Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Idiot cat. It's 81 degrees in here. I've shut the windows and put the air back on.

Best to check that the window is actually open before jumping from ground level into a solid sheet of double pane, thermally insulated, argon filled glass, methinks.

On an unrelated note - cats bounce good.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Boy oh boy, Karma is fast.

Ski just called me down to listen to a weird noise and feel a hot floor. I know that sound - water. Heated floor means a hot water leak, and yup, a flooded basement. :banghead::banghead:

And of course, the basement is jam packed, wall to wall, with everyone's junk. Not just junk belonging to the people who actually live here. Not even necessarily the junk of people who actually still live.

NYwdwfan

Boy oh boy, Karma is fast.

Ski just called me down to listen to a weird noise and feel a hot floor. I know that sound - water. Heated floor means a hot water leak, and yup, a flooded basement. :banghead::banghead:

And of course, the basement is jam packed, wall to wall, with everyone's junk. Not just junk belonging to the people who actually live here. Not even necessarily the junk of people who actually still live.
Ohhhh nooooo.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ohhhh nooooo.
On the plus side, tomorrow is garbage day, so everything that has to bed chucked can go straight to the curb.

I'm just so not in the mood for this right now. I didn't want to waste time just shutting off the hot water, so I shut off the main valve, so now we can't even flush the toilets. Good thing I already showered today. The rest of them can feel free to drive over to Jamie's if they can't wait for a plumber tomorrow!

PUSH

Original Poster
We thought so too, although Mike enjoyed it more than me. It was a smidge too intense for me.

For sure we will do it at least once per trip, but I don't think I'll be doing it multiple times in a row (long waits notwithstanding).
It's launched into a 2 or 3 time per trip attraction for me. Epcot lowered to park #3 for me in the rankings partly because of the downgrade in attractions over the year (TT, Soarin, IMO), but mainly because AK raised up to #2. It was in a battle for #3 with DHS before, but if I had to choose, it probably would have been #4 prior to my last trip.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It's launched into a 2 or 3 time per trip attraction for me. Epcot lowered to park #3 for me in the rankings partly because of the downgrade in attractions over the year (TT, Soarin, IMO), but mainly because AK raised up to #2. It was in a battle for #3 with DHS before, but if I had to choose, it probably would have been #4 prior to my last trip.
I think we're: MK/Epcot - tied for first.
DHS - second.
AK/DS - tied for third.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Toronto Blue Jays - the first AL team to surpass the 3,000,000 mark in fan attendance this year. :)

Too bad they really stunk up the joint this season.

Next year.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
On the plus side, tomorrow is garbage day, so everything that has to bed chucked can go straight to the curb.

I'm just so not in the mood for this right now. I didn't want to waste time just shutting off the hot water, so I shut off the main valve, so now we can't even flush the toilets. Good thing I already showered today. The rest of them can feel free to drive over to Jamie's if they can't wait for a plumber tomorrow!

No one is ever in the mood for a hot water heater to bust. When the go, they go!! :eek: Little or no warning, and they just flood the darn cellar. Happened to us once in a different place that we used to rent. We were on the first floor of a 3-family house, and one morning I saw some steam coming up through the crack of a basement door. Opened the door and it was like a sauna! Landlord called the plumber ASAP. He came and took out the old water heater and installed a new one, the same day.

Word of advice--never store anything of value in a basement. (I had nothing down there, but hubs had boxes of books, etc. They got dumped!)

PUSH

Original Poster
Lucky! The fan I got was covered in dust. :hungover:
Well, we don't know what is happening with air in our school. I don't know if we have it or not. The cooling system just got totally redone this summer, and the front half of the building is blasting cold air, while the back half doesn't have it. So they are pumping air in the front half to make it cool in the back half. My room is in the back half.

At the start of the year, my room was always freezing. Now it's always hot. And the blower next to my desk was constantly on, and now it's on lower with warmer air. So I don't know if it just blows outside air in or what. But it's not doing a great job.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
No one is ever in the mood for a hot water heater to bust. When the go, they go!! :eek: Little or no warning, and they just flood the darn cellar. Happened to us once in a different place that we used to rent. We were on the first floor of a 3-family house, and one morning I saw some steam coming up through the crack of a basement door. Opened the door and it was like a sauna! Landlord called the plumber ASAP. He came and took out the old water heater and installed a new one, the same day.

Word of advice--never store anything of value in a basement. (I had nothing down there, but hubs had boxes of books, etc. They got dumped!)
It's not the water heater. It's a burst pipe under the floor, or the hot water hose to the washer.

Either way, Mike can't fit into that area. Skinny-minny Ski can though. (I was just about to boast that he was back in the 170's for the first time since grade nine, but then he got a cold and dropped back down to 168. At 6' 4", that makes him pretty lean.)

Pretty much everything in the basement is in plastic bins on shelves, so not on the floor. Our stuff anyway. A lot of what needs to go will be the water-logged dropped ceiling tiles.

Mike is "stopping at Lowe's on the way home". Forget it buddy, I want a plumber.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I know this doesn't sound like me, and my sister in law is shocked that I accepted; but I am going to a sign making workshop in a few weekends.

After much contemplation, vaccillating between religious sayings or Disney themes, I chose this:

IMG_8512.JPG

My template was just sent to me. The only change I requested was the addition of an apostrophe, and for Stitchie to be stretched a little taller.

IMG_8531.jpg

Now to decide, once it's painted, if it goes above our bed, or above the fireplace in the family room. Good thing I am addicted to teal/tourquoise and have used it in almost every room as an accent colour.

Nemo14

In addition to what many people are going through in Fla after hurricane Irma, a lot of the state parks / natural habitats have been disrupted due to the storm. Many have been able to reopen this past week, but many still remain closed for debris cleanup. One of my favorite hiking trails just outside of Gainesville is currently underwater.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Paynes-Prairie

This was the same trail that @Nemo14 and her husband explored back in winter during the dry season, and posted a lot of pictures of the gators, bison, etc. I've been there once in December during dry season, and before in the springtime during a heavy rain season. This is NOT a trail to take lightly during the rainy season, as the high water gives the wildlife very little room to just sit out & sunbathe during the day....usually just a few feet off of the hiking trail, as I discovered back in May of 2016.

I can't imagine what the trail looks like now. Probably just one big lake.

:(
I was just gong through the list of parks closed last night - its astounding when you realize how far apart they are. we had planned to rent a cabin at Myakka in January for a few nights, but I think now we'll wait to next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom