Residents not so Happily Ever After all.

peter11435

donsullivan

Premium Member
The fact that they are seeing this now vs with Wishes might be due to an odd recent weather pattern in central FL. Normally our winds come out of the west or north. In the recent storm cycle over the last month or so, we have seen winds coming out of the south which would drive things north of the property that might not normally go there. Once we settle back to a normal summer weather pattern with winds out of the west and north, there is a strong possibility they'll likely see the fallout pattern go back to normal and not see it any longer.

JediMasterMatt

The fact that they are seeing this now vs with Wishes might be due to an odd recent weather pattern in central FL. Normally our winds come out of the west or north. In the recent storm cycle over the last month or so, we have seen winds coming out of the south which would drive things north of the property that might not normally go there. Once we settle back to a normal summer weather pattern with winds out of the west and north, there is a strong possibility they'll likely see the fallout pattern go back to normal and not see it any longer.

Bingo. Really odd weather last week regarding the winds while I was there. When there was a breeze, it was coming out of the south and most often during HEA, there was NO breeze which lets the smoke and fallout just sit. It's no wonder it was raining down on the complex.

What goes up has to come down.

Of course, I'd hate to see TDO use this as an excuse to scale back the prodigious amounts of pyro being lofted up during HEA currently. I'm still amazed at the pyro budget. It's a great show currently.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This makes sense. I don't see anything related to the pyro product that would be significantly different in fall out compared to Wishes.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

It amazes me they would run with this story without even taking this type of stuff into consideration. Or maybe they did but just didn't care.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It amazes me they would run with this story without even taking this type of stuff into consideration. Or maybe they did but just didn't care.

Anything with Disney in the headline draws eyeballs in the local Orlando media. Let be honest here, I'm totally theorizing that the recent abnormal weather pattern might be the driver- I have absolutely nothing to factually prove that theory. The residents and the media looking for clicks on a website are only connecting the fact that a new show started and then this problem started so they must be directly related. Nobody is bothering to look beyond that to see if their might be another explanation.

Brad Bishop

They said it's been happening for a month, since the HEA fireworks started. Maybe there's something new/different with the new fireworks (different packing)??

My thought is that they probably aren't looking to stir the pot just to do it and, unless the winds shifted right when HEA started and have been that way since then that's not it.

I didn't think about it until I saw the report but, separately, can you imagine living with a dog in those apartments? For the 4th and New Years mine patiently sits by my bed and alerts me with her paw as if to say, "Hey. Just thought you might like to know, there's some serious stuff (in my head she uses curse words) going on outside. I thought you might want to spend our last waking minutes together before it all comes to an end."

peter11435

They said it's been happening for a month, since the HEA fireworks started. Maybe there's something new/different with the new fireworks (different packing)??

My thought is that they probably aren't looking to stir the pot just to do it and, unless the winds shifted right when HEA started and have been that way since then that's not it.

I didn't think about it until I saw the report but, separately, can you imagine living with a dog in those apartments? For the 4th and New Years mine patiently sits by my bed and alerts me with her paw as if to say, "Hey. Just thought you might like to know, there's some serious stuff (in my head she uses curse words) going on outside. I thought you might want to spend our last waking minutes together before it all comes to an end."
Local media loves to stir the pot. Nothing new.

Living there with a dog or baby or even at all might be challenging at times. But again, the apartments were built and people moved in knowing exactly where they were and what they were getting in to.

JohnD

It's like a recent media story: "Homeowner's Association demands veteran take down second flagpole." That's right. SECOND flagpole. You would think the association is trying to burn the U.S. flag or something and looking to punish veterans. Look, I'm as patriotic as the next guy. I was surprised they were allowed one flagpole (this is a different state from Florida). In Florida, the statute is one removable U.S. flag (or Armed Forces or Veterans flag) and not even a flagpole. Give me a break.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom