South Jersey / Philly Area Lunch Get-together

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TAC, TiggerBW and I are going to be getting together for lunch at the Medport Diner on Route 70 in Medford New Jersey next Saturday (Januuary 15) at 1:00.

If you're in the South Jersey or the Philly area and would like to stop by, we'd love to see you there.

I'll try not to get us arrested or kicked out, but I can't promise anything. :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
I'll wear this jacket:

3428543923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E8%3C%3B%3E673%3EWSNRCG%3D32327%3A%3C584529nu0mrj

If you see me, use the following code phrase:

"I hear the meatloaf isn't bad."

To which I will respond: "Yes, and it contains a minimal amount of mouse feces."

If I don't respond with the correct code phrase . . . RUN! It could be a set-up by the Feds.

TiggerBW

Come meet me!!! You know you want to! ha ha Just kidding!

How about my Eagles pals........Foolish Mortal and Merhearted?!?! :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
MerHearted said:
I'd like to go, but I have no clue where that is. Why don't you guys come to actual Philly? :)

We could do something in Philly sometime, but that would require a bit more planning (I was thinking maybe we could do a Phillies game or something) and effort. Tom (TAC) suggested that, since the three of us all live right here, we could get together with something simple like this.

If you've got a car, it's really easy. Take the Ben Franklin Bridge. There will be signs for the two major routes (38 & 70) which split off about 2 miles from the bridge. Follow the signs for route 70, and once your on it, it's a straight shot (about 20-25 minutes if traffic's not bad) to Medford and the Diner on the right. It's roughly 4-5 miles past Route 73.

If you don't have a car, it's more difficult. There's a train line that runs out this way, but I don't know much about it.

:wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TowerOfTerror said:
Don't know if you disney fanatics are interested in a meet in SFGADV ?

That's actually how this got started. I suggested that to TAC a while back. I'd be up for it when they re-open.

TAC

garyhoov said:
That's actually how this got started. I suggested that to TAC a while back. I'd be up for it when they re-open.

I forget. What is SFGADV ?

Nevermind. Six Flags. Sure, but it just wouldn't be the same, would it? :D

TAC

I wouldn't have a problem with a Phillies game. Maybe even a little tailgating before the game as well.

:D

MouseMadness

garyhoov said:
If you see me, use the following code phrase:

"I hear the meatloaf isn't bad."

To which I will respond: "Yes, and it contains a minimal amount of mouse feces."

If I don't respond with the correct code phrase . . . RUN! It could be a set-up by the Feds.

:lol: :lol: Oh, gary, you're making me really sad I can't be there! :lol: :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
MouseMadness said:
:lol: :lol: Oh, gary, you're making me really sad I can't be there! :lol: :lol:

Actually I'm very boring in person. I generally just stare at my hands and make unnerving wheezing, retching noises . . . unless the topic of conversation happens to be Ethyl Merman collectibles.

carlingethylmerman.jpg

Then I can talk for hours and hours.

Foolish Mortal

TiggerBW said:
Come meet me!!! You know you want to! ha ha Just kidding!

How about my Eagles pals........Foolish Mortal and Merhearted?!?! :wave:

Just notice'd this thread !! Let me check the time off board at work tomorrow and see if we have any openings. We can only have so manys guy's off on a given day. But being the middle of January I don't think it should be a problem. The problem will be me trying to navigate NJ !!!!

Foolish Mortal

garyhoov said:
I'll try not to get us arrested or kicked out, but I can't promise anything. :wave:

Kicked out I can handle, been there done that, but anymore run in's with NJ's finest is another thing :zipit: :fork:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Foolish Mortal said:
Just notice'd this thread !! Let me check the time off board at work tomorrow and see if we have any openings. We can only have so manys guy's off on a given day. But being the middle of January I don't think it should be a problem. The problem will be me trying to navigate NJ !!!!

:sohappy: Hope you can make it!

SewIn2Disney

Foolish Mortal said:
The problem will be me trying to navigate NJ !!!!

Just remember, in order to make a left hand turn, you need to be in the right lane.....lol :lol:

I didn't realize how many people from these boards were from NJ! I'm from Ocean County, anyone near here? I won't be able to make your little get together....gotta work, but I'd love to see where everyone is from. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom