MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, Perimeters are going to be incredible. I'm just VERY curious to the name and details of the new show, seeing that it won't be MMM. Perhaps it will be like Magical where Davidson releases info periodically. :D

It will be 'Magic, Music and Mayhem'

Testtrack321

I'm confused. This is Disney WORLD getting all this stuff, right? Disney WORLD is actually spending money? Who died?

We're getting a new fireworks show, an updated old parade, longer park hours (we needed a press conference for this), and an update to an attraction that's so easy to update they've done it 4 times before without closing it.

This is underwhelming.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We're getting a new fireworks show, an updated old parade, longer park hours (we needed a press conference for this), and an update to an attraction that's so easy to update they've done it 4 times before without closing it.

This is underwhelming.

Perhaps to you, but to many (including myself), this is a great and unexpected step forward. New entertainment, and tweeks to an existing ride are a very nice way of plussing the experience while the other big projects are still being built. They could have done nothing, but have chosen to do something.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

This is underwhelming.

They could have cut wishes down to a few nights a week, cut pyro from ROE, Fant! once a week, and shortened park hours across the board. Given the cut backs we've been seeing lately, I don't see how anyone could be dissapointed with the additions we're seeing for the summer.

SirGoofy

This is underwhelming.

Seriously?

Even I have to question this post. This is something that you never would have seen in the past 10 years, let alone for the price of regular admission.

This is the Disney way of doing things.:shrug:

raven

This is underwhelming.

Ah, so Universal employees are watching!

Horizons1

This is underwhelming.

I wouldn't say it's underwhelming, certainly nothing EPIC (but don't tell the Disney obssessed ones that), though. It is exciting. When was the last time WDW actually did a seasonal campaign? One that they ALONE are doing? At this point, I'll take it.

jakeman

Perhaps to you, but to many (including myself), this is a great and unexpected step forward. New entertainment, and tweeks to an existing ride are a very nice way of plussing the experience while the other big projects are still being built. They could have done nothing, but have chosen to do something.

They could have cut wishes down to a few nights a week, cut pyro from ROE, Fant! once a week, and shortened park hours across the board. Given the cut backs we've been seeing lately, I don't see how anyone could be dissapointed with the additions we're seeing for the summer.

Seriously?

Even I have to question this post. This is something that you never would have seen in the past 10 years, let alone for the price of regular admission.

This is the Disney way of doing things.:shrug:
I'm surprised it took 210 post...

I don't need to say it, but this is probably the first of many post saying these additions are inadquate.

Testtrack321

These are things they SHOULD be doing. I don't know if we're used to being treated badly that once they announce something, anything, we freak out and say TDO is spending tons of money.

I'm not asking for Beastly Kingdome here, nor am I demanding Horizons 2.0, a new JII, or whatever else was rumored. But statements like mickeysaver and others have been posting are confusing to me. We're getting an already developed fireworks show, some new effects in a ride that's been easily updated, some longer park hours in the summer (which always happens), and an updated parade that bounces park to park.

TDO didn't descend from the heavens, giving us life, water, and admission. They gave us what they should have been doing all along.

But maybe I'm just cranky from seeing DLR get all this new "stuff" under less pomp and circumstance.

Ah, so Universal employees are watching!

Flattering, but I'm still an engineering student in Dayton, Ohio. My best friend did just get hired onto attractions at WDW though...

I wouldn't say it's underwhelming, certainly nothing EPIC (but don't tell the Disney obssessed ones that), though. It is exciting. When was the last time WDW actually did a seasonal campaign? One that they ALONE are doing? At this point, I'll take it.

But see, it's not. This is an advertising clone of DLR from last year, one that had MORE stuff in it. Hell, if they announced a Murphy 2.0 at Fantasmic here I'd be happy.

mickeysaver

I need dates. Our anniversary is in early August. I would love to "Celebrate" with the Mouse. I also have in my possession a code that might work to save us some dough too. :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom