Residents not so Happily Ever After all.

Speedy71

They act like they don't have I dunno......a HOSE
giphy.gif

Disney Analyst

Not to mention majority of these people wouldn't have a city to live in if it weren't for Disney! Because of Walt Disney choosing this random, huge plot of land in the middle of nowhere, Orlando was born.

rogerrabbitfan9

I'm surprised these buildings are so close to Magic Kingdom! I thought they would have had a ton of spare room around the park?

The Magic Kingdom is at the far most north piece of Disney's land. This apartment complex is more or less exactly at Disney's border. The land on that side of property is pretty worthless for a hotel, since the only road on property is owned by Disney and not really for the general populus to use.

FullSailDan

For whats its worth, many friends of ours live in the neighborhoods directly surrounding that complex and have no issues. The occasional extra loud boom scares some pets but whatever. That apartment complex is also mostly cast who realize that if Disney wasn't there, they wouldn't be living there. So... yeah, not much of a story here

Doesn't Disney own the land that the apts are built on. Can someone check?? if that is the case and Disney owns the land and gave a land lease to build apts then they have nothing to stand on.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'm surprised these buildings are so close to Magic Kingdom! I thought they would have had a ton of spare room around the park?

They aren't as close as some descriptions earlier might lead you to believe. If you look at the property on Google maps or similar, you'll see that to the north of the Magic Kingdom there is a large service area that contains multiple warehouse type buildings for central shops, monorail and train roundhouse, marina, holiday services, laundry, power plant, Data Center, etc.. To the north of that is the cast member parking lot. The apartment complex in question is to the northwest of the cast member parking lot. It's approximately 1/2 mile north of the MK pyro launch location that is on Floridian Way on the northern perimeter of the Magic Kingdom.

Most of this area to the north along 535 and Reams road was absolutely empty with no development until around 10 years ago when that whole area exploded with new residential development.

pyro sites.png

Last edited:

Yert3

Man, just when I thought people couldn't get any more petty. When I saw the headline was expecting to see mounds of ash, not little speckles. My car is dirtier than that 99% of the time, and guess what? Yup, still drives the exact same way.

Last edited:

rob0519

This is ridiculous. Many of those people probably moved there specifically for the proximity to Disney.

Non-story.

No, it's a story because there was no fallout from Wishes and now there is. Yeah, WDW is still a mile away, but they changed the parameters of the show so that debris no goes farther. It's sort of like an airport building a new runway after 30 years and changing the flight path to include people it did not affect for all those years.

Daveeeeed

Well, Disney will still get our money as Happily Ever After rocks!!! :greedy:

In the end that's all they care about, so it truly is a non-issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom