Kingdom Hearts III -Imagineering A Video Game

mharrington

Well, it's good. However, the storyline of trying to find Pinocchio for most of the first visit can get a little boring. I pictured Sora, Donald and Goofy enjoying themselves on Pleasure Island and them turning into donkeys, as well. Also, Jiminy Cricket wouldn't be able to stay with Pinocchio, considering he chronicles Sora's journey. Without Jiminy all worlds, characters, etc. after Pinocchio's world, would be left out of his journal.

I'm still deciding on whether to do Peter Pan, Pinocchio, or ditch the two and do a new world. And I'm not going to be posting a full list of the worlds.

Well, my idea for Pleasure Island was the best I could do on short notice. And I thought that in KH2, Jiminy was not seen in the entire game at all after Sora's entrance in that game. I think if we're having so much trouble deciding between Peter Pan and Pinocchio, then I think we should just go with Peter Pan. I would like to see more of Neverland besides just Hook's ship anyway.

Also, you said you were bringing back Olympus Coliseum and Atlantica. Now I know you said that you had an original storyline for Atlantica, but is it going to be a "regular" world like in KH1 or an optional world like in KH2? And also, how are we going to do Olympus Coliseum? Will it be like KH2 or KH1? Or will it expand on those two largely? It might be neat to see Mount Olympus, wouldn't it?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, my idea for Pleasure Island was the best I could do on short notice. And I thought that in KH2, Jiminy was not seen in the entire game at all after Sora's entrance in that game. I think if we're having so much trouble deciding between Peter Pan and Pinocchio, then I think we should just go with Peter Pan. I would like to see more of Neverland besides just Hook's ship anyway.

Also, you said you were bringing back Olympus Coliseum and Atlantica. Now I know you said that you had an original storyline for Atlantica, but is it going to be a "regular" world like in KH1 or an optional world like in KH2? And also, how are we going to do Olympus Coliseum? Will it be like KH2 or KH1? Or will it expand on those two largely? It might be neat to see Mount Olympus, wouldn't it?
Jiminy Cricket has been with Sora and the gang the whole journey.

Atlantica is going to be a regular world. Olympus Coliseum is going to be expanded, once again, and this time, will follow more along the lines of the movie. KH1's Coliseum had no story inspired by the movie, while KH2 had a few references.

mharrington

Well, I finally decided that given the choice between Peter Pan or Pinocchio, I decided on Peter Pan. I would like to see other locales on the island besides just Hook's ship.

I think we should discuss now what Final Fantasy characters are to be included in the game. Obviously, some of the old standbys like Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, Cloud and Sephiroth should return. In fact, I think there should be at some point in the game, a real boss battle against Sephiroth. By that, I'm not talking about an optional battle, I'm talking about a necessary battle to carry on the story. Maybe you could have Cloud in your party or something. That would be the first time he is ever a party member.

Anyway, here are some of the voice actors I was thinking of for to voice the characters (based on what we've officially got thus far); if there are three question marks ("???"), that means it's unknown who will voice the character(s) (so if anyone can help me with ideas, that'd be great):

• HALEY JOEL OSMENT: Sora
  • DAVID GALLAGHER: Riku
  • HAYDEN PANETTIERE: Kairi
  • TONY ANSELMO: Donald Duck
  • BILL FARMER: Goofy; Pluto
  • SUSANNE BLAKESLEE: Maleficent
  • DEE BRADLEY BAKER: Wakka
  • ???: Tidus
  • MOLLY KECK: Selphie Tilmitt
  • ???: King Mickey Mouse
  • ???: Queen Minnie Mouse (no offense, but I honestly feel that maybe Russi Taylor should retire, in the wake of Wayne Allwine's passing)
  • KATH SOUCIE: Daisy Duck
  • TRESS MACNEILLE: Chip
  • COREY BURTON: Dale
  • EDDIE CARROLL: Jiminy Cricket
  • DAN CASTELLANETA: Genie
  • JIM CUMMINGS: Winnie the Pooh; Tigger; Baby Herman
  • JESS HARNELL: Roger Rabbit
  • ???: Eddie Valiant
  • ???: Judge Doom
  • KAT CRESSIDA: Jessica Rabbit
  • CHARLES FLEISCHER: Benny the Cab; Psycho
  • DAVID L. LANDER: Smarty
  • ???: Greasy
  • JUNE FORAY: Wheezy
  • ???: Stupid
  • TATE DONOVAN: Hercules
  • ROBERT COSTANZO: Philoctetes
  • JAMES WOODS: Hades
  • JODI BENSON: Ariel
  • ROBBY BENSON: Beast
  • PAIGE O'HARA: Belle
  • JAMES ARNOLD TAYLOR: Capt. Jack Sparrow
  • CHRIS STEELE: Peter Pan

Impressive already, isn't it? Bear in mind, however, that this is only for characters we have so far (and a precious few who I think should be in the game thus far, too).

One more thing: do you mind if I help decide what should be the next world(s) after Radiant Garden?

Disneyson 1

I REALLY like that design for Pleasure Island, but I think there should be more of the Blue Fairy and Gepetto (i.e. the begining of the movie should be incorporated) and the pupppet theatre should make an apperance by the 2nd adventure. I think that he should also be swallowed in the whale for a very short amount of time (in order to fully complete the story - It can be just a quick boss thing, like a flood of heartless or something) and the finale- he's a real boy!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, I finally decided that given the choice between Peter Pan or Pinocchio, I decided on Peter Pan. I would like to see other locales on the island besides just Hook's ship.

I think we should discuss now what Final Fantasy characters are to be included in the game. Obviously, some of the old standbys like Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, Cloud and Sephiroth should return. In fact, I think there should be at some point in the game, a real boss battle against Sephiroth. By that, I'm not talking about an optional battle, I'm talking about a necessary battle to carry on the story. Maybe you could have Cloud in your party or something. That would be the first time he is ever a party member.

Anyway, here are some of the voice actors I was thinking of for to voice the characters (based on what we've officially got thus far); if there are three question marks ("???"), that means it's unknown who will voice the character(s) (so if anyone can help me with ideas, that'd be great):

• HALEY JOEL OSMENT: Sora
  • DAVID GALLAGHER: Riku
  • HAYDEN PANETTIERE: Kairi
  • TONY ANSELMO: Donald Duck
  • BILL FARMER: Goofy; Pluto
  • SUSANNE BLAKESLEE: Maleficent
  • DEE BRADLEY BAKER: Wakka
  • ???: Tidus
  • MOLLY KECK: Selphie Tilmitt
  • ???: King Mickey Mouse
  • ???: Queen Minnie Mouse (no offense, but I honestly feel that maybe Russi Taylor should retire, in the wake Wayne Allwine's passing)
  • KATH SOUCIE: Daisy Duck
  • TRESS MACNEILLE: Chip
  • COREY BURTON: Dale
  • EDDIE CARROLL: Jiminy Cricket
  • DAN CASTELLANETA: Genie
  • JIM CUMMINGS: Winnie the Pooh; Tigger; Baby Herman
  • JESS HARNELL: Roger Rabbit
  • ???: Eddie Valiant
  • ???: Judge Doom
  • KAT CRESSIDA: Jessica Rabbit
  • CHARLES FLEISCHER: Benny the Cab; Psycho
  • DAVID L. LANDER: Smarty
  • ???: Greasy
  • ???: Stupid
  • TATE DONOVAN: Hercules
  • ROBERT COSTANZO: Philoctetes
  • JAMES WOODS: Hades
  • JODI BENSON: Ariel
  • ROBBY BENSON: Beast
  • PAIGE O'HARA: Belle
  • JAMES ARNOLD TAYLOR: Capt. Jack Sparrow
  • CHRIS STEELE: Peter Pan
Impressive already, isn't it? Bear in mind, however, that this is only for characters we have so far (and a precious few who I think should be in the game thus far, too).

One more thing: do you mind if I help decide what should be the next world(s) after Radiant Garden?

I guess it's off to Neverland.

Yes, the list of voice actors can go on forever and it probably will. King Mickey and Queen Minnie's vocie actors would just go by TBA for the time being.

The FF characters from Hollow Bastion will have their own storyline, which is far more complex than the previous games. I'm thinking Cloud may be intertwined with their storyline, yet still have his own storyline with Sephiroth. I'm not sure about Tifa returning. She really didn't have a lot of storyline behind her. She was just kind of there. (Not that I'm bashing on Tifa fans, because I'm not.) I think Cloud would be more of a "partner", rather than an an actual party member.

I admire that you'd like to help, but I've already made a complete timeline and general overview for all of the 17 worlds in the game, including the order they appear, storylines, world revisits, bosses, characters, weapons, etc. Sorry.

And Disneyson, I think Neverland would make a better world for the game. The Puppet Theater and Pleasure Island would have been good segments for the game, but I feel like a lot of the story would just be drawn out and overused. And then having them being swallowed by Monstro for a second time...that's just really bad luck for them. And in the the end of KH1, Pinocchio had turned into a real boy and was living in Traverse Town, with Geppetto. There's a lot of plotholes, which aren't easy to be fixed.

However, in Neverland, we could pretty much have a fresh start and explore the island, which hadn't previously been done.

mharrington

I admire that you'd like to help, but I've already made a complete timeline and general overview for all of the 17 worlds in the game, including the order they appear, storylines, world revisits, bosses, characters, weapons, etc. Sorry.

Well, then, can you maybe do something, please? We're still waiting for your trip through Radiant Garden and the first world beyond. Will there be any bosses there?

However, in Neverland, we could pretty much have a fresh start and explore the island, which hadn't previously been done.

What's more, we get to beat the you-know-what out of Captain Hook (one of my all-time favorite Disney villains) again.

Also, will any of the worlds actually be from Pixar movies? I would definitely like to see at least two: Toy Story and another one (preferably Cars).

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, then, can you maybe do something, please? We're still waiting for your trip through Radiant Garden and the first world beyond. Will there be any bosses there?

What's more, we get to beat the you-know-what out of Captain Hook (one of my all-time favorite Disney villains) again.

Also, will any of the worlds actually be from Pixar movies? I would definitely like to see at least two: Toy Story and another one (preferably Cars).
Seriously, I don't have the time to post one world right after the other. If I did, the entire game would be done by now. But don't think that I'm not doing anything involving this. I'm planning out the entire story of the game and how everything falls into place. It just has to be perfectly planned in order for it to make sense.

There will be the first actual boss in Radiant Garden.

There will be two Pixar worlds in the game.

mharrington

Seriously, I don't have the time to post one world right after the other. If I did, the entire game would be done by now. But don't think that I'm not doing anything involving this. I'm planning out the entire story of the game and how everything falls into place. It just has to be perfectly planned in order for it to make sense.

Well, I'm not asking you to put up the whole game at once; that's just crazy. You could at least put up just Radiant Gardens for now, like how you put up Destiny Islands and Disney Castle. So by your planning out the whole story, are you going to wait and post the game until it's completely finished?

There will be two Pixar worlds in the game.

Will one of the worlds be themed to Toy Story? That one seems like a no-brainer.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, I'm updating tomorrow. Maybe I'll do an update to "Jiminy's Journal" tonight? I've just been really busy lately, what with personal life and the closing of school. But since the summer's approached, I'll have a lot more time to work on projects like these. This thread isn't going to die anytime soon.

mharrington

Yeah, I'm updating tomorrow. Maybe I'll do an update to "Jiminy's Journal" tonight? I've just been really busy lately, what with personal life and the closing of school. But since the summer's approached, I'll have a lot more time to work on projects like these. This thread isn't going to die anytime soon.

Yeah, I can relate with you on school. I can't wait for it to end.

Well, you know how they always have in Jiminy's Journal where Disney characters originated and when (i.e., Donald in "The Wise Little Hen" in 1934)? I think where Ludwig Von Drake is concerned, it should no doubt be written as either "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" (1961) or "An Adventure In Color and Mathmagicland" (1961).

And let's also remember to correct Goofy's premiere in his section of the journal. In KH1, it was correct ("Mickey's Revue" (1932)), but in KH2, it was not ("Two Weeks Vacation" (1952)). So in KH3, it would be returned to "Mickey's Revue".

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
How would you get to and from Hook's ship in Neverland?
You have a good point with the Jiminy's Journal entries.

As for Captain Hook's ship, it'll be docked inside Skull Rock. Through cutscenes, Captain Hook, as well as Sora and the team will sail to certain areas, like in Port Royal. By the end of the game, the ship will be Sora's and Peter's to sail.

And sorry, now that I'm officially done with everything school-related. I'll focus on this much more. Update soon, like today or tomorrow.

mharrington

As for Captain Hook's ship, it'll be docked inside Skull Rock. Through cutscenes, the Captain Hook, as well as Sora and the team will sail to certain areas, like in Port Royal. By the end of the game, the ship will be Sora's and Peter's to sail.

And sorry, now that I'm officially done with everything school-related. I'll focus on this much more. Update soon, like today or tomorrow.

I hope that we keep Neverland and Port Royal far apart from each other, though, mainly to lessen the multiple appearances of pirates.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what you're going to have here later. I wonder how much different Radiant Garden will look after Hollow Bastion!

Also, I had an idea for a line to be spoken by Captain Hook to Sora's party: "There are two kinds of people in this world: those in cahoots with me, and those in cahoots with Peter Pan! And you, you scallywag, are DEFINITELY in cahoots with that blasted Pan!"

One more thing, I know you said that you've made a complete timeline and general overview for all of the 17 worlds in the game, including the order they appear, storylines, world revisits, bosses, characters, weapons, and all that. But can I at least mention some ideas for Heartless enemies? I have some ideas, including even some new ones. The following Heartless would return in this game (where applicable, some would appear in certain levels):

• Aeroplane (Toontown)
  • Air Pirate (Neverland; Port Royal)
  • Aquatank (Atlantica)
  • Bolt Tower
  • Creeper Plant (Toontown; Neverland; Haunted Grounds)
  • Crescendo (Toontown; Olympus Coliseum; Neverland)
  • Gargoyle (Beast's Castle; Haunted Grounds)
  • Gargoyle Knight (Beast's Castle; Haunted Grounds)
  • Hot Rod (Toontown)
  • Large Body
  • Neoshadow
  • Sea Neon (Atlantica)
  • Search Ghost (Haunted Grounds)
  • Screwdriver (Atlantica)
  • Shadow
  • Soldier
  • Tornado Step
  • Wight Knight (Haunted Grounds)

Also, as I said before, I have some ideas for brand-new Heartless introduced in this game. Since this would be the first time they appear and no one knows who they are, I will tell where they appear likely and describe them:

• Air Gangster (Toontown; airborne version of the Gangster, except with a machine gun instead of a pistol)
  • Black Mariah (Toontown; Heartless truck with a Heartless Gangster driving, can mow you down, powerful)
  • Diamond Disco (magic Heartless dealing with cure/healing spells, replacing Green Requiems (KH1))
  • Gangster (Toontown; Heartless dressed in 1940s-type gangster attire and toting a pistol)
  • Luna Pirate (Neverland, Port Royal; more powerful and dangerous versions of the Pirate Heartless from KH1)
  • Ruby Calypso (magic Heartless dealing with fire spells, replacing Red Nocturnes (KH1) and Crimson Jazz (KH2))
  • Sapphire Punk (magic Heartless dealing with blizzard spells, replacing Blue Rhapsodies (KH1) and Emerald Blues (KH2))
  • Warlock (new magic-making Heartless, replacing Wizards (KH1) and Bookmasters (KH2))

Of course, that's just for the worlds that we know will appear. I'm sure there will be a whole lot more after all the worlds are mentioned.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
BTW, did you see that KH: 358/2 Days article in Nintendo Power? Looks good.
Yes, I have seen info on all of the new KH games currently being created. That all look really good!

Anyways, onto Radiant Garden!

Radiant Garden

The familar settings of the Radiant Garden marketplace appear on the screen. The team of Sora, Donald and Goofy run onto the screen and remark on how beautiful Radiant Garden has become, since they last saw it. All of the equipment that was once nestled throughout the town has been removed and all of the wrecked destruction of the town has been completely restored.

Suddenly, a gang of Heartless are seen jumping on the rooftops of the buildings, before dissapearing. I guess Sora and the gang have some work to do.

The team starts off in the Marketplace, the identical setting to the area found in KH2. Within the town's item, weapon and armor stores are Huey, Dewey and Louie, Donad's mischevious little nephews. You should stock up on items and armor before proceeding. At the top of the staircase, which leads to the town, you'll find the Moogle's Sythesis Shop. Right now, there are no items that you couls sue for item synthesis, but the Moggles inside will glady give you a tutorial about it.

The Moogles introduce their profound partner of Sythesis, Ludwig Von Drake, who had just recenty arrived at the town, from a world knwn as Duckburg. He is also working with the Moogles, to test his item sythesis experiments. He will provide help on several occasions throughout the game.

Back outside the marketplace, across the way, next to the staircase, you'll find Scrooge McDuck's Ice Cream Shop. Scrooge, who has recently created his favorite Sea-Salt Ice Cream, has opened a flourish shop in the marketplace. He quickly catches up with Sora and the team, before stating that Leon and the others would be very happy to see him.

Sora, Donald and Goofy leave the store and enter the Town Plaza.

The Town Plaza is the area where all of the citizens' houses are located. You can also get to the Bailey from here. One arriving in the area, a mandatory Heartless fight occurs. After the fight you proceed to Merlin's House.

Inside the neat and quaint house, you reunite with Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid and Merlin. They are all ecstatic that the restoration of Hollow Bastion "Radiant Garden" had finally been completed, after all of these months. Leon tells Sora to go to the castle, where Leon and the others will meet up to discuss certain affairs. You go to the save point and save the game.

You continue through the Town Plaza, fighting the Heartless, which sporadically appear. You arrive at the stone steps, which leads to a balcony that overlooks the beautifully restored town. Next to the balcony, is a passage that leads into the Bailey.

The bailey has been restored. During KH2, a gaping hole was made into one of the walls, which led into the Ravine. The hole had been altered into a beautiful archway, with a streaming waterfall. Below, blossoming trees are spread throughout. You enter the security gates, which lead to the castle.

After passing through the gates, you arrive in the Garden Walkway. This area was previously known as the "Reconstruction Site", but after it's restoration, a new name would fit better. The newly renovated area features a lush, mystical garden area, where vines line the stone walls, as water stream currents line the garden pathways. A short cutscene plays, where the FF crew and Merlin, meet up with the gang. Aerith states how she grew this garden, herself, a silent homage to her role in FF7. Leon and the others continue towards the castle.

Of course, as peaceful as the area may seem, it doesn't stop the appearances of the Heartless. You fight your way through the garden, before reaching the pathway, which leads to the castle.

You arrive at the Postern, where a few treasure chests wait, with a few items located inside. Sora goes to the save point and you save the game. After a brief cutscene, the FF crew is just about to lead the team into the castle. Suddenly, there's a rumble. Sora tells the FF characters to take shelter within the castle. A huge Heartless appears. The FF crew agree to help as much as they can. The Heartless monster uses his dark powers to shroud the save point and prevent any means of escape.

-Boss: Bastion Bolstrum-
HP- 200

This battle is fairly simple. This dark creature, made up of the uncunstructed pieces of the town, is capable of lunging towards Sora with his razor sharp claws. However, little damage is done. Constantly move throughout the fight, steering clear of the monster, until it's a good time to move towards the creature and thrash out a series of combo attacks.

During the fight, Leon and Yuffie will occasionally appear to help attack the creature, while Aerith sporadically heals the team members and Merlin replenishes MP. After the fight, the monster dissentigrates into nothing. The save point reappears.

The team recoups, while the FF crew (and Merlin, too!) state that, with the current instable state of Kingdom Hearts, the pathway to the worlds have re-opened. This leaves Sora, Donald and Goofy to begin their adventures in the several worlds. The crew wishes Sora, Donald and Goofy good luck and state that they could return anytime they'd like. Sora states that they'd be back soon.

Before leaving, Merlin approaches the team and gives Sora the Dodge Roll ability. The screen rises to focus on the castle, before a familiar raven flies out of one of the castle's windows.

Back on the world map, a new destination has opened. Chip and Dale briefly instruct Sora on how to operate the Gummi Ship. It's very similar to the KH2 style of flying. First, you must pass through the gummi route, in order to gain access to the world.

The open gummi route availabe is known as "Rocky Trails".

Jiminy's Journal- Radiant Garden

Sora and the gang arrive at Radiant Garden to find out that it's completely restored. After spotting some Heartless, the team heads over to Merlin's House and reunite with their friends.

Leon and the others led Sora through the town, to the castle postern, where a fierce Heartless monster attacked. Sora, using the power of the Keyblade and the help of his friends, easily vanquished the monster.

Leon and the others state that the pathways to the worlds have re-opened. Sora, Donald and Goofy set sail for the new world.

Characters:
  • Leon​
  • Cid​
  • Yuffie​
  • Aerith​
  • Merlin​
  • Huey​
  • Dewey​
  • Louie​
  • Scrooge McDuck​
  • Ludwig Von Drake​
  • Moogle​
Abilities Gained:
-Dodge Roll

Heartless:
  • Shadow​
  • Soldier​
  • Crescendo​
  • Creeper Plant​
  • Dark Nocturne​
  • Large Body​
  • Mama Body​
Bosses:
Bastion Bolstrum​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom