2) Robert Bennett
3) David Radford (Young Frank Sinatra)
4) Sway (!!!!???)
5) Elliot Yamin
6) Gedeon McKinney
7) Chris Daughtry (Rocker)
8) William Covington (!!!???)
9) Patrick Hall
10) Kevin Covais (Anthony Federov anyone?)
11) Taylor Hicks (Grey Hair Guy)
12) William Makar

CaptainMichael

American Idol 2006 Final 24:
Girls
1) Katherine McPhee
2) Mandessa
3) Melissa McGhee
4) Lisa Tucker (16yr old)
5) Brenna Ghethers
6) Stephanie Scott
7) Ayla Brown
8) Rebecca O'Donohue
9) Heather
10) Paris
11) Kellie Pickler!!!!
12) Kinniki Sky

Guys
1) Ace (This year's pop Constantine)
2) Robert Bennet
3) David Radford (Young Frank Sinatra)
4) Sway (!!!!???)
5) Elliot Yamin
6) Gedeon McKinney
7) Chris Daughtry (Rocker)
8) William Covington (!!!???)
9) Patrick Hall
10) Kevin Covais (Anthony Federov anyone?)
11) Taylor Hicks (Gray Hair Guy)
12) William Makar

imagineer boy

Looks pretty good! The guys side however, looks a lot stronger this year than last year. Unfortunately, there are no girls with the hotness of Carrie Underwood. :( But they are good singers though.

I was laughing so hard at the footage of the twins in jail! :lol: Serves those jerks right!

Valawen9

imagineer boy said:
Looks pretty good! The guys side however, looks a lot stronger this year than last year. Unfortunately, there are no girls with the hotness of Carrie Underwood. :( But they are good singers though.

I was laughing so hard at the footage of the twins in jail! :lol: Serves those jerks right!

Yeah I agree...the guys are a lot better this year...I really like David Radford, probably more for his looks than for his voice :lookaroun:D But I really do like his voice. Ace is really good too.

And I think Kellie Pickler is totally adorable! Love her.:)

GenerationX

Yeah, it looks like the twins will be singing karaoke in the pokey.

It seems like a good group. Mandisa's speech to Simon was heartfelt, spot-on, and graceful. Kudos to her.

My pick for the winner: Katherine McPhee, the first person who made it through and kissed all of the judges. I believe she's the one whose mother is a vocal teacher. In addition to a great, well-trained voice, she's the hottest of the women - gorgeous face, curvy. She's got my votes.

DisneyFreak529

Well a few weeks ago the story about the twins had already leaked out & we knew they were leaving soon. I'm never liked them, I thought they were stuck up & rude.

I'm happy for the gray haired guy, I can't remember his name but he is my favorite! I have to remember his name once it's time to start voting !!

Erika

Whoo-hoo, thanks for posting the final 24! We were busy this week and I didn't get to watch more than a few minutes. I am happy to see my favorites made it through :sohappy:

SpongeScott

My faves are in bold

American Idol 2006 Final 24:
Girls
1) Katherine McPhee
2) Mandisa
3) Melissa McGhee
4) Lisa Tucker
5) Brenna Ghethers
6) Stephanie Scott
7) Ayla Brown
8) Rebecca O'Donohue
9) Heather
10) Paris
11) Kellie Pickler
12) Kinniki Sky

Guys
1) Ace
2) Robert Bennet
3) David Radford
4) Sway
5) Elliot Yamin
6) Gideon McKinney
7) Chris Daughtry--you know, I want to like him, but I just can't make a connection--yet.
8) William Covington
9) Patrick Hall
10) Kevin Covais--family sentimental favorite
11) Taylor Hicks
12) William Makar

I hope Gideon and Brenna go home real fast.

Dizknee_Phreek

Valawen9 said:
"the crooner"...omg I hope it makes it.

Dizknee_Phreek that's our guy! lol
LOL! Actually, I'm not so sure he was the one I was thinking about. I think the one I liked was William Makar. :)

I hadn't heard about the twins before last night, so I had no clue what they were going to announce about them until it happened...and let me tell you, my jaw hit the floor and stayed there for, like, 10 minutes. I almost hate to say it...wait, no I don't...but how lucky for us! Amazing.

I'm actually kind of surprised to see so many people supporting Taylor Hicks. I thought not too many people would support him because of his not-so-youthful appearance. But I'm happy I was wrong! I adore Taylor; I think he's great! And I can't wait to see more of Patrick - he seems like a funny guy. Kellie is too cute for words - she's like this year's Carrie Underwood, only with tons more personality. Love her! I agree with you STR8FAN - Ace is probably this year's pop Constantine. It's so hard not to compare him to Constantine - he's pretty and he has the shoulder-length hair going on, and his vocals seem to be much different than the other 11 guys. I think he'll go far - if only from the votes from swooning fangirls.
I'm quite intrigued by this year's range of talent...but PLEASE for the love of Pete, don't let their be another Scott Saval in the bunch!

CaptainMichael

This is the OFFICIAL WDWMAGIC American Idol thread for 2006. It is better to keep all American Idol stuff together and is better for WDWMAGIC in general.

Remember that the AIM Chat name is WDWMagicAmericanIdol.

Have a good season guys!

CaptainMichael

STR8FAN's Live Observations:
1.) Mandisa-1-866-Idols-01- A great way to start the show. Paula said she was better than Carrie Underwood at singing Heart..pfft! Good, but not Carrie!

2.) Kellie Pickler-1-866-Idols-02- Not a good start Kellie...hott visually, but a terrble version of Martina McBride's "How Far"....not impressed : ( I really wish she would have done better. She is such a darling!

3.) Becky O'Donohue-1-866-Idols-03- Ouch, kinda scary. So far Mandisa is the best which surprises me immensly.

4.) Ayla Brown- 1-866-Idols-04- Singing "Reflection" from Disney's Mulan. Wow, she steals the show so far! Pleasant surprise!

5.) Paris-1-866-Idols-05- "Midnight Train to Georgia" It was good, but I find her movement and singing awkward at times. Ayla still number 1 in my book tonight.

6.) Stevie Scott-1-866-Idols-06- "To Where You Are" (Opera) Simon says, "A complete and utter mess." I sort of agree...

7.) Brenna Ghethers-1-866-Idols-07- "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" I wish they would put a muzzle on her mouth. I'm tired of her. Singing isn't terrible, but I cannot stand her personality. Simon says, "It's like something you would hear in some ghastly hotel."

8.) Heather -1-866-Idols-08-"When You Tell Me That You Love Me" A weak performance. I'm not sure her good looks can save her. Simon says,"Very forgettable, but they'll remember how good you looked."

9.) Melissa McGhee-1-866-Idols-09-"When the Lights Go Down" by Faith Hill- Didn't like it when Faith sang it, and I don't like it now.

10.) Lisa Tucker-1-866-Idols-10- Most powerful voice all night. A few bad notes, but overall, a great performance better than most of the girls tonight. Compliments from all of the judges. Simon says, "The night most people will look back and remember Lisa Tucker"

11.) Kinnik Sky-1-866-Idols-11-Bleh, nothing spectacular.

12.) Katharine McPhee-1-866-Idols-12-Oh snap!!! Sparkling, amazing, heavenly, refreshing. A great way to end the show! (Her and Kellie are welcome in my arms any day...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom