenter.com/

All of these centers combine upscale shopping, dining, movies, entertainment, and rides set up in themed, well designed environments. It's not new, and it's not bold. It's been proven succesful in many upper middle class suburbs in the Sun Belt over the last decade.

Wow how sad :cry: I hope a gay club buys the Mannequins floor and reinstalls it. Thats what I will miss the most and of course Thursday night during Gay Days! Stupid Disney. :hammer:

mickeysaver

OMG! We are going to be there on the 26th! We had planned to go wish it farewell, but who knew that it would be so oddly appropriately timed. I am so sad that AC is closing too. :cry:

TravisMT81

PI was the only place I could go in Florida that was a smoke free enviroment. I also felt safe and it was relatively cheap for me. Now I have no clue where I will go out. I really don't feel safe going downtown.

imamouse

I hate to be this way... but the ONLY thing I'll miss from PI is Adventurers Club.

RIP, Kungaloosh. :( (Let's hope that the W.A. rumors about AC being revamped/reimagined and going elsewhere on property are true).

Same here. How about including an AC send off with the WWW schedule? The last night they'll be open will be crazy busy - better to try the 24th or 25th ;).

NCState

Good riddance. I always thought Pleasure Island was like a cross between a beer-soaked frat party and a really bad wedding reception. I have been skipping Pleasure Island entirely since 1995. I won't miss it one bit, and Disney is smart to move on.

You are so right, I couldn't have typed it any better.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom