South Jersey / Philly Area Lunch Get-together

Foolish Mortal

TiggerBW said:
HEY FOOLISH MORTAL! CAN YOU JOIN US? Thursday the 23rd of June BPS 1:05pm Phils/Mets

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still haven't called. I'm not trying to put it off. I'm just SO crazy busy trying to end the school year. There is so much to do. Sorry! I'll get to it I promise!

Aw Bonnie, I always feel so bad when I can't make it after such nice requests for my presence. Like now. I checked our schedule board at work today and just about everything between June thru the end of August is full. One of these days the stars will align just right were I can make one of these get togethers. I don't know what fate or the social life gods have against me :(

Foolish Mortal

garyhoov said:
I'm watching the game in HDTV right now. This is pretty cool!

GO PHILLIES!

Ain't it the truth !!!! I personally don't have HD yet, but I love showing HD when I go to a customers house to put in a box. Wait to you see the Eagles and Flyers ! ESPECIALLY the Flyers. Hockey in HD is insanely awesome. If your on Comcast make sure to check out the INHD channels on 206 and 207. I'm almost positive HD channels are in the low 200's over in Jersey. If you like nature programming you will love those channels. Snow scene's, jungle scene's.....unreal.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Foolish Mortal said:
Ain't it the truth !!!! I personally don't have HD yet, but I love showing HD when I go to a customers house to put in a box. Wait to you see the Eagles and Flyers ! ESPECIALLY the Flyers. Hockey in HD is insanely awesome. If your on Comcast make sure to check out the INHD channels on 206 and 207. I'm almost positive HD channels are in the low 200's over in Jersey. If you like nature programming you will love those channels. Snow scene's, jungle scene's.....unreal.

Yeah! I can't wait for football season now. I tell you though, anyone who gets seats in the first 4 or 5 rows behind home plate better not think about picking their nose.:lol:

Too bad you can't make it, but how 'bout them second place Phils?!

TAC

garyhoov said:
Yeah! I can't wait for football season now. I tell you though, anyone who gets seats in the first 4 or 5 rows behind home plate better not think about picking their nose.:lol:

Too bad you can't make it, but how 'bout them second place Phils?!

Hey Gary, do you have a home theater setup with that HDTV ?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TAC said:
Hey Gary, do you have a home theater setup with that HDTV ?

I guess it depends what you mean by home theater. I've got surround speakers. When we had the house built, I had the electrician wire the room for surround sound.

Eventually I want to get a 1080p front projector with a retractable screen and actual theater seats etc. I've been planning that for a while, but the technology still isn't where I want it to be. While I'm waiting for the technology to catch up, I've had a few different friends ask me about my opinion on different systems since I've been studying these things for a while. I used to like DLP technology, but the rainbow effects of the color wheels bother me, so I've come to prefer JVC's D-ILA technology that uses three chips and has a much better pixel fill-factor than standard LCD's.

Anyway . . . I was telling my friends they should get one of these JVC sets if they were really interested in something and then I started thinking: "Hey, I can get a pretty great looking TV for just a few thousand dollars - WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?!?!"

I figure I can enjoy this for the next couple years as Sony and Toshiba fight the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD wars and technology displays improve and become less expensive - then I can still get my incredible home-theater set-up later.

So I got a 61" JVC D-ILA with HDMI input and a Toshiba DVD player that upconverts to 720p and outputs a pure digital signal via HDMI (no digital to analog to digital conversions) and it looks AMAZING. We were watching Star Wars Episode 2 yesterday, and it looked nearly as good as at the movie theater (probably better than some theaters) off a plain, standard, old fashioned DVD.

343%3B55%3B523232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3A3%3B5699%3Bot1lsi

But I guess that's more than you were really asking, isn't it?:lookaroun

TAC

No,not really. I don't understand all of the technology, but that's only because I haven't researched it.

As far as you chatting amongst your "peers," try this: http://www.hometheatertalk.com/

And when is the party ? :lookaroun

garyhoov said:
I guess it depends what you mean by home theater. I've got surround speakers. When we had the house built, I had the electrician wire the room for surround sound.

Eventually I want to get a 1080p front projector with a retractable screen and actual theater seats etc. I've been planning that for a while, but the technology still isn't where I want it to be. While I'm waiting for the technology to catch up, I've had a few different friends ask me about my opinion on different systems since I've been studying these things for a while. I used to like DLP technology, but the rainbow effects of the color wheels bother me, so I've come to prefer JVC's D-ILA technology that uses three chips and has a much better pixel fill-factor than standard LCD's.

Anyway . . . I was telling my friends they should get one of these JVC sets if they were really interested in something and then I started thinking: "Hey, I can get a pretty great looking TV for just a few thousand dollars - WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?!?!"

I figure I can enjoy this for the next couple years as Sony and Toshiba fight the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD wars and technology displays improve and become less expensive - then I can still get my incredible home-theater set-up later.

So I got a 61" JVC D-ILA with HDMI input and a Toshiba DVD player that upconverts to 720p and outputs a pure digital signal via HDMI (no digital to analog to digital conversions) and it looks AMAZING. We were watching Star Wars Episode 2 yesterday, and it looked nearly as good as at the movie theater (probably better than some theaters) off a plain, standard, old fashioned DVD.

But I guess that's more than you were really asking, isn't it?:lookaroun

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TAC said:
And when is the party ? :lookaroun

For me, the party starts in two weeks when my mother-in-law gets on a plane to Paris. Until then it's going to be hell.

If anyone wants to come over sometime and watch a game or a Disney movie, I'd be up for it.

MerHearted

garyhoov said:
For me, the party starts in two weeks when my mother-in-law gets on a plane to Paris. Until then it's going to be hell.

If anyone wants to come over sometime and watch a game or a Disney movie, I'd be up for it.

*stays over at Gary's house* :D :lookaroun

cj2me

Hi Everyone Sewin2disney directed me here. We were on another thread about Jersey Week and I stated my Hometown Exit was 165 but my weekend exit is 63. I can't believe I didnt see this thread earlier. Manahawkin is my second home, Beach Haven West to be precise. I can't believe I missed you guys at Sweet Jennys, my family has breakfast there every Sunday.

At least the shore takes away my Disney blues for the summer. I;m starting to plan my next trip, The Disney Cruise, but that isnt until 2006, but I'm sure I can convince my husband to sneek in a long weekend before that.

TiggerBW

cj2me said:
Hi Everyone Sewin2disney directed me here. We were on another thread about Jersey Week and I stated my Hometown Exit was 165 but my weekend exit is 63. I can't believe I didnt see this thread earlier. Manahawkin is my second home, Beach Haven West to be precise. I can't believe I missed you guys at Sweet Jennys, my family has breakfast there every Sunday.

At least the shore takes away my Disney blues for the summer. I;m starting to plan my next trip, The Disney Cruise, but that isnt until 2006, but I'm sure I can convince my husband to sneek in a long weekend before that.

WELCOME! Glad you joined our happy bunch!
I'm not near the turnpike or parkway so I don't have an exit number that I relate my home to. :) It's a shame we couldn't meet you at Sweet Jenny's.

TiggerBW

Foolish Mortal said:
Aw Bonnie, I always feel so bad when I can't make it after such nice requests for my presence. Like now. I checked our schedule board at work today and just about everything between June thru the end of August is full. One of these days the stars will align just right were I can make one of these get togethers. I don't know what fate or the social life gods have against me :(

:cry: Ok, we'll try again..........and again............and again.

TAC - I hope you can come! I didn't order tickets yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom