Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Tick Tock

:(
I was just gong through the list of parks closed last night - its astounding when you realize how far apart they are. we had planned to rent a cabin at Myakka in January for a few nights, but I think now we'll wait to next year.
It should be back to normal by January unless another major storm hits this Fall. It's still one of the closed parks, which is concerning.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
In addition to what many people are going through in Fla after hurricane Irma, a lot of the state parks / natural habitats have been disrupted due to the storm. Many have been able to reopen this past week, but many still remain closed for debris cleanup. One of my favorite hiking trails just outside of Gainesville is currently underwater.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Paynes-Prairie

This was the same trail that @Nemo14 and her husband explored back in winter during the dry season, and posted a lot of pictures of the gators, bison, etc. I've been there once in December during dry season, and before in the springtime during a heavy rain season. This is NOT a trail to take lightly during the rainy season, as the high water gives the wildlife very little room to just sit out & sunbathe during the day....usually just a few feet off of the hiking trail, as I discovered back in May of 2016.

I can't imagine what the trail looks like now. Probably just one big lake.

N-flippin'-O!

Nemo14

It should be back to normal by January unless another major storm hits this Fall. It's still one of the closed parks, which is concerning.
We're just not sure structurally what's going on with them so we figured we wait. We looking into volunteering at one of the parks though.

Even my beloved Blue Springs is still closed...

Nemo14

And that was during a hike the day after a typical spring stormy day, and water was already hugging the trail in some areas. Can't begin to grasp what it's like now with Irma, and the rainy months leading up to Irma. :eek:

It amazed me how the water levels had changed so much between the time you went and when we did. We'll probably stop there again in January and check it out again.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This was from a quick-trip I went on in early December last year, and a wetter than usual one, for that matter. Yet even still it's a big difference in the water compared to May. More "beach" areas for the happy gator sunbathers. When you went, that pond was nearly a gator soccer field.

It's amazing seeing the changes throughout the seasons. I'm curious as to what Blue Spring is like currently.

Okay guys, you're supposed to be helping me convince Mike to buy a condo in Florida; not talk him out of it!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm in the middle of buying a new freezer online and have two more buttons to click when Mike insists that he needs my phone. His battery is dead. He needs the flashlight app to ascertain the location of the leak.

Anybody want to guess what EVERYONE is getting in their Christmas stocking? Again.
No, not new phones!
Flashlights!

IMG_8533.jpg IMG_8534.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
And of course, he wants to keep the old, way-too-small, wildly-inefficient one that's currently down there. He is such a hoarder!

I've already pointed out that there's no way he can stuff my body in there; so really, what's the point?

I'll be putting it on Kijiji. For free. Come get it, it's yours.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Anybody else notice how easy it is to load multiple, multiple photos now? Where the heck was this last week when I was doing my trip report, loading every single picture one at a time?!?!

Lucky

Heard a bulletin this morning on the 4:30 AM news: Fruit Loops is going back to its original, bright, artificial colors and flavors, because the public missed them. Apparently, the less sweetened flavors, and naturally colored (dull) colors, turned off most customers! :D
Maybe next Kellogg's will change Corn Pops back to Sugar Pops, and Honey Smacks back to Sugar Smacks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom