The New Fantasyland

TP2000

Wow. How very cool of you to post that for us all! Merci beaucoup!

Now, isn't it interesting that they would place two Dumbo spinners next to each other, obviously to help with capacity. And split by an "interactive queue"? That's intriguing. The queue is also labeled "NEXTGEN", which is the term Al Lutz talked about in one of his updates a few months ago. Al Lutz strikes again, even from 3,000 miles away.

The Gaston's restaurant seems to take up a huge chunk of the land here. But the Mermaid attraction takes up less space than the restaurant, and the ride path building itself seems to take up slightly less space than Pooh or Snow White nearby. What's up with that? In DCA the building and plot of land for Mermaid is physically rather large, and takes up about as much space as Haunted Mansion. That has me scratching my head on this one. :confused:

jakeman

The Gaston's restaurant seems to take up a huge chunk of the land here. But the Mermaid attraction takes up less space than the restaurant, and the ride path building itself seems to take up slightly less space than Pooh or Snow White nearby. What's up with that? In DCA the building and plot of land for Mermaid is physically rather large, and takes up about as much space as Haunted Mansion. That has me scratching my head on this one. :confused:
Also I noticed a...Tavern. Perhaps a small QSR? I can't imagine they would start selling alcohol there.

NewfieFan

My counterarguments to this would be:

-Attractions like the Skyway, Enchanted Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Peoplemover, Monorail, and the Railroad were designed to give parents a rest while still being entertained (along with the kids). You didn't need playgrounds when all of these attractions were there and refreshed periodically.

-Why do the playgrounds have to be in the parks taking up valuable real estate. Why can't thy be built outside the park gates or at the hotels (where they belong). How can anyone justify and say the PSP is fine when a huge family eticket used to sit on the same spot. We lost a great ride and great capacity and Disney "makes up for it" by building a playground for ADD kids.

Are you freakin' kidding me!?! Why can't you make an argument without being sterotypical or down right mean? So because a 4 year old can't stand in queue's all day and would like to run around in PSP for 5 mins... now they have ADD!?! Come off it dude!?! I know you have issues with PSP, fine... all you want... but please keep the comments about children out of it!

The only reason you all hate it is b/c it sits on a small piece of land formly owned by the beloved 20K. Nobody complains about HISTK or the bone yard playground... but everybody gets their panties in knot over PSP. Get over it people! It DIDN'T replace 20K... the plot would have sat empty. And I think PSP looks better and serves a better purpose then an empty lot in FL!!!

Why do you bother with WDW if you're so against all the unsophisticated and hyperactive children in the world!?!

Animaniac93-98

One of the old buildings on the blueprint still says "Snow White" among other things.

The double Dumbo was something I always thought should have been done and am glad to see it on these plans.

Mermaid's building does seem small though, but the DCA structure may include the queue.

MousDad

Even though the plans look better than the following statement sounds, there is some underlying humor in the proposition that Toontown is going to finally get replaced -

by Tinkerbell and 2 Dumbo spinners. :drevil::lol:

And I agree that the size of the Mermaid building does not look like what it was billed as. How does this compare with the DCA plot?

There are some cool and interesting ideas there, though. The biggest positive to me looks like they want to create a FL that is truly immersive.

BTW, hope they don't get to you DLPMagic. :wave:

krankenstein

Thanks for posting the plans DLPMagic! :wave:

Are you freakin' kidding me!?! Why can't you make an argument without being sterotypical or down right mean? So because a 4 year old can't stand in queue's all day and would like to run around in PSP for 5 mins... now they have ADD!?! Come off it dude!?! I know you have issues with PSP, fine... all you want... but please keep the comments about children out of it!

The only reason you all hate it is b/c it sits on a small piece of land formly owned by the beloved 20K. Nobody complains about HISTK or the bone yard playground... but everybody gets their panties in knot over PSP. Get over it people! It DIDN'T replace 20K... the plot would have sat empty. And I think PSP looks better and serves a better purpose then an empty lot in FL!!!

Why do you bother with WDW if you're so against all the unsophisticated and hyperactive children in the world!?!

Plus, Pooh's little playground only takes up about the same amount of space as the queue/load area of 20k.

WDWFigment

Thanks for posting the plans. Those look very legitimate. I seriously doubt they are just the work of some "creative fan" as WDW Insider stated. Either they are shelved plans, or the actual plans for this project.

Also of note is that the restaurant is called "Be Our Guest/Gaston" on the plans. I think the "Be Our Guest" theme is probably a lot more sound. In any case, I'm sure all of these names are still subject to change.

NewfieFan

So, are we losing Mickey's House? Would there be a new permanent M & G for the "big cheese" (pun intended:p)? And how about the princesses M & G... will they be by their respective attractions on the plans?

Sure, is interesting... and fun to look at! I'm even excited about a new restaurant... the MK needs another TS desperately, IMO!

MousDad

Also of note is that the restaurant is called "Be Our Guest/Gaston" on the plans. I think the "Be Our Guest" theme is probably a lot more sound. In any case, I'm sure all of these names are still subject to change.

I think it's that way because the larger restaurant is called "Be Our Guest" and there's a smaller location on southeast side of same building called "Gaston's Tavern."

EPCOTPluto

:eek: It looks as if true, it could just work.

But whatever happened to the rest of the Fantasyland attractions? Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventure, IASW, and Mickey's Philharmagic? Where would they be placed? And how Dumbo has two separate areas at once, though the two Dumbo queue/attractions further in the back of the park would increase guest flow. It might look better if Pixie Hollow switches with the farther part of Dumbo, and Dumbo can have a nicer view of Fantasyland, and Pixie Hollow is more secluded. And it looks like no Pinocchio attraction exists at all...:( Also, it would be such a strange feeling to not see Toontown anymore, but a much improved Barnstormer...And why does that Indy race car track still exist? :mad: Wait - Indy is gone from the title! Gah! :hammer:

I still feel these ideas are plans for some other Disney park, but that's just me...

castevens

:eek: It looks as if true, it could just work. But whatever happened to the rest of the Fantasyland attractions? Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventure, IASW, and Mickey's Philharmagic? Where would they be placed? And how Dumbo has two separate areas at once, though the two Dumbo queue/attractions further in the back of the park would increase guest flow. It might look better if Pixie Hollow switches with the farther part of Dumbo, and Dumbo can have a nicer view of Fantasyland, and Pixie Hollow is more secluded. And it looks like no Pinocchio attraction exists...:( Also, it would be a strange feeling to not see Toontown anymore, but a much improved Barnstormer...And why does that Indy race car track still exist? :mad: Wait - Indy is gone from the title! Gah! :hammer:

I still feel these ideas are plans for some other Disney park, but that's just me...

If you look at the satellite images I posed above from Google Earth, you'll see that It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, etc are actually not even on the map posted by DLPMagic

vonpluto

:eek: It looks as if true, it could just work. But whatever happened to the rest of the Fantasyland attractions? Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventure, IASW, and Mickey's Philharmagic? Where would they be placed? Plus, it feels strange to see the Carousel around the front-ish part of the Castle? And how Dumbo has two separate areas at once, though the two Dumbo queue/attractions further in the back of the park would increase guest flow. It might look better if Pixie Hollow switches with the farther part of Dumbo, and Dumbo can have a nicer view of Fantasyland, and Pixie Hollow is more secluded. And it looks like no Pinocchio attraction exists...:( And why does that Indy race car track still exist? :mad: Wait - Indy is gone from the title! Gah! :hammer:

Look over the plans again, the Castle is off the page, as are Pan, IASW and Philharmagic. The Carousel, Snow White, Pooh and Teacups are at the
bottom in thier present locations,:)

MousDad

:eek: It looks as if true, it could just work.

But whatever happened to the rest of the Fantasyland attractions? Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventure, IASW, and Mickey's Philharmagic? Where would they be placed?

There still there. These plans are an expansion northeast from the current FL into Toontown and the currently unused land north of that.

You'll notice Pinnocchio Village Haus, Carousel, Snow White and Pooh in the bottom left of the drawing.

EPCOTPluto

:brick: OK, I guess once again, I was reading into that somewhat too much.

Thanks for the clarification. I still think removing the Fair theme and make it more of an actual Toontown would work as well with the expanded Barnstormer, but perhaps it's off the page on those plans. Or wishful thinking. :eek:

RSoxNo1

:xmas:[/QUOTE]

This certainly looks impressive - it seems lofty, and is perhaps "the full" plan. Even so, it's speculated that if the budget is $750 million now, that could be cut in half.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi Guys. Sorry I have had to remove some of the artwork that was posted. Its presence may do more harm than good, so for the time being I'd appreciate it if it wasn't posted. Thanks for understanding and thanks to you all for posting and being a part of the discussion.

djkidkaz

Compare the building for say "Winnie the Pooh" to the Cinderella, Aurora and Belle attraction buildings. They are super small and I can't imagine that they would even be rides, plus Mermaid is the only one showing any sort of track layout. Im hoping these aren't just stage shows or something.

Also, it would seem they are building a huge castle wall?

Lastly, how does this effect the train? Does the train go around this area already or are they going to have to adjust the train route now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom