Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

Perhaps they're second-guessing closing the ride down for the spring break/summer vacation mob scenes. It would make more sense to have it down once more of new Fantasyland is open. Honestly, it would have been better to re-invent Imagination or WOL first, then tout it as something "new" and exciting to appease the crowds waiting 3 hours for Soar'n since TT is down. But that would make too much sense.

bethymouse

I hope the current rumored scheduled refurb is true! We wil be going Septemeber 23-29. If it is not finished by then, my husband said he will never go to Disney again! HARSH!:eek:

montyz81

I hope the current rumored scheduled refurb is true! We wil be going Septemeber 23-29. If it is not finished by then, my husband said he will never go to Disney again! HARSH!:eek:
Very. Basing future visits on the status of one ride like it is the only reason to go to the parks? odd.

t3techcom18

Merfie reporting this morning that this may be scrapped/on hold/delayed. He is right-all the relocated CMs should have received new work locations by now-any new news?

Most CM's have already been cross-trained at other Future World East attractions (the area that controls TT, MS, UoE, SSE, and Nemo). We've been told by management the April 15th date is true and that no one is scheduled to work there after the 15th...but many of us are indeed skeptical about it. No new news to the public, no official date on the WDW rehab site, and now news that the press releases have been pulled from the media site (which, I checked myself, they have)...something's getting weird here. More importantly, us in Operations are the last one to know anything. -___-

Perhaps they're second-guessing closing the ride down for the spring break/summer vacation mob scenes. It would make more sense to have it down once more of new Fantasyland is open. Honestly, it would have been better to re-invent Imagination or WOL first, then tout it as something "new" and exciting to appease the crowds waiting 3 hours for Soar'n since TT is down. But that would make too much sense.

It isn't necessarily that actually. It's more because, depending on the circumstances, it might be blamed on Big Thunder's possible delayed reopening, but that's all I can say on that particular subject.

WDW1974

Merfie reporting this morning that this may be scrapped/on hold/delayed. He is right-all the relocated CMs should have received new work locations by now-any new news?

If Merfie sez it, then it's good enough for me ... if it weren't for him, then I'd have never have known that my friend Lee was having a double life and working for WDI and lying to all here about it.

~I should have known when he defended Stitch's Great Belch-Off!~

Lee

Adventurer
If Merfie sez it, then it's good enough for me ... if it weren't for him, then I'd have never have known that my friend Lee was having a double life and working for WDI and lying to all here about it.

~I should have known when he defended Stitch's Great Belch-Off!~

Yeah. Riiiiiight.....
:rolleyes:

On topic, if this is true it is a pure PR move. I can imagine some in management balking at having two major E-tickets down at the same time.
True, they are in different parks, but imagine how it would look if all the first-timers returned home complaining about all the closed rides and construction walls.
I repeat...:rolleyes:

invader

Yeah. Riiiiiight.....
:rolleyes:

On topic, if this is true it is a pure PR move. I can imagine some in management balking at having two major E-tickets down at the same time.
True, they are in different parks, but imagine how it would look if all the first-timers returned home complaining about all the closed rides and construction walls.
I repeat...:rolleyes:

Hmm. Lots of construction walls? sounds familiar... if only they'd learn.

montyz81

I am going in 3 weeks, this is good news to me, Having BTMRR Down is bad enough but having this and BTMRR Down would be just plain awful. I would probably have bought a second pass to Universal.

GrumpyFan

I am going in 3 weeks, this is good news to me, Having BTMRR Down is bad enough but having this and BTMRR Down would be just plain awful. I would probably have bought a second pass to Universal.

This kind of attitude always amazes me. It sounds as if one or two major attractions being down is going to ruin the whole trip and there will not be anything to do, when there are numerous other shows, attractions and miscellaneous things to see and do at the parks.

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I found the following counts of the park attractions:
Magic Kingdom
Rides 20 Shows 10

Hollywood Studios
Rides 6 Shows 9

Epcot
10 Rides 12 Shows

Animal Kingdom
7 Rides 4 Shows

That doesn't include the water parks and Disney Quest, plus other recreation activities around the resort including boat rental, fishing, horseback riding, tours, etc. I mean, there's so much to do, why would you want to go that other place? ;)

I'm only half serious here. It's your money and your free to spend it as you wish, but my point here is more aimed at people who cry that their whole vacation is ruined because _______ is down. (Fill in the blank)

yoyoflamingo

Not sure how accurate this is, but just saw this on Twitter and thought I would share:

BREAKING Test Track News: we've learned that the refurb is on for April 16, however new preshow changes will mean a longer refurb period.

Annielkd

Rides in Disney

You can say that there are a ton of rides in Disney world. I have 4 favorites. I go there for those 4 rides. With Big Thunder Mountain down, I'm never going to be able to get on Splash Mountain. If Test Track is down, I'll never get on Soaring. By closing those two rides, they knock out the possibility of going on all four. It's not all about the closing, it's about the notification. I can't cancel my trip now. Had I known that those two rides would be down, I would have. It's about notifiying people so they can make an educated choice. I told the person from customer service that he wouldn't want to go to an adventure movie, pay for that move, and be told oops... it's broken, watch Barnie instead. Anything can break at any time. I get that. But, to plan it and not tell people is irresponsible!

t3techcom18

Not sure how accurate this is, but just saw this on Twitter and thought I would share:

BREAKING Test Track News: we've learned that the refurb is on for April 16, however new preshow changes will mean a longer refurb period.

I still very, very much doubt it (the fact that it's closing April 16th) but I will investigate tomorrow...

Annielkd

definately closing at some point

When I spoke with Disney's customer service (after writing an e-mail... actually it was my fourth time writing an e-mail) I was told that Test Track was definately closing in April, but they didn't know when. After a long heated discussion I asked him how he would feel paying for an action/adventure movie, being told... oh, it's closed... but, look! We have Barnie instead. He didn't get my comparison and told me that all rides are subject to closure. I told him that's fine if it's for our safety or a problem...but, when it's planned it should be announced so people can plan accordingly. He still didn't get it.

t3techcom18

When I spoke with Disney's customer service (after writing an e-mail... actually it was my fourth time writing an e-mail) I was told that Test Track was definately closing in April, but they didn't know when. After a long heated discussion I asked him how he would feel paying for an action/adventure movie, being told... oh, it's closed... but, look! We have Barnie instead. He didn't get my comparison and told me that all rides are subject to closure. I told him that's fine if it's for our safety or a problem...but, when it's planned it should be announced so people can plan accordingly. He still didn't get it.

Exactly. I heard among my peeps that there's a 90 day rule that WDW must follow prior to closing an attraction for rehab in terms of dates. If that's true, the earliest we're looking at is June.

nepalostparks

You can say that there are a ton of rides in Disney world. I have 4 favorites. I go there for those 4 rides. With Big Thunder Mountain down, I'm never going to be able to get on Splash Mountain. If Test Track is down, I'll never get on Soaring. By closing those two rides, they knock out the possibility of going on all four. It's not all about the closing, it's about the notification. I can't cancel my trip now. Had I known that those two rides would be down, I would have. It's about notifiying people so they can make an educated choice. I told the person from customer service that he wouldn't want to go to an adventure movie, pay for that move, and be told oops... it's broken, watch Barnie instead. Anything can break at any time. I get that. But, to plan it and not tell people is irresponsible!

Simply not true. The wait times on these two attractions will likely be increased, however you are more than welcome to use FASTPASS. In either case, there is no physical barrier preventing you from enjoying the attractions.

Tigger1988

What is Barnie? And your movie scenario isn't even an equal comparison, if the film cannot be shown the audience gets a refund.

Also, attractions can close at any time, park hours are subject to change...etc. Disney is not required to tell you or even give you advance notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom