Inside WDW new space mountain 11/10/09

PhantomX

I agree with WDW1974 and Whylightbulb. The amount of excitment and hype I see here over arcade machines replacing the star tunnel, swaping orange for lime signage, and the new queue ceiling is alittle sad and disturbing.

Since we all knew the queue was getting inclosed what were you all expecting the room to look like for you to be so happy about the way it looks? Were you expecting a plain white room? lol

Concerning the Postshow, the robot dog has always been there but it looks like they moved the figures around to different scenes and added video screens.

djkidkaz

I agree with WDW1974 and Whylightbulb. The amount of excitment and hype I see here over arcade machines replacing the star tunnel, swaping orange for lime signage, and the new queue ceiling is alittle sad and disturbing.

Since we all knew the queue was getting inclosed what were you all expecting the room to look like for you to be so happy about the way it looks? Were you expecting a plain white room? lol

Concerning the Postshow, the robot dog has always been there but it looks like they moved the figures around to different scenes and added video screens.

Conundrum ban in 5, 4, 3, 2....

PhantomX

Of course not. :rolleyes: The "insiders" just like to point to eachother and say "well there were numerous accounts all over the board!" Really, Lee said it, then Martin agreed and WDW1974 agreed? Yay, it must be true!! :hammer:

I can tell you for a fact that Disney had plans in 2007 I believe it was to close down Space Mountain for over a year for a complete Disneyland calibur redo with new track, onboard audio, and many new effects and surprises. It was even announced on the Cast Portal and later removed.

dznygirl64

I love it how people get upset over such silly things on here.Lets all see what its like when it finally opens.If you dont like it there is nothing you can do about it anyway.

Main Street USA

The "robot dog" that is next to the plasma display is very new. He looks very different from the one that was in the scene with the old robot man.

Atomicmickey

Of course not. :rolleyes: The "insiders" just like to point to eachother and say "well there were numerous accounts all over the board!" Really, Lee said it, then Martin agreed and WDW1974 agreed? Yay, it must be true!! :hammer:

Oh, OK, thanks. I just wanted to know if I should be real disappointed,
or just fake made-up disappointed.

What about the rumor about the giant space monster AA that would menace you at the end? Using technology based upon the Yeti? How come no one talks about that?

MadHatterJr

What about the rumor about the giant space monster AA that would menace you at the end? Using technology based upon the Yeti? How come no one talks about that?

I'm more excited about the strobe light they would have had for "B" mode :p

Jason even likes a static seizure inducing yeti!

tirian

The SM work was described within the company as a "Tokyo-style refurb" back in early 2009. Tokyo kept the track and silence, but updated its queues and effects. That was all we could expect.

Atomicmickey

2z8onqx.jpg
10gy00i.jpg

Buried20KLeague

So you haven't been to WDW in quite some time obviously then, so my question still stands. If you haven't been going to the park, why are you criticizing what you haven't seen? And others have stated, if you don't like what your seeing, why do you go back and give them your money? I just don't understand how people say they love a place, yet they complain about it. If you like the other parks better, why are you not on a forum for those parks? I also go to Six Flags, but I like WDW better. I don't go to Six Flags forums and complain to the users over there about how the park is sub par and run by idiots. I think it would be rude to do so, as those people are going to be fans of Six Flags and thats why they are there.

Let me break this down for you in small, easy to understand points... Since I've made all these points in this same thread mutiple times already, yet you're still asking the questions:

1. After many many years of visiting WDW 2-3 times a year knowing every nook and cranny, and also visiting every Disney park in the world within the past two years thus being able to compare multiple incarnations of parks and rides all under the Disney name... I think I'm qualified to comment on WDW. It's been 2 years since I've been to WDW. Hardly long enough for me to forget anything, and very little has changed in that time (especially if you don't count closures).

2. I've explained the "why do you give them your money" question. For your reading pleasure: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3837649&postcount=279 Understand something here... I don't hate all of what they do in WDW. They do some things very well (Wishes, Illuminations, Hoop De Doo, World Showcase, etc). I've never spent a vacation walking around WDW miserable. I have a great time with my family.

3. Love is not blind. You say "if you love a place, why do you complain about it". Because I want it to get better. I don't want to accept mediocraty. I don't want to have to fly half way around the world to see the best that Disney Parks has to offer. I WANT THAT AT THE RESORT CLOSEST TO ME. I don't want shuttered restaurants, closed clubs, diminished entertainment offerings and deteriorating attractions. I ESPECIALLY don't want all that while the prices continue to go up.

4. You have no idea what parks I talk about on what forums. And you don't know what I say about them. And honestly, if you actually read what I've posted here over the years, you'd see that I'm awfully level headed, and have plenty of nice things to say about Disney Parks.

Going by your theory, I should be happy with no Lights of Winter. No Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas show. No Country Bear Christmas. Because heck, they've got to have good reasons for not having those things, right?? And test track is right next door, so who cares about the Lights of Winter?? :rolleyes: That's laughable. And those are just a FEW of the holiday offerings they've cut in the past couple years!!!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Wishes 1971

Loading station looks amazing!!! Question about this "interactive" queue though -- won't this just slow the line down and cause backup from kids not wanting to stop playing? It's already maddening enough when you have a family/group that's preoccupied for whatever reason and just stands there while everyone else in the line continues to move forward. :)
I understand it can get frustrating, but I've never understood why so many people get worked up about the gaps in a line.....as long as the gap is NOT at the loading queue, all that happens when the people begin to move again, is the gap is closed, and everyone is STILL waiting in line!

Just my thoughts.....

SMRT-1

It has everything to do with it.

WDI had some amazing concepts for relaunching Space Mountain for a 21st century audience. Instead, it went with a concept for a WalMarted audience.

There's no substance to this 'redo' ... it's a very basic thing. I don't get excited by paint and signage and returning it to a darkened state (it's been so bright inside that you could practically read a book on the ride!)

Getting psyched over this is only slightly better than being excited by a new planter or new toilets.

It's all crap to me.

Like you saw these concepts!! Give me a break.....you are the biggest BS artist on here.

TURKEY

Like you saw these concepts!! Give me a break.....you are the biggest BS artist on here.

I'm not an imagineer, but I could come up with some awesome concepts that would be easily implemented.

I'd start with on board audio. I'd come up with something for a queue that wasn't dependent on tv screens and video games.

That wasn't too hard. I wonder what I could come up with if I really tried.

WDW1974

Tomorrowland WAS about that, back then, before Epcot. The theme for Tomorrowland now is sci-fi, not the real future. A big part of sci-fi is the old nostalgia factor of it. The old crappy special effects of the movies, etc. I'd liken it to Star Wars. Its old and outdated as far as effects go, but people want it that way. Nobody likes that Lucas went back in and edited stuff in the film to bring it into the 21st century of special effects.

I think people need to make up their mind. I see the same people who want Epcot to go back to Epcot Center complaining about Space Mountain not being changed. Do you want the past or the future?

I want the past view of theme, continuity and quality show.

It's very simple.

Don't care what direction they go, so long as it follows the above.

And three of the four WDW parks are a mess in that area. They just throw anything in any place and assume no one will notice.

Tomorrowland has no cohesive theme much like FW is not unified like it once was.

Pick a direction and go with it. Does that work for you?

Oh, and retro/fanboi nostalgia doesn't count as a theme.

Lee

Adventurer
I didn't see them....but I surely heard about them.
Heard about them from people who were hoping to be involved in their implementation. 74 ain't BSing. Not at all.

WDW1974

Yep.

We all have a secret club and get together and say 'Since we have no lives, let's make stuff up for the fanbois since they'll believe anything ... like say Disney has their best interests in mind when making decisions'.

We also have special LE pins that mark us as 'insiders', although Lee making our uber-kewl billion-dollar HQ hidden below the AC was probably not the best idea.

Yep.

We all have a secret club and get together and say 'Since we have no lives, let's make stuff up for the fanbois since they'll believe anything ... like say Disney has their best interests in mind when making decisions'.

We also have special LE pins that mark us as 'insiders', although Lee making our uber-kewl billion-dollar HQ hidden below the AC was probably not the best idea.

Wait you dont do that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom