Fantasmic added nightly through atleast September 30th

boufa

Hmmm I don't understand...added performances every night in July and September but not August? It still has the limited schedule and only shows one show on those nights which I wouldn't think would work out. So why add performances every night in September which is considered off seasonish and not every night in August which is still summer?

While I am sure that Disney has its own internal numbers that they use, I gonna illustrate why add shows across several days vs mutliples on one day. Even in September.

I am going the last week of September. The 2 previously scheduled Fantasmic days were 5.2's on the crowd calendar (Sunday and Thursday) Guess what wed's crowd level is (was) ..... 0.1. So if I read the calendar right that they take every day, rank them and then give them a number, then 5.2 would mean that it is a average crowd... and 0.1 would be one of the 10 slowest days of the entire year. Now, give us a fantasmic every night, and you spread that crowd out instead of concentrating it. I would bet once they figure it out on touringplans.com that the 0.1 will jump to about 1.8 and the 5.2 will come down to the same level.

Between the crowds and the limited options, I was going to skip fantasmic this trip. (have never seen it). Now I am glad that I will still get a chance.

Longhairbear

We go to WDW every Oct. and haven't seen Fantazmic in years as it was not scheduled when we were at DHS. I didn't know it does not show every night until I started reading this site.
When was the last time the show ran every evening?

WDWFigment

I won't be going during this time frame, but if I were, I honestly wouldn't be all that pleased with this news, (even though I think it makes a lot of sense for Disney). Here's why:

1) Days following showings of Fantasmic! generally have really light crowds. Since we don't have much interest in seeing F! at WDW, we usually go to DHS on those days to avoid crowds. This will do a lot to more uniformly distribute crowds.

2) If, for some reason, we did want to see F!, we would show up very late on a day with 2 performances (and there invariably seems to be at least one such day on our summer trips). On these occasions, we've always been able to show up 10 minutes before the second show started and still ended up with decent seats. This strategy won't be possible if there's one show per night.

So, this news is probably not so great for people who don't care about F! or who can carefully plan their schedule to attend a 2nd showing of F! However, from the perspective of crowd management, especially during what's shaping up to be a really busy summer, this is a great decision for Disney.

Kristamouse

Fantasmic is my husband's favorite thing in all of WDW. Last October when Fantasmic was only 2x per week we went got pretty good seats, had my DH and DS go and get us dinner so we could eat and chill while waiting. The show was great, kids were great then we had the hellacious exit...that was one of those times I wish all four of my kids were in strollers, for safety! There was so much pushing and shoving and people walking through me and my son while I was death gripping his hand. We just sat down and waited for the place to clear out and watched some of the video’s we had taken that day. We thought we were in the clear by sitting for a while but then we got on Sunset...that was even worse and it was about 30mins after the show...
For our trip in September we were not going to see Fantasmic, DH said it was not worth it. I hope this helps with the push of the crowds...

PolynesianPrincess

Fantasmic is my sister and my favorite show in WDW. When we went in May, there were 2 shows scheduled one of the nights we were there. When we got down to the ampitheater, they were announcing that the show was already full. So we decided to wait around and see the 2nd show. Big mistake! We ended up waiting in a huge crowd of people in that long pathway. It was hot, we had a bunch of high schoolers screaming and chanting in front of us, people pushing their way from the back to meet up with their party who was further up in line... It was a mess.
The 2nd time we went that week, we decided to go to the first show. Yes, we would still need to wait, but at least we got to sit down and wait rather than stand in a long line.

I think during busy times, 2 shows of Fantasmic might be a good idea. It's such a popular show so I don't understand why it's not nightly during the busier times with some nights having multiple shows. Also, what about if they had shows on nights with EMH only for those guests who stayed for EMH? Do you think that would be worth it and enough people would go? I know if I had the chance to see Fantasmic during EMH, I would definitely do it.

mm52200

Original Poster
I actually just looked on WDW's official site and they show Fantasmic happening every night in August, where WDWMagic doesnt' show it every night, which site would be right?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I actually just looked on WDW's official site and they show Fantasmic happening every night in August, where WDWMagic doesnt' show it every night, which site would be right?

The hours are still changing, so I'm still updating :)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The timimg of this seems rather suspect. Ticket prices go up, add more Fantasmic showings to counter the bad press. Still it's a great decision.

I agree. When Disney does something bad, it is inappropriate for them to do something good shortly thereafter. :rolleyes:

PhilharMagician

Fantasmic is my sister and my favorite show in WDW. When we went in May, there were 2 shows scheduled one of the nights we were there. When we got down to the ampitheater, they were announcing that the show was already full. So we decided to wait around and see the 2nd show. Big mistake! We ended up waiting in a huge crowd of people in that long pathway. It was hot, we had a bunch of high schoolers screaming and chanting in front of us, people pushing their way from the back to meet up with their party who was further up in line... It was a mess.
The 2nd time we went that week, we decided to go to the first show. Yes, we would still need to wait, but at least we got to sit down and wait rather than stand in a long line.

I think during busy times, 2 shows of Fantasmic might be a good idea. It's such a popular show so I don't understand why it's not nightly during the busier times with some nights having multiple shows. Also, what about if they had shows on nights with EMH only for those guests who stayed for EMH? Do you think that would be worth it and enough people would go? I know if I had the chance to see Fantasmic during EMH, I would definitely do it.

Cheering competitions in May? :brick: I have only run into them in December.

What great news! I was so afraid with the limited showings that WDW's Fantasmic was being phased out. I could never bear to see such an amazing show go down the drain. There were rumors that we heard from CMs that the show would be taken down and that's why there weren't as many showings as there used to be. It would be great if we got back on an every night schedule so crowds wouldn't be quite so bad...

ToTBellHop

This will be an improvement in the off season but a mess this summer...I remember back in the day when they had 3 showings a night!

backinaction

Fantasmic is my husband's favorite thing in all of WDW. Last October when Fantasmic was only 2x per week we went got pretty good seats, had my DH and DS go and get us dinner so we could eat and chill while waiting. The show was great, kids were great then we had the hellacious exit...that was one of those times I wish all four of my kids were in strollers, for safety! There was so much pushing and shoving and people walking through me and my son while I was death gripping his hand. We just sat down and waited for the place to clear out and watched some of the video’s we had taken that day. We thought we were in the clear by sitting for a while but then we got on Sunset...that was even worse and it was about 30mins after the show...
For our trip in September we were not going to see Fantasmic, DH said it was not worth it. I hope this helps with the push of the crowds...

A good way to avoid the crowds when leaving Fantasmic is to get up and start to leave as soon as the big boat passes by. That gives you a minute or two to get to the exit before the masses start to leave as well. You can also still watch the end of the show while your heading for the exit so you dont really miss anything....Even though i think Its the best show on Disney property, the end of fantasmic is the worst crowd situation in Disney, so my family will do almost anything to avoid it.

JustInTime

Hmm. I built my trip around fantasmic for September. Would it be smart crowd wise to swap the days out in case everyone else is planning on being in DHS the original Fantasmic night? Would it even matter?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom